Author Topic: Snoop Is Getting Wack!  (Read 601 times)

Diabolical

Re:Snoop Is Getting Wack!
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2003, 04:57:37 PM »
I can't believe how much hate Snoop gets on this board.  Its pretty sad IMO. Considering the guys prolly done more the for the westcoast (besides Dre) than any other artist.

The Person Who Done Most For The West Was Pac, In The 2 Or So Years He Was With DR He Always Repped The West To The Fullest And Never Sold Out, Not That Im Saying Snoop Has Or Anything. If Pac Was Still Alive The West Would Be On Top IMO.

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2003, 05:08:54 PM »
I can't believe how much hate Snoop gets on this board.  Its pretty sad IMO. Considering the guys prolly done more the for the westcoast (besides Dre) than any other artist.

The Person Who Done Most For The West Was Pac, In The 2 Or So Years He Was With DR He Always Repped The West To The Fullest And Never Sold Out, Not That Im Saying Snoop Has Or Anything. If Pac Was Still Alive The West Would Be On Top IMO.

no offense but if snoop had died in 95 you could say pretty much the same thing..it's too hard to think of what would happen cause it's hard to imagine back then where dre/snoop/ kurupt/ daz/ warren g would be like today
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Big BpG

« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2003, 10:22:42 PM »
Alright, im going to post more, but first off, the avatar is staying. Just because I dont feel his music as much doesn't mean I cant still show my respect for his music, because yes, he keeps it going and won't stop till need be, but hopefully this era is just another 96-98 era where he was making music the fans didn't want.

First off, Snoop's old school music, its classic, im not clowning, I just feel that his music from 99-01 was some of the deepest music he has ever written. You can't argue that. During those years Snoop opened his heart and soul and rapped about his emotions. His old school music was entertaining, party hardy, hardcore, but not thoughtful. As a fan of music, I always listen to the verse before I respect the production. You could have a tight beat, but rap about nothing. I dont like that, I never will, whether its rap or rock.

Second. The westcoast is just slow. Real slow. What made the westcoast pop? Snoop, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube and you know the rest. They've gone their own way and we have to respect that, but as fans we are hurting because are music is not there. We can't go to a club and hear OUR music play unless its Nuthin But A G Thang Babyyyyyyy!!!!

As for Snoop, he is all about the money right now, which I dont like. He has money, but he's not being creative, he's not an artist. He doesn't work to perfection, he works to get that check in the mail. We all work our ass off at whatever we do, and get nothing. Snoop had to, but doesn't have to anymore, he's taking advantage of his image and that's sad because Snoop will always be considered an under achiever for that. How can you go from Doggystyle and end up with PTCTBTB, which IMO is his worst album.

As for 213. Personally, I believe it's going to be half-ass. How can we expect greatness. We know the album is rushed. It was announced last last year and a release is coming  soon. To me, it sounds like three very old men finding any time they have to spit a verse, then run off to appear on MTV to get thier face on. It doesn't seem like endless hours of lab work, producing, writing...it doesn't sound like perfection. Look at Dre, we can't be mad at him. Whether its with the west or the east, he works hard and we know it. WE DONT SEE HIM EVERYWHERE... we know where he is right now... in the lab.....working...

we just want greatness, thats all. Work hard at it so you can be proud of it. Dont drop it for another check, drop it cause you feel its the best you have to offer. No matter how you do it, you will make money. If you do it the right way, you'll make more.

-BpG

Albums I Bought This Year

From '93 to '05

Z the laidback Virus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm as laidback as possible without being high
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2003, 12:40:27 AM »
Good posts in here but as usual I think the reality lies in the middle. Snoop isn't making the greatest shit lately,but he isn't wack. He does help the westcoast and has done a great lot in the past,yet he doesn't do as much as he could do. IMO,he still wants to make good music but money plays a too big role and he may not have a good perception on what his fans really want him to do.
Z knows about ALL your inner conflicts..

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2003, 10:14:24 AM »
I haven't really felt anything Snoop's done since "The Last Meal".
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

TOOTHBRUSH

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • dpg production
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2003, 07:07:53 PM »
Good posts in here but as usual I think the reality lies in the middle. Snoop isn't making the greatest shit lately,but he isn't wack. He does help the westcoast and has done a great lot in the past,yet he doesn't do as much as he could do. IMO,he still wants to make good music but money plays a too big role and he may not have a good perception on what his fans really want him to do.

bpg props on your post i feel what your saying but what z virus posted here i think is about right
"its tha pimp of tha crew soopafly comin through wit a dick and a couple balls just to name a few"-soopafly

Bomb-A®

« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2003, 09:29:09 PM »
watching him perform at the recent mtv awards did it for me.
im still gonna check for him, but i probably wont even buy his next album. and i have all his albums including the Es albums. snoop has one fan less. he probably makes 10 new ones for every 1 he loses to that bubblegum shit. so he won't mind.

peace