Author Topic: whether u like jay-z or not, y'all gotta be......  (Read 428 times)

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
whether u like jay-z or not, y'all gotta be......
« on: November 02, 2003, 01:43:58 PM »
pumped for his new black album........

i mean 1st single is weak, which would usually giv a indication that the rest is gonna be to, but i gotta feelin the rest of the album will be different.........and i aint no big jay-z fan, i know there be cats sicker than him out their and laughed when source gave the blueprint 5 mics.....cuz that be mad overated, dope but overated, ppl only started to realise later though.............but all that being said.........i think  the black album will be dope.....i mean i think its def gonna be a step up from blueprint........(lets not even mention pt 2).........and will giv him a a sick album no doubt........plus its only 12 joints which is def good to hear to........i mean is anyone else who aint jay-z groupies pumped up about this?...............i can already imagine some cats on wcc givin this album 5 mics now befo they even heard the album and im sure we'll get some real predictable reviews back from some cats.......but like c'mon man, if u a hiphop fan, u gotta be pumped about this no matter what jay-z done in the past........

peace

Reef

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Guess Whos Back?
Re:whether u like jay-z or not, y'all gotta be......
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2003, 02:37:52 PM »
Agreed, Im pretty hyped for this.. be interested to see what he comes out with. i aint heard the 1st single yet thou. I can see him comming better on this than Blueprint 1 & 2.. I dont think he'll come as bad as he didn on blueprint 2, i think Jay wouldnt wanna go out on an album like that.. He's gotta drop a soild album otherwise he'll lose alot of respect from the tru hiphop fans.

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2003, 02:51:25 PM »
the only reason im intrested is cause of some of the produces you know...dre quik timbo and eminem those are the 4 tracks i cant wait to hear...as far as the rest of the shit it really doesnt matter to me but im hyped cause of the producers

Jome

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2003, 08:25:07 PM »
.i mean is anyone else who aint jay-z groupies pumped up about this?...............i can already imagine some cats on wcc givin this album 5 mics now befo they even heard the album and im sure we'll get some real predictable reviews back from some cats.......

Yeah, WCC is more less made up of Jay-Z groupies..  ::)

However, the first single brought my anticipation a lot down.
A Neptunes laced lovesong-inspired single isn't the recipe for a classic album.
I just hope that the rest of the album can justify the reviews from SOHH, if they're not making it up like they use to.

..::M~Phasis::..

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2003, 10:21:10 PM »
I aint pumped for that shyt.  Im def pumped for Terrorist Threats.

^^New D-Block Forum

~T.R.A.U.M.A~

Tha_Reverend

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 10:36:05 PM »
I want that Quik joint and maybe that Dre beat.  that's it

N-Sane Brain

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2003, 05:48:46 AM »
I would not call me a Jay-Z fan, but I got all his albums and was never disappointed with one of them. But to be honest, I doubt that "The Black Album" will be a classic, 'cause I heard "Change Clothes & Go" and "What More Can I Say" and I don't feel one of them two tracks. To drop a classic album you can't drop a single like "Change Clothes & Go", actually, a track like this should'nt be on a classic!

But the album will definitely be very tight! Although I lost a lot of anticipation for it, I'm curious to hear the other tracks and I'm sure Hov' won't disappoint me with his last record 8)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 05:49:12 AM by The T'cha »

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2003, 06:15:32 AM »
I want that Quik joint and maybe that Dre beat.  that's it

me too.. i want both of those.

hope this quik track gives him a lot of exposure.. its very high profile :)

Adam Donnelly

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • WYTHENSHAWE
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2003, 06:21:34 AM »
I aint pumped for that shyt.  Im def pumped for Terrorist Threats.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2003, 06:37:38 PM »
I am. I'm a big Jigga fan (even though I don't talk about him much on here). The Blueprint 2 was dissapointing, but this 1 looks promising, even tho I didn't like the first 2 songs I heard. Hell, I didn't like the first song I heard from Blueprint (Izzo or whatever) and it turned out to be the only track from it I didn't like.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2003, 06:38:00 PM by Brother Lincoln »

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2003, 07:04:32 PM »
Well to me this isn't gonna be an essential purchase. If I hear the album and like it then I will buy it, but it definitely isn't an album I will just go into the shop and buy without hearing it first. The first single is terrible and the other track which has been leaked is certainly nothing special. For me Jigga just doesn't flow like he used to, which is why the original Blueprint didn't have as much replay value as the beats used should have given it. I can see this album lacking any continuity because of the large amount of producers used, and no Premo, what the hell was he thinking. Has Ski even got a track on this? Can't remember seeing him on that production review.

Unless Jigga suprises me bigtime, I can't really see myself buying this.

abstruse

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2003, 08:14:34 PM »
Very very very good album. Cop it when it is relased.

VDK REPPIN!