Author Topic: Atmosphere - Live In Concert Review by 7even  (Read 135 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Atmosphere - Live In Concert Review by 7even
« on: April 13, 2004, 06:45:32 PM »

'Sup fellas.. it's past 3 A.M. in the early morning or in the late night whatever you wanna call it - anyways, I just got home from the Atmosphere Concert .

The regular price would have been like 13 $, but - you know me - I sure didnt have to pay a Cent, since I was put on the Guest-List. MC's have to stick together, I promised Ant that Im gonna put them on the Guest-List too if I ever get to give a Concert in their Hometown.

So far so great, it was said the Band who gets on stage before Atmosphere  in order to heat up the crowd starts at 9:30 P.M. But then, I had to figure out they still arent on stage after 10:30 P.M. I had spend this time at the bar, drinkin somethin. After that, "Promoe" or whatever the Band before Atmosphere was called started their show. It's been pretty cool, I got myself near the stage enjoyin their performance.. but I still couldnt wait to see Atmosphere . After like 40 or 50 minutes it was about time. I moved forward, right in front of the stage.

It was a really great and versatile show by Slug, Lucky & Ant. It of course started with "Trying to find a balance". Luckily, they also played many songs taken from their first 2 LP's, which I digged, since I think "godlovesugly " is by far their best Album.

I have a plain white T-Shirt on which I wrote my Favorite Slug-Line "I live life like the Captain of a sinkin ship "  in my very fancy writing style, and I hold it up right when he was about to spit his line in the beginning of "godlovesugly ". He liked that. But more about that later.

They hardly played one single song through just to start the next, they kinda mixed it - very versatile . They once also played Rage against the machine, while all 3 of them jumped into the crowd.

Once Slug also asked for 5 words to create a freestyle. He was pretty good hehe. Well. Im kinda tired so Im going to stop the ReView, but I could write on I tell ya. Slug also beefed a little with the Sound-Regulators since they fucked up the Sound a little too much in his opinon. Yo and they also motivated a Fuck-George-Bush-Anti-Ovation ;] .

After the show I shook the hands of Lucky, Ant & Slug and told em what Ive thought of their performance. In the end I took my Shirt off, - remember the one which featered my Fav.Slug-Quotation - and let them sign it.

I was a good day.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2004, 06:47:06 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Don Breezio

Re:Atmosphere - Live In Concert Review by 7even
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 07:45:16 PM »
dope...i missed the show the last time they were in seattle...gonna hit em up next time...gonna peep brother ali in september though

Doggystylin

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 09:33:38 PM »
slug is dope, i wanna see him live.

tim

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 12:48:37 AM »
interesting review. sounds like you had a good time. :D

Rudeboy69

• Lil Geezy
  • Master-Debater
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2004, 09:45:03 PM »
yo man, i got to see slug and brother ali for free here in LA at the Hip Hop Show and it was a great show, not as long as the one you were at, but it was a good one..
peace