Author Topic: =/ What the hell is Going on (Box Office Talk about Kill Bill and TCM)  (Read 595 times)

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
7. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 73.3 Million in 4 weeks
11. Kill Bill Volume 1- 64.8 Million in 5 weeks

how can a well liked movie like Texas Chainsaw Massacre gets remade by a first time director and produced by the wackest director of our time can outshine Kill bill in the box office, which was done by Tarantino...who has made the latest big impact in the movie industry?

Don Breezio

Re:=/ What the hell is Going on (Box Office Talk about Kill Bill and TCM)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2003, 10:30:54 PM »
Simple...TCM was a classic already...kill bill looked stupid as fuck

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2003, 10:35:32 PM »
Simple...TCM was a classic already...kill bill looked stupid as fuck

have you seen Kill Bill Vol.1?  It has oscar buzz, i dont consider that stupid

Don Breezio

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2003, 10:49:10 PM »
no i havent...i said it LOOKED stupid as fuck...not it was stupid as fuck...i havent seen it so i dont know...but c'mon...that looked like the stupidest shit on earth...theres a reason i havent seen it yet.

The Watcher

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2003, 10:49:23 PM »
its all about the previews for the movie. i didnt like the look of Kill Bill Vol 1 from the previews and wasn't going to see it until it was the last thing on @ the movies which I hadn't seen. People know what TCM is so they know what they're getting

in saying that, Kill Bill Vol 1 is probably one of the greatest movies i've seen, ever. Anybody who thinks im lame or whatever can follow Daz's words and "succ a dicc"
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

SGV

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2003, 10:56:50 PM »
Just like in Hip Hop, just because it does larger numbers doesn't mean it's better.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2003, 10:58:43 PM »
no i havent...i said it LOOKED stupid as fuck...not it was stupid as fuck...i havent seen it so i dont know...but c'mon...that looked like the stupidest shit on earth...theres a reason i havent seen it yet.
yea i get what ur saying, but now that people have said its one of the best films they haveever seen, and more good stuff...ur stil not interested?  

The previews ofKill bill made it seem like Charies Angels 3 with swords...but man this movie its in its own leauge

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2003, 11:08:05 PM »
yea i get what ur saying, but now that people have said its one of the best films they haveever seen, and more good stuff...ur stil not interested?  

The previews ofKill bill made it seem like Charies Angels 3 with swords...but man this movie its in its own leauge

i've heard both sides...i've heard it was horrible and i've heard it was awesome...either way the previews turned me off so much that i will wait until its out on dvd...those previews were horrid

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2003, 08:02:34 PM »
Why, you ask? Because "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was a classic horror film, and the trailor for the remake made it look awesome (which it was)...Just because it's done by a first time director, doesn't mean shit...Lots of first time directors have their first movie be their biggest...I dunno if you saw the movie or not, but it was really good...And Michael Bay is a good director, you dumbass, so why the hell are you dissing him?...The answer to why "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003" did those numbers is quite simpe...Horror is coming back baby!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 08:05:50 PM »
By the way, your figures are wrong buddy..."Kill Bill Vol. 1" made $64,797,396 so far, and the "TCM" remake made $75,149,000...Nice try though, but not while I'm on this board...PeACe

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 09:05:30 PM »
Why, you ask? Because "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was a classic horror film, and the trailor for the remake made it look awesome (which it was)...Just because it's done by a first time director, doesn't mean shit...Lots of first time directors have their first movie be their biggest...I dunno if you saw the movie or not, but it was really good...And Michael Bay is a good director, you dumbass, so why the hell are you dissing him?...The answer to why "The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 2003" did those numbers is quite simpe...Horror is coming back baby!

Michael Bay a good director? And ur calling me the dumbass?
The point wasnt if its a good movie or not, about him being a first director...how can he get his hands on a classic like that? would u like the Godfather to be redone by a music video director?

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2003, 09:07:46 PM »

The point wasnt if its a good movie or not, about him being a first director...how can he get his hands on a classic like that? would u like the Godfather to be redone by a music video director?

As long as it turns out good...

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2003, 09:11:58 PM »

How the FUCK is Michael Bay a bad director? LMAO...He's directed "Bad Boys", "Pearl Harbor", "Armageddon", "The Rock", and "Bad Boys 2"...All of those movies were fuckin huge, and were also good as hell...You are indeed a dumbass, my friend.

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2003, 09:12:07 PM »
Bad Boys 1- his only good movie
The Rock- sucked
Armageddon- Also sucked
Pearl Harbor- Horrible
Bad Boys 2- no interest in watching it

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2003, 09:16:24 PM »
Bad Boys 1- his only good movie
The Rock- sucked
Armageddon- Also sucked
Pearl Harbor- Horrible
Bad Boys 2- no interest in watching it

Bad Boys 1 - Classic, made big bucks
The Rock - Good movie, made big bucks
Armageddon - Good movie, made big bucks
Pearl Harbor - Decent, made big bucks
Bad Boys 2 - Better than the first, made big bucks
Sccit says - You're a dumbass
« Last Edit: November 11, 2003, 09:17:20 PM by The original, the one and only, Now_I_Know »