Author Topic: Are Mixtapes Worth Getting?  (Read 226 times)

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
Are Mixtapes Worth Getting?
« on: July 26, 2004, 10:10:58 AM »
Are Mixtapes worth getting?

I'm from the suburbs of NY and around me you cant find any mixtapes unless you go into the city or order them on the internet. i have never heard any full mixtapes and i dont own any. So are they worth getting?  What are some of the best around these days? help me out please. thanks a lot.

peace.
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

Que (signing off)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Im out for the summer. See you all in the winter!
Re: Are Mixtapes Worth Getting?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2004, 10:32:16 AM »
What's up Storm. . .

I would say it depends on the mixtape, a lot of them contain just fake remixes and blends, but some are good. www.mixtapekings.com is a good one.

http://www.audiohosting.org
incredible audio hosting deal and offers for mp3/wma/mpeg/etc. hosting for unsigned artists and record companies.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 12:20:48 PM »
A lot of people don't like mixtapes, but personally I cop 'em. It's a chance to hear your favorite rappers spit over the hottest beats at that time. And it's not like they a grip either. Usually you can get 'em anywhere from 5-10 bucks. Not only that but mixtapes are ripped a grip so it's easy to find 'em online for free. Like Que said www.mixtapekingz.com is a good site. Also mixtapesone, mixtapeallstars, and sandboxautomatic. If you're a Crooked I fan I suggest you go to his Westcoast Dynasty site and d/l his Young Boss Mixtape. Best mixtape I've ever heard.

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 02:54:38 PM »
Diplomats mixtapes are definitely worth gettin

alot of those g unit radio ones are good too

im bumpin that jim jones sippin on sizzurp vol. 1 right now, crazy mixtape
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

hector

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2004, 03:16:04 PM »
there are definately some cool mixtapes out there.  the iv life ones are dope, the crooked I one, techniec's are cool, damizza's are cool, strong arm steady's, and more.  I personally don't buy any though because I can just download them for free.  So to answer your question:   yes there are good mixtapes out, and no you shouldn't buy them because you can download them for free.  Unless you actually feel like you are doing something good by supporting the artist.  which is cool, but I gotta support myself before I'm supporting anyone I've never even met before.

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2004, 05:37:09 PM »
They're good when you don't have some wack ass DJ screaming all over the track

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2004, 06:00:25 PM »
thanks for the info, but where can you download them for free? i cant get mirc to work for me.

peace.
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2004, 06:31:13 PM »
Well, I'd say that they may be worth getting, but most of them have very low replay value. Mixtapes are the type of CDs that you play a lot for a few days or weeks then when a new one comes out, you may save 2-3 songs and still keep em in your rotation but overall you'll never listen to the mixtape again. I'd rather just download those few songs off the net than buy the whole mixtape, unless it really is somethin serious.

Jome

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2004, 09:18:55 PM »
thanks for the info, but where can you download them for free? i cant get mirc to work for me.

peace.

If you don't have time to find out of mIRC, try your local bootlegger or swap meet..
I wouldn't recommend buying mixtapes though, 95% got DJ's screaming over the track, it's usually not near CD-Q and some times only snippets..
mIRC may take 30 mins to 1 hour of sorting out, but soon you'll be downloading every mixtape you want with a single click.

The only mixtapes really worth paying for, is the official "album mixtape" hybrid, like Saigon's "Warning shots" or M.O.P.'s "Marxmen cinema", Baby Ree's mixtapes and CNN's latest mixtape, with all CD-Q tracks, and almost without DJ's screaming over the tracks..

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2004, 09:38:08 PM »
Don't forget DJ Muggs' mixtapes. Basically they albums.

Jome

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2004, 10:20:34 PM »
Don't forget DJ Muggs' mixtapes. Basically they albums.

they used to, but now he got all these bitches whispering and moaning "Muggs" (10x echo) on there..  :-X
"Youuuu're listennniiiinnn to the Soul Assassins (sins sin sins sins sins sins sins).. annoying as fuck..

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 11:51:14 PM »
It really depends on the mixtape.  I don't waste my time with most of the shit, and if there happens to be one good song from one of my favorite artists on a mixtape, I'll download that track seperately.

Doggystylin

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 12:48:41 AM »
there are definately some cool mixtapes out there.  the iv life ones are dope, the crooked I one, techniec's are cool, damizza's are cool, strong arm steady's, and more.  I personally don't buy any though because I can just download them for free.  So to answer your question:   yes there are good mixtapes out, and no you shouldn't buy them because you can download them for free.  Unless you actually feel like you are doing something good by supporting the artist.  which is cool, but I gotta support myself before I'm supporting anyone I've never even met before.

TECHNIEC? what mixtapes has he done, and where can iget em

hector

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2004, 10:16:32 AM »
techniec has the dynamic mixtapes.  He has at least 4 of them.  I have 2 of them.  I'm not sure where you can buy them, I d/l the ones I have.

Code Blue

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2004, 02:19:54 PM »
The Dynamic Certified currently have 3 mixtapes out, which I'm sure you can d/l over at WCRydaz. The 4th one should be released soon and will be available to order thru WCRydaz as well. I have volume 3 and it's just aight. The rest of the DC are coo', but are definitely outshined by Techniec.