Author Topic: Next West Coast Artist To Blow Up Is...  (Read 1745 times)

BL7

Re:Next West Coast Artist To Blow Up Is...
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2004, 05:36:10 PM »
The Game probably. What's sad, is that this nigga doesn't even sound West Coast. So people still won't be checking for our shit, whether he blows up or not.

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2004, 12:21:22 AM »
I think The Game's a rather average MC, nothing wack, but IMO he kinda lackas a unique style that most rappers who really blew up in the past had. But since he's with Dre he prolly does have a chance of blowin up, but he might as well end up like Knoc, Hittman or Truth Hurts. Still he's most likely to blow up, especially if Dre ain't gonna neglect him

Roscoe'd definitely need better promotion, but he'd have potential, he got a dope west coast style flow, he ain't too ruff and he could definitely make a good radio-friendly hit, I always thought a song like "It's That Time Again" could get some serious airplay if it got promoted well

Knoc had his chance, I don't think he's really gonna blow up anymore, I hoped he would like 2 years ago, but in '04...naw

Sly Boogie might get a chance too, but I'm not sure bout that

But even if one of them blew up I don't think west coast rap would really blow up. The most successful artists to ride with Dre since he founded Aftermath, Em and 50, ain't even from the west. The days the west was on top are over and I don't think one artist blowin up will get us a real revival even tho it'd improve the situation. I don't see the west on top of things in the next few years
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 12:23:19 AM by Kill »

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2004, 12:25:54 AM »
i think Kurupt could blow up with his next release if the production is dope and if hes bringin the dope lyrics again then yea i think he will the net to blow up at least go 1x platinum...
yep ....and knocturnal, tha game

Lil Jay

• Solution Of Prostitution
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »
I think The Game's a rather average MC, nothing wack, but IMO he kinda lackas a unique style that most rappers who really blew up in the past had. But since he's with Dre he prolly does have a chance of blowin up

yep, but its kinda sad if he's blowing up because of his ties and not his skills.... or people gonna see his face on tv all day long and they will end up liking him... and even if an artist blows up, its gonna help him, not the whole coast. that doesnt change the situation cause it takes more than 1 or 2 rappers. and they should be able to do that on their own anyway, with help from their labels, not dr dre or snoop dogg
« Last Edit: January 15, 2004, 12:40:04 AM by Crooked J »
www.dubcnn.com - west coast news network  |  www.westcoast2k.net - independent west coast hip hop network

S.L.A.B.

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2004, 12:42:50 AM »
im thininking Knoc can make it

mauzip

« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2004, 01:53:54 AM »
Personally I hope N.U.N.E. or AtWill blow up, but I don't know. I haven't seen any new rapper from the West blow up in the last couple of years.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2004, 02:14:52 AM »
Knoc
The Game
(And hopefully IV Life)

goldeneyeoutlaw

• 'G'
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2004, 06:27:56 AM »
I think "Game", "Knoc" and "E-White" have good chances of blowing up.

Also, don't forget about "Daz". From all the things I'm hearing about Daz's new album on So So Def, he's gonna have the production (Daz and JD), the guest appearances and promotion to do big thangs.
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
Borysenko, Joan

michael jackson

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FUC BEIN THE KING IM THE BOSS OF THE WEB/EAZYE KIP
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2004, 06:32:31 AM »
Too Cool, Young bucc, crisstyle ,Jay Dog ,MAFIA IV LIFE !!!!!! yall gonn cee tha new breed sometime soon, these niggass iss ill and they waiting till tha right moment
my haterz only mad cuz they bitch wanna toss her salad everytime she c'z me
adidas aka young roccs (all day i diss all slobz)
clattttttttttttttt clattttttttttttttttttttttt

goldeneyeoutlaw

• 'G'
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2004, 06:48:18 AM »
213 should blow up as well
"The question is not whether we will die, but how we will live."
Borysenko, Joan

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2004, 07:24:04 AM »
I think The Game's a rather average MC, nothing wack, but IMO he kinda lackas a unique style that most rappers who really blew up in the past had. But since he's with Dre he prolly does have a chance of blowin up

yep, but its kinda sad if he's blowing up because of his ties and not his skills.... or people gonna see his face on tv all day long and they will end up liking him... and even if an artist blows up, its gonna help him, not the whole coast. that doesnt change the situation cause it takes more than 1 or 2 rappers. and they should be able to do that on their own anyway, with help from their labels, not dr dre or snoop dogg

Jus what I'm sayin. I'm coo with The Game blowin up if he does, but he definitely ain't the artist who deserves to most. But bein realistic ties are hella important. Outta the MC's who are at least a bit likely to get sum fame I'd like to see Roscoe most...he's a typical west coast MC and surely one of the better ones

SikksTrey

« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2004, 08:07:58 AM »
What about all them other up and comin artists like Dr. Stank, Sixx John, 40-Glocc, Ecay Uno, Jacka, Scipio etc....
"When I fart you fall apart, a nigga got GAZ!" - Hi-C

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2004, 08:08:18 AM »
Realistically thinking, I think there's just two guys from the west who could blow up: Knoc & The Game. Knoc has a smaller chance, but he already has his foot in the door. His name already got some exposure in the mainstream with The Knoc video. Of course his chance would've been much bigger if he had released an album when he was originally planning to.

The Game's got the better chances of the two. He may not be the best to come out for a while, but he sure has talent. What makes his chances better though is the fact that he's on a major major major label. Of course having Dre tutoring you and producing for you doesn't hurt either. But the fact that he's on a major mainstream label is the biggest thing. Many other cats sure got the quality, but as long as the labels ain't listening they're not gonna blow up.

Crooked I could blow up too if he could secure a deal from another label than Death Row. I think it's safe to say his record ain't ever coming out on that label.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #28 on: January 15, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »
e white aint never gon blow up, i doubt homie could handle a whole album..........what he gon talk about?

game should sell if he coems out..........what about spitfiya from compton? niggaz makin niose

Nima - Dubcnn.com

« Reply #29 on: January 15, 2004, 01:37:49 PM »
moss maja has a good chance, ull soon see why.