Author Topic: Nas - The Lost Tapes Pt2 info!  (Read 538 times)

Dj Eskimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamer
Nas - The Lost Tapes Pt2 info!
« on: October 09, 2003, 01:26:55 PM »
New Nas Album in December
Thursday - October 9, 2003
J-23
After mounting his comeback with “Stillmatic” in late 2001, Nas recaptured a large portion of his initial fan base with “The Lost Tapes” in the fall of 2002. The collection of unreleased material proved that Nas never stopped making good music, his label just didn’t put it on the albums.

Soon after Nas said that he had even more treats in his vault, and he would be making a second installment of “The Lost Tapes.” That second installment will be here on December 16th. It will feature unreleased songs, remixes, and even some freestyles (a true rarity from Nas).

To get you all salivating, I can tell you this. There are several Dr. Dre produced songs that were left off the Firm album, a Pete Rock remix of “One Love” featuring Sadat X and some pre-Illmatic songs that have never been released.

:o :o :o

<iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/insertgamertaghere.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204"></iframe>
http://www.myspace.com

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re:Nas - The Lost Tapes Pt2 info!
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2003, 03:56:29 PM »
all i can say is if its as good as the first lost tapes, ill be happy

PLANT

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2003, 04:17:05 PM »
all i can say is if its as good as the first lost tapes, ill be happy
Word, Lost Tapes was better than God's Son IMO.....Hopefully #2 is dope aswell.

pappy

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2003, 04:37:51 PM »
i hope everyday thing is on it.  the version with sam sneed

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2003, 05:59:12 PM »
Word, Lost Tapes was better than God's Son IMO

well in my opinion lost tapes was his second or 3rd best cd and gods song was his worst or second worst

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2003, 08:54:56 PM »
New Nas Album in December
Thursday - October 9, 2003
J-23
After mounting his comeback with “Stillmatic” in late 2001, Nas recaptured a large portion of his initial fan base with “The Lost Tapes” in the fall of 2002. The collection of unreleased material proved that Nas never stopped making good music, his label just didn’t put it on the albums.

Soon after Nas said that he had even more treats in his vault, and he would be making a second installment of “The Lost Tapes.” That second installment will be here on December 16th. It will feature unreleased songs, remixes, and even some freestyles (a true rarity from Nas).

To get you all salivating, I can tell you this. There are several Dr. Dre produced songs that were left off the Firm album, a Pete Rock remix of “One Love” featuring Sadat X and some pre-Illmatic songs that have never been released.

:o :o :o

:o :o :o :o :o :o

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2003, 10:43:59 PM »
OK...first i have a really good day at work, then i get this girls number who i've wanted to peep for awhile...now you tell me this? can my day get any better? i cant wait for this shit to drop...imo the lost tapes was his 3rd best cd, first being It Was Written, second being "God's Son" (at first i didnt think so but some of this shit is so personal)...i cant wait for this...ONE LOVE REMIX  :o :o :o

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2003, 11:21:13 PM »

Lost....What?

oh!! yeah dope.......
Hatesrats 2oooTre :o

Don Seer

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2003, 12:29:16 AM »
lol damn yeah... everyday thing / la la whatever would be tight!

i'm oretty sure i have that that pete rock remix too.. but definitely getting this one!

adds 'dec 16th - nas lost tapes 2' to his shopping list

white Boy

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2003, 03:49:24 PM »
OK...first i have a really good day at work, then i get this girls number who i've wanted to peep for awhile...now you tell me this? can my day get any better? i cant wait for this shit to drop...imo the lost tapes was his 3rd best cd, first being It Was Written, second being "God's Son" (at first i didnt think so but some of this shit is so personal)...i cant wait for this...ONE LOVE REMIX

dont agree, and i think illmatic is his best, then 2nd and 3rd is either lost tapes or it was writen, i would say lost tapes, but its close

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2003, 03:17:02 AM »
I'm definitely picking this one up.

Efrain

« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2003, 10:59:39 AM »
I'm not a nas fan but I really respect these lost tapes albums he's putting out. Its a trend I'd like to see allot of other rappers jump on.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2003, 12:00:59 PM »
cant wait sound sick, wanna def hear the dre joints to, never really was too hyped about this cuz i thought it might jus be all weak leftover, which it still might be, but it sounds dope anyways, imma cop it fo sho
peace

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2003, 03:12:41 PM »
I don't really like this news.

I would prefer this album to be like The Lost Tapes were he's got 12 unreleased songs with just himself, not remixes (even if Pete Rock did it), freestyles and some guest appearances.

Don Breezio

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2003, 03:20:14 PM »
I don't really like this news.

I would prefer this album to be like The Lost Tapes were he's got 12 unreleased songs with just himself, not remixes (even if Pete Rock did it), freestyles and some guest appearances.

agreed