Author Topic: "Bow Down" underrated?  (Read 224 times)

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
"Bow Down" underrated?
« on: November 04, 2003, 12:16:40 AM »
I'm constantly seeing albums such as "Chronic", "2001", "All Eyez On Me", "Doggystyle", and "Season of Da Siccness" being mentioned, but everyone always seems to forget about Westside Connection's classis debut album. Maybe it's cuz it was only 13 tracs, 2 of which were skits, or maybe it's cuz everyone knows it's so great so they don't see a need to mention it. Whatever it is it makes me think that this album is definitely underrated. Especially on a forum dedicated to West Coast rap. Why do y'all think this is? On a side note I also wanna express my opinion on "Gangsta, Killa, and Dope Dealer". I think this song itself is underrated as well. It's definitely overshadowed by songs like "Bow Down", "Hoo Bangin", and "Gangstas Make The World Go 'Round". Anyways, I'm done rantin' for now. Drop opinions or feedbacc. Whatever.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
Re:"Bow Down" underrated?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2003, 12:25:03 AM »
This was one of my favorite west coast albums of all time, and it came out at a perfect time.

However, I was playin it this summer. I noticed that other than the commercially released tracks, most of the songs on here have an outdated style of production that sounds dated, sorta how Illmatic's production was. Even tho this album is still tite, many of the songs aren't looked at as bein as tite as they were when the album first dropped. But with the albums u mentioned (other than Siccness cause I haven't heard it) all of these songs still sound fresh, even the old ones. They have timeless production on it, and even some lyrics are timeless. Westside Connection's shit was tite as hell when it dropped, but even some of what they were sayin isn't as neccessary anymore seein there is no east and west beef.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2003, 12:29:06 AM »
yeah i think maybe it is.. been bumpin it a lot  :)

Citizen-Y

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2003, 12:54:59 AM »
'Ey! I Cross 'Em Out and Put a 'K!
Inglewoooood!
Nigga! To South Central L.A.!

Best track on the cd.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2003, 01:27:29 AM »
hehe

u know that recent westside connection bootleg... theres a really good 12 min mix of the best bits from bow down, been bumpin that in the car a lot.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2003, 02:45:21 AM »
To West Coast hip-hop fans, this album is not underrated, but to hip-hop fans in general...yeah, unfortunately it is.

Don Breezio

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2003, 11:38:05 PM »
This is one of my favorite cds of all time...every track was a banger and both the skits were great... "I pledge allegiance, the rag of the united westside connection, and to the w for which it stands, one neighbourhood under god, invincible, with luxuries & riches for all"

kottonmouthninja

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2003, 11:57:15 PM »
classic

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2003, 05:48:24 PM »
u know that recent westside connection bootleg

what bootleg Seer? and i also think The Gangsta The Killer THe Dope Dealer is the best songs.... Cross Em Out A Put A K, King Of The Hill r also up there.. but its a straight classic cd 4 me can bump it front 2 back, and back 2 front again

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2003, 11:53:48 PM »
To West Coast hip-hop fans, this album is not underrated, but to hip-hop fans in general...yeah, unfortunately it is.

OFFICIAL speaking...^^^
Prop's...

Nuff said'
Hatesrats 2oooTre

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2003, 01:36:01 AM »
u know that recent westside connection bootleg

what bootleg Seer? and i also think The Gangsta The Killer THe Dope Dealer is the best songs.... Cross Em Out A Put A K, King Of The Hill r also up there.. but its a straight classic cd 4 me can bump it front 2 back, and back 2 front again

Westside_Connection_-_Worldwide_Westside-LCR

Artist: Westside Connection
Album Title: Worldwide Westside
Genre: Rap
Rip Date: 29/08/2003
Release Date: 00/00/2003
Encode Bitrate: 192kbps
Tracks: 17
Total Length: 75:15

01. Intro
02. Bangin' (ft Master P)
03. Walk
04. Nobody (ft Timbaland)
05. Lights Out (ft Knoc-Turn'al)
06. It'z The Holidaze
07. Irresistable (Remix) (ft Mariah Carey)
08. Connected For Life (ft Butch Cassidy)
09. Cheddar
10. Let It Rain
11. Westside Connect OG's (ft The Comrads)
12. Westside Slaughterhouse
13. West Up
14. Hoo Bangin' (Remix)
15. Bow Down (Ice Cube's Gangsta Mix)
16. Gangstas Make The World Go Round (Ant Banks Remix)
17. Worldwide Westside Mix

#lcmp3z on efnet