Author Topic: Friends Finale *Spoilers  (Read 332 times)

pappy

Re:Friends Finale *Spoilers
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2004, 08:29:57 PM »
ive only watched tops 5 episode of the show in my life but i had to watch the finale cuz of all the hoopla.  i liked it.  i like the answering machine scene tho... DID SHE GET OFF THE PLANE... she got off the plane

Trauma-san

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2004, 10:35:46 PM »
Now Joey gets his own show. Friends was a good sit com at best. Seinfeld made that night and made friends. I'm sure Friends wouldn'y have ladted all these years if it wasn't on thursdays all those years with Seinfeld. Frasier got the Seinfeld rub too. Some shows are Larry Birds and others are Mchales and Parrishes.

Please

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2004, 08:28:25 AM »
I just downl**ded it and watched it. It's in half a year or so on our TV so there was no way around doing this.
I havent thought that they stay in NYC basically lol. The show is over cause they leave a apartment, lol...
hm, coo, coo.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2004, 06:19:18 PM »
Now Joey gets his own show. Friends was a good sit com at best. Seinfeld made that night and made friends. I'm sure Friends wouldn'y have ladted all these years if it wasn't on thursdays all those years with Seinfeld. Frasier got the Seinfeld rub too. Some shows are Larry Birds and others are Mchales and Parrishes.

Please

Are you saynig that Friends is better than Seinfeld? I hope not.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2004, 07:13:42 PM »
Even with all the hype Friends only did 50 million viewers.

Seinfeld did 75 million.

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2004, 09:28:47 PM »
^ Well, if you're judging by that, then Bruce Springsteen isn't even on Michael Jackson's radar as far as album sales.... which is it?  Do numbers matter, or not?  

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2004, 02:03:05 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Let me tell you how that makes less sense than you thought it did

1) Record sales and ratings are completely different. The record sales show who will pay for something and how well it is marketed. Jackson's marketing schemes were way more advanced than Bruce's. Jackson's whole thing was selling himself to the public. Bruce merely expressed his feelings through song.

2) If you look at total album sales for there market, (the U.S.A.) Jackson only sold like a few, very few, million more copies.

3) TV is free, and Seinfeld and Friends have had the exact same treatment. The diffence is 25 million less people didn't care enough about Friends as they did Seinfeld. And both are marketed to the same audience, as opposed to springsteen and Jackson who are for completely different types of buyers, listeners.

4) I was initially referring to quality of comedy. Seinfeld is the best pure comedy of all time, every occurance leads to a funny joke, or moment. Friends is good, even great sometimes, but Seinfeld along with a few others, Mash, The Cosby Show, Cheers to an extent, share a certain essence that makes them legendary. In 200 years Seinfeld, Cosby, Mash, All in the Family will all be remembered, Friends will not be.

P.S. Leave Bruce out of this, he's the BOSS. (also I've said before I thought he was better than Jackson, not bigger. Both have very different reasons for existing as artists, Seinfeld and Friends exist for the same reason: To make stupid middle class white people laugh, and Seinfeld does that better.)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2004, 02:14:38 PM »
I like seinfeld too much to care about friends..

i watch the old reruns, but truthfully, i think it got too sappy, i like freinds for some of the humor, and chandler is hillarious, BUT

seinfeld is on a different level. It is pure genious. Each episode is perfectly writen. Each episode is hillarious even after watching it 20 times. This show is the BEST SHOW EVER, no contest.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2004, 02:22:49 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's nice to see some intelligent on the board. Thank you kind sir.

Doggystylin

« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2004, 03:30:48 PM »
just because he agrees with your opinion hes intelligent? no, your ignorant, now its really stupid to argue that friends will not be remembered in 100 or 200 years, lets let time be the judge of that, you like seinfeld better, i don't, so what, your not going to change my view on the situation so just live happily with yours and leave others alone god damnit.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2004, 03:45:23 PM »
100 or 200 years, ok... name me 3 shows from 1900s or even better 1800s....

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2004, 07:10:42 PM »
Response to Global Moderator

You're an idiot. I was being sarcastic. I do think that Seinfeld is funnier, and cannot fathom to understand how any one could think otherwise, but who am I to tell any one what is better when it comes to things completely subjective. The bottom line is that Seinfeld will go down in history as the more significant sit com. If you don't belive me we'll talk in 50 years and I'll prove it.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 07:19:22 PM by Shallow »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2004, 07:16:25 PM »
Response to White Boy

I thought you were on my side, but anyway, I'll name you a whole bunch of shows from a long time ago. You see before TV  they had theatre.

Romeo and Juliet, Macbeth, Hamlet- 1600s

Streetcar Named Desire, Death of a Salesman- 1920s-30s

Oedipus- 300 B.C.

I could name some more if you want.

« Last Edit: May 09, 2004, 07:18:32 PM by Shallow »