Author Topic: Jackson leaves Lakers; Shaq immediately requests trade  (Read 1179 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re:Jackson leaves Lakers; Shaq immediately requests trade
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2004, 04:13:32 PM »
i thought he was gonna stay???

yea, the lakers resigned him...That means he's gunna stay...LOL

Montana00

« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2004, 04:19:31 PM »
i thought you meant resigned as in quit. i dont know if the spelling is the same

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2004, 01:19:40 AM »
kobe will not be leaving the lakers... same web site, different article...
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writers/marty_burns/06/18/lakers.jackson/index.html
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Smoke

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2004, 02:23:07 AM »
My perfect scenario is Tomjanovic as the coach, with B.Shaw assistent.
Kobe as the star of the team, with Payton staying, Malone staying another year, and Shaq traded to Orlando with Indiana involved to get 3 youngs from Indi (McGrady to Indiana, Shaq to Orlando). Like that Lakers will have a pretty good team, young, with a deep bench, a great coach, and no more troubles. It will take 2-3 years to be as dominant as the Shaq-Lakers, but we will have a lot of money to spend, a deep bench, and good youngs.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 02:33:10 AM »
i really don't want shaq leaving........it was hard (shaq being my favorite players since 93") rooting for the lakers and having a favorite player on another team......when shaq came to the lakers i was and have been in cloud 9 since 96'  having shaq on the team.....but if he has to leave so the organization can "rebuild" so be it (FUCK MITCH DICKCHECK!)

we would have an awesome team though with the possible players we would get

Indiana ( Jermaine O'neal, Al harrington, some dude)
New Jersey ( Richard Jefferson, Kenyon Martin, some dude, plus shaq gets to go home to new jersey)
Pheonix ( Matrix, Amare, some dude)

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 12:00:47 PM »
How many good years do you really think shaq has left? I mean, he's obviously past his prime, and he says he wont play for any less than the most amount an NBA player can recieve...Fuck HIM, Kobe didn't do shit...PeACe

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2004, 12:38:51 PM »
they wanted to trade Shaq for Dirk, but Mavs said no way.

Just thought I add some news :)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Montana00

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2004, 12:50:07 PM »
i wouldnt take dirk for shaq.

dirk isnt really that good of a player in my opinion. He plays to much like a maverick if that means anything to you guys. He wouldnt fit in, on the lakers.

He doesnt play defense
He doesnt play like a "normal" poweforward
All he does is take jumpshots.

OpTiCaL

• Cool As Ice Cube
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The DoN MeGa
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2004, 01:39:15 PM »
all i got to say is fuck kobe he is a lil bitch....

What the fuck did Kobe do? You want Shaq? That fat old fuck has 2 good years left, there's no way in hell we can rebuild around Shaq...Rebuild around Kobe...Trade Shaq for Kenyon Martin, Richard Jefferson, and whatever the fuck you can get for him...We don't need Shaq's selfish ass...

agreed

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2004, 01:49:44 PM »
i wouldnt take dirk for shaq.

dirk isnt really that good of a player in my opinion. He plays to much like a maverick if that means anything to you guys. He wouldnt fit in, on the lakers.

He doesnt play defense
He doesnt play like a "normal" poweforward
All he does is take jumpshots.

well you have to consider Dirk is much younger than Shaq.

you say a PF sucks if he's amazingly great at 3-Pointers, Jumpshots & FT's despite his 7'1". Most big men dont take these shots cause they simply cant.

Well but the main issue is that Dirk is much younger.

Effeciency:
4. Shaquille O'Neal (Los Angeles Lakers) 67 24.93
  5. Dirk Nowitzki (Dallas Mavericks) 77 24.17
  6. Tracy McGrady (Orlando Magic) 67 23.75

« Last Edit: June 21, 2004, 02:01:06 PM by 7even the Harbinger »
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

teecee

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2004, 01:54:42 PM »
Nik, with everything that comes out of your mouth, it proves you are a Kobe groupie, not a Lakers fan.  Calling Shaq a fat fuck, and selfish (Uh, more selfish than Kobe?).....some "Lakers" fans baffle me, i mean, they are losing their best player (Shaq), the most unstoppable player in the NBA, and the only Laker who did ANYTHING in the finals.......

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2004, 02:41:13 PM »
Hey, I love Shaq...But the fact that he doesn't wanna play for the Lakers because Phil is leaving is pissing me the fuck off...And even worse, he says he won't play for less than the maximum amount an NBA player can recieve...That is just selfish and arrogant...Shaq is still a great player, but it's definitely impossible to build a team around him, especially since he's way past his prime, and can't even play 2 good games in a row anymore...He's talked mad shit about Mitch Kupchack as well, so I don't see any reason the Lakers should keep his selfish ass...I only want the best for the Lakers; build around Kobe...PeACe

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2004, 05:34:39 PM »
dont get me wrong lakers are my team but fuck kobe seriously....cause if it wasnt for his selfish ass we most likely would still have phil and shaq the most dominant player in the league.....im really dissapointed why not just have a great player like shaq and kobe together until it turns over and becomes kobes team anyway......i hate the business more than anything in this.....but kobe just pissed me off...but im not saying he isnt a great player....i just dont agree with all of it....but everyone has their opinions......i just dont understand how you can have the most dominant center in the league and let him slip away.....sad day tho def cause no matter what that team isnt going to be the same.....but go lakers in 04-05 season...im sure they will be alright....but what if shaq gets traded and comes back to haunt the lakers???

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2004, 05:40:31 PM »
the pistons have proven that a team can win the championship without a big man... getting rid of shaq frees up money for the lakers so that they can afford to have better role players.  think about it... two good players can be better than one great player.  there was talk about a trade for shaq for webber and bibby.  even though i don't like those players all that much, i can actually see them doing big things for the lakers.
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Montana00

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2004, 05:54:28 PM »
the pistons have proven that a team can win the championship without a big man... getting rid of shaq frees up money for the lakers so that they can afford to have better role players.  think about it... two good players can be better than one great player.  there was talk about a trade for shaq for webber and bibby.  even though i don't like those players all that much, i can actually see them doing big things for the lakers.
lol are you retarded?

Ben wallace won back 2 back defensive player of the year titles. He led (or came in second) with blocks. Rasheed wallace imo is currently one of the best power forwards playing the game.

The pistons PROVED you need big men to win the game. They wouldnt have won without the wallaces