Author Topic: With a Kanye produced single, will Crooked I blow up?  (Read 531 times)

Cordy

• 'G'
With a Kanye produced single, will Crooked I blow up?
« on: March 22, 2004, 09:29:43 AM »
Crooked I upcoming album with the 1st single produced by Kanye West featuring a hook by Kelis.

Would this be enough to get Radio Success and put Crooked/Cali back on the map.

P.S. this is a rumor btw.

West C. Connected

Re:With a Kanye produced single, will Crooked I blow up?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 09:44:58 AM »
Depends.
If it's like Slow Jamz it might work, though Jin's new single is like that too.

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2004, 10:22:12 AM »
How can a track produced by Kanye and featuring Kelis put the westcoast on the map?

Rumour or not, if you think this would make the West the next big thing then you obviously have no idea.

Don Seer

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2004, 10:25:05 AM »
why does a westcoast artist need westcoast production to blow?

if anything, this will go for him.. then he's in a position to try help..

PLANT

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2004, 10:35:11 AM »
I dont know if he would blow up, but he would definalty be getting noticed, and Crooked I produced by Kanye West would be a sick joint  8)

And BTW, that Dilated People's ft. Kanye West is a very dope track, but in no way are Dialated Peoples "Blowing Up", nor is the song.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2004, 10:37:44 AM by Represent. »

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2004, 10:46:33 AM »
Why would somebody want a westcoast artist to blow up with a Kanye West produced track with a hook sung by Kelis betraying all westcoast sound that they seem to be representing?

Well oh yeah, a eastcoast dick rider.

Crookio

• Lil Geezy
  • CROOKED ICON
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2004, 10:55:16 AM »
Crooked I is a talent and a lyricist. There are rappers who DEPENDS on the beats, and rappers who can rap without a beets and still make a dope song. See Canibus, he has an half acappella track, and it's banging! See Crooked I! A lot of his freestyles you can change 300 beats in the background, it will always be a tight song. That's what i mean. But damn, i dont give a fuck about blowing up. He's indipendent now. He has to do what he needs to do to make hot shit. He doesnt have to make song "to sell them" or "to go to MTV". He has to make the best out of himself. And if the best is to use a Kayne West track feat. Kelis, then why not. But that's not necessary the way.
CHECK MY CROOKED I COLLECTION!
MSN: crookio@hotmail.com - AIM: crookio

ACGRUNDY

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2004, 12:10:08 PM »
Truth Hurts was backed by dr. dre, had multiple songs produced by dre, and even Quik.  She flopped horribly.  Now Truth ain't nothin near crook, but the point I am trying to make is, it don't matter who you have producing, it matters who you have promoting.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2004, 12:58:42 PM »
Kanye gave big singles to both Twista and Dilated Peoples so who knows? I don't know about Kelis though. Ain't a fan of hers at all.

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2004, 01:20:56 PM »
For one, anybody sayin east coast dickriders wil like this got it twisted....Kanye isn't even from the east coast, even though u can say his style sounds east.

I am actually for this one. Quik is my favorite producer, and Crooked is probably one of my favorite rappers, but their style might not really mix. I don't even worry about Dre doin a beat for him. He's rapped over Fred Wreck and everybody else's beats. Kanye is the hottest producer in the game right now. WHY THE FUCK NOT??? Personally, I'd rather hear Crooked over Kanye than Game over Dre. Kanye is different from The Neptunes and Lil Jon, who right now it seems like everybody goes to tryin to make a hit. So I am actually for this.

West C. Connected

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2004, 01:48:17 PM »
Truth Hurts was backed by dr. dre, had multiple songs produced by dre, and even Quik.  She flopped horribly.  Now Truth ain't nothin near crook, but the point I am trying to make is, it don't matter who you have producing, it matters who you have promoting.

It did flop, but it flopped about as badly as Joe Buddens.
Even though the sales sucked, they did get there name out and had atleast one hit.

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2004, 01:53:53 PM »
WHAT MAKES AN ARTIST WESTCOAST?

Lets see how "Westcoast" his album (if ever) sounds.

Snoop gets hate for jumping on different tracks/beats but for Crooked I and the Game and all those other half artists its allowed?

KoDy

DrMumbleWeed

• Lil Geezy
  • 'I'm versatile jus like a spork'
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2004, 02:10:52 PM »
i can't wait to hear this track (if this rumor is true...crossing my fingers). i think this is a good move for crook, cause kanye has been putting in some work on the boards, seems like he has been making singles for everyone: alicia keys, twista, dilated, jin, janet, the list goes on and on. and for all you hatin on crook for getting help from east coast cats, why not you need a crossover hit to get some exposure and radio play in places like NY.
'I don't know what better getttin laid or gettin paid, i just know when i'm gettin one the others getting away' -kanye west

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2004, 02:22:06 PM »
WHAT MAKES AN ARTIST WESTCOAST?

Lets see how "Westcoast" his album (if ever) sounds.

Snoop gets hate for jumping on different tracks/beats but for Crooked I and the Game and all those other half artists its allowed?

KoDy

Are Ras Kass, Dilated Peoples, Jurassic 5, Souls of Mischief etc not westcoast then?

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2004, 02:30:20 PM »
Like I said...WHAT MAKES AN ARTIST WESTCOAST?