Author Topic: What the fucks POWER PLAY mean?  (Read 219 times)

bez

What the fucks POWER PLAY mean?
« on: January 08, 2004, 09:17:56 AM »
I was watching some Ice Hockey last night and I didnt have a clue what this rule meant.

Oh and I was watching a basketball game the other night and it was fucking dope.  I think it was 2 college teams providence against texas I think and it went to overtime and then with the last shot of the game this black dude put the ball in the net but just as he released the ball the red light on the backboard went.  The ref ended up giving it but what a fucking dope game that was.

elneckio

Re:What the fucks POWER PLAY mean?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 09:24:17 AM »
I taped that game, can't wait to watch it now  :)
"just do what he says.. i find to my expense he's always right." ... Overseer 24/04/02

ecrazy

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 10:03:36 AM »
I was watching some Ice Hockey last night and I didnt have a clue what this rule meant.

Oh and I was watching a basketball game the other night and it was fucking dope.  I think it was 2 college teams providence against texas I think and it went to overtime and then with the last shot of the game this black dude put the ball in the net but just as he released the ball the red light on the backboard went.  The ref ended up giving it but what a fucking dope game that was.

A Power Play Is A one man advantage that the other team has...usually for 2min, after a player commits a penalty...he sits in the penalty box during the power play and when the 2mins are up, the team returns to Full Strength and continues as normal

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2004, 10:07:03 AM »
It can be more than a one man advantage. However, the minimum of players a team always has on ice is 3 plus the goalie. So, if a team has two or more guys in the penalty box and the opposing team has no penalties AND have pulled their goalie away to gain an extra player, there can even be a three man advantage.

But basically when a team has more players on ice than the opposing team, the team with more players is on power play.

What game were you watching though?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2004, 10:13:35 AM by T-Dizzog »

Suga Foot

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 10:14:26 PM »
this black dude put the ball in the

lol

·SiNiStEr·

• Tex
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • is this mic on?
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2004, 02:19:43 PM »
..put the ball in the net..

lol bez, you and your diction
:..WCC Cup Champion.. 
:..WCC Heavyweight Champion..           

Battle Record :    24-6

thats how we do..
.:-ELITE-:.    M-Dogg.. Rodzilla.. SiNiStEr.. VitoDeLuca.. Mack..  .:-ELITE-:. she wanted me to bust in her eye so she could watch my children..Fabolous

Primo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I just want to fit in!
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2004, 12:38:02 PM »
my boy plays for providence

Don Breezio

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2004, 12:40:25 PM »
my boy plays for providence

maybe he put the ball in the net...was he black  ;D

Primo