Author Topic: Jackson leaves Lakers; Shaq immediately requests trade  (Read 1191 times)

E. J. Rizo

Re:Jackson leaves Lakers; Shaq immediately requests trade
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2004, 06:04:46 PM »
the pistons have proven that a team can win the championship without a big man... getting rid of shaq frees up money for the lakers so that they can afford to have better role players.  think about it... two good players can be better than one great player.  there was talk about a trade for shaq for webber and bibby.  even though i don't like those players all that much, i can actually see them doing big things for the lakers.
lol are you retarded?

Ben wallace won back 2 back defensive player of the year titles. He led (or came in second) with blocks. Rasheed wallace imo is currently one of the best power forwards playing the game.

The pistons PROVED you need big men to win the game. They wouldnt have won without the wallaces
exactly and what the pistons did prove was that playing team basketball is more important than anything....something that kobe still needs to learn.....if you never build confidence in your players around you and give them opportunities you are always going to have a hard time.......see how frustrated kobe was when phil had him passing the ball in the finals cause kobe was having a hard time...granted he was gettin all the attention from the pistons.....so phil had him passing the ball to try to get people involved but you cant be doing that shit just at the end when you cant do anything.....if kobe would learn just that one fact like it took jordan a while to get as well then it would make things so much easier for him......what im saying is that team ball and gettin a win is much more important than anything else

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2004, 09:41:24 PM »
Kobe was trying to play team ball...why do you think he had extremely low points in each first half of the whole playoffs basically.  He always trys to get his teammates hot...but in the fucken finals the lakers couldnt buy a shot...kobe would end up getting the ball with less than 8 seconds left in the shot clock...i dont care who u are but if ur teammates are dropping those shots u cant do much with 8 seconds left in the shotclock.  Shaq with his lil give me the ball shit...they would but he would always settle for those baby hook shots that USED to go in but not anymore.  Phil was gonna leave anyway...if Phil would have won two more rings, he would have left. if he would have won this last one...he wouyld have left.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2004, 03:07:08 AM »
Kobe was trying to play team ball...why do you think he had extremely low points in each first half of the whole playoffs basically.  He always trys to get his teammates hot...but in the fucken finals the lakers couldnt buy a shot...kobe would end up getting the ball with less than 8 seconds left in the shot clock...i dont care who u are but if ur teammates are dropping those shots u cant do much with 8 seconds left in the shotclock.  Shaq with his lil give me the ball shit...they would but he would always settle for those baby hook shots that USED to go in but not anymore.  Phil was gonna leave anyway...if Phil would have won two more rings, he would have left. if he would have won this last one...he wouyld have left.  
i agree except the shaq part

kobe doesn't deserve any disrespect for the loss neither does shaq, the other players and to an extent phil jackson....he was hardly coaching out there, and basically threw in the towl.

i will go on record and say Jordan in his prime wouldn't of saved the lakers either if he was in kobe's or shaq's shoes.

shit hit the fan after we beat the wolves.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2004, 03:07:36 AM by Jake La Motta »

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

dexter

« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2004, 04:31:40 PM »
^^AGREE^^
Kobe HAS WON BEFORE People!
3 Rings!!!!

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2004, 04:39:19 PM »
^^AGREE^^
Kobe HAS WON BEFORE People!
3 Rings!!!!

Fox has won those 3 rings as well. LOL
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2004, 06:04:55 PM »
who was the one that carried the team in game 4 of the 2000 NBA FInals in OT when Shaq fouled out?

who was the one that single handledy destroyed the Spurs in the 2001 PLayoffs?  From what i remember there were a few close games there...who lead the team in the clutch OH YEA KOBE.

who blocked Sabonis' shot in game Four of the 2000 Western Conference Finals? Yup u know it...Kobe. If sabonis would have made that shot series would have been tied.

these are just a few reasons...Kobe earned those 3 rings along with Shaq and Phil.  It wasnt just that Shaq Show.  The trio and the supporters eearned those back to back to back championships.  

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2004, 11:00:08 PM »
yeah i know i wasn't saying that at all

kobe and shaq should stay together, they just need to quit being so egotistacle.....the only thing we need is better role players not a whole uproot and rebuild

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2004, 11:04:29 PM »

i know this is off-topic but i love the girls in this pic... where can i find more pics of 'em?
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2004, 11:15:24 PM »

kobe and shaq should stay together, they just need to quit being so egotistacle.....the only thing we need is better role players not a whole uproot and rebuild

i know what u saying...my post was to the people that say its all shaq u know?

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2004, 11:24:09 PM »

i know this is off-topic but i love the girls in this pic... where can i find more pics of 'em?
i dunno i just got em off google.com lol

E. J. Rizo

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2004, 12:14:08 AM »

i agree

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2004, 12:17:03 AM »

i dunno i just got em off google.com lol
what did ya search for?
<--my future wifey

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2004, 03:29:45 AM »
we can stop that debate about kobe and shaq I think. we all will see what kobe can do without shaq.. and I guess some ppl will be proven wrong...

anyways.. does kobe stay with the lakers now that shaq leaves? aaaand.. what's the deal with malone playing he 20th season anyway lol? it's like he's in his midlife-crisis lol
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2004, 09:25:57 PM »
there was talk about kobe going to the spurs... imagine kobe and duncan with his squad vs. shaq and the rest of the mavs.  i think everybody and their mamas would be watching that game.  next season is going to be very exciting especially since no team is really a favorite to win right now.  i can hardly wait.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2004, 09:26:41 PM by -VZA- »
<--my future wifey

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2004, 10:46:38 PM »
Spurs vs Pistons 2005 NBA Finals