Author Topic: Good PS2 Role-playing games  (Read 340 times)

Trauma-san

Good PS2 Role-playing games
« on: January 27, 2004, 03:45:33 PM »
I just got a PS2 not too long ago, and I'm playing the hell out of Final Fantasy X... does anybody have any suggestions for other good rpg's for the PS2?  Even for the PS1, since I can play it on that.  I'm planning on getting FFX-2 next and checking it out, but this game heah is pretty damn good, I think.  Anybody else have any other suggestions ofgood ones? I was thinking about getting Dark Cloud but it looks kind of gay.  

bez

Re:Good PS2 Role-playing games
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2004, 03:53:14 PM »
Final Fantasy 7 and 8
Max Payne

smerlus

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2004, 03:56:39 PM »
I just got a PS2 not too long ago, and I'm playing the hell out of Final Fantasy X... does anybody have any suggestions for other good rpg's for the PS2?  Even for the PS1, since I can play it on that.  I'm planning on getting FFX-2 next and checking it out, but this game heah is pretty damn good, I think.  Anybody else have any other suggestions ofgood ones? I was thinking about getting Dark Cloud but it looks kind of gay.  

for ps1 you should get final fantasy 7. final fantasy tactics....castlevania symphony of the night is more action but it does have alot of rpg elements. i also enjoyed ogre battle for ps1 but you should check that one out first...dark cloud 2 is good, the first one was too monotonous....other than the final fantasy series, i can't think of too many rpg's on the PS2...lately i've just been buying computer ones

Th3 An$w3r

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2004, 04:02:08 PM »
if you can find max payne 2 or dead to rights they are good games
You aint a killer you a pussy/
That ecstacy done got you all emotional and mushy/
Penetentiaries is packed with promise makers/
Never realize the precious time these bitch niggaz is wastin/
Institutionalized my bitchz bring me product by the bundles/
Not so hard for em to sell G Unit mother fucker, We ballin/

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2004, 04:02:41 PM »
^Yeah, I guess I could work through all of the Final Fantasys, I've only beaten the original one.  I was just wondering if there were any other franchises that are pretty good, but it's becoming more obvious that Square Soft owns shit.  I can't wait for them to beef up production on the Dragon Warrior series, I enjoyed it more.  If your overseas I think it was called DragonQuest.  They recently bought the company that made that.

I DID play "Kessen" I don't know if you've heard of it, but you play a japanese warrior who commands an army to take control of Japan, pretty good.  I've got Kessen 2, but haven't played it yet.  Are the Romance of the three kingdoms or Dynasty Warrior series any good?  

Trauma-san

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2004, 04:03:21 PM »
if you can find max payne 2 or dead to rights they are good games

Those seem more like first-person shooters, I kind of like the fantasy ones where you run around with a group of people blowing shit up and stabbing people.  

smerlus

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2004, 04:07:15 PM »
^Yeah, I guess I could work through all of the Final Fantasys, I've only beaten the original one.  I was just wondering if there were any other franchises that are pretty good, but it's becoming more obvious that Square Soft owns shit.  I can't wait for them to beef up production on the Dragon Warrior series, I enjoyed it more.  If your overseas I think it was called DragonQuest.  They recently bought the company that made that.

I DID play "Kessen" I don't know if you've heard of it, but you play a japanese warrior who commands an army to take control of Japan, pretty good.  I've got Kessen 2, but haven't played it yet.  Are the Romance of the three kingdoms or Dynasty Warrior series any good?  

oh shit i forgot about dynasty warriors...those games are great plus with multiplayer, they're really fun (draw distance isn't to far on splitscreen and it seems like enemies appear out of no where) but yeah dynasty warriors 3 (that new one) and 4 are worth getting

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2004, 04:16:06 PM »
Cool! I'll check those out.  Are they similar to Final Fantasy? I like the japanese theme...

smerlus

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2004, 04:30:59 PM »
Cool! I'll check those out.  Are they similar to Final Fantasy? I like the japanese theme...

ummm no, they're more like.....double dragon with rpg elements.....you see a cinematic, the level starts and you run around and slash people up and get experience...you might find weapons or armor on generals or squad leaders. you complete the level objective and your character levels up automatically....there's not really that many story changing elements in it though.

they do give you a mostly non fictional look at japanese history depending on what army you pick

i prefer more western rpg's like morrowind and neverwinter nights....rpgs where you can kill anyone if you don't like the way they look

« Last Edit: January 27, 2004, 04:32:35 PM by smerlus »

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2004, 05:11:22 AM »
Get Socom II ;)

smerlus

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2004, 06:10:15 AM »
Get Socom II ;)

yeah get that game if you want the most realistic graphics, sounds and strategies but the people online can take 5 shots from a shotgun to the face....

i've seen people run over mines and still take about 6 shots to kill...socom 2 is garbage

Bramsterdam (see ya)

• UG HipHop Head
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2004, 02:23:54 PM »
thats why you zoom in for 1 shot kill headshots haha

smerlus

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2004, 03:02:20 PM »
the bastard still ran over a land mine. there shouldn't be anything to zoom in on

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2004, 03:41:12 PM »
get Kingdom Hearts!!! a must best shit ever for 20 bucks cause its a greatest hits you cant go wrong

Trauma-san

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2004, 06:45:14 PM »
^I've seen that, I was wondering if it was any good.