Author Topic: Clippers decide to let Richardson go, Kerry In  (Read 396 times)

2paclbc

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • LBC
Clippers decide to let Richardson go, Kerry In
« on: July 29, 2004, 02:01:50 PM »
Quentin Richardson is out, and Kerry Kittles is in for the Clippers.

The Clippers have renounced their rights to Richardson, declining to match the Phoenix Suns' six-year, $42.6 million offer sheet.

Richardson had been expected to stay with the Clippers, so the move is somewhat of a surprise.

"We're pretty ecstatic," Suns general manager Brian Colangelo told ESPN Insider's Chad Ford. "I think he's going to be a fantastic addition to our team."

The Clippers aren't standing pat, however. They have acquired veteran swingman Kittles and cash from the Nets for a future second-round pick.

The Clippers have been maintaining for a week that they would likely match the offer for Richardson. However, a number of trade scenarios have popped up over the past few days that convinced the Clippers not to match in an effort to preserve their cap space for a deal down the road.

Kittles, who makes $10.3 million this season, is in the last year of his contract. With Kittles and Marko Jaric coming off the books next summer, the Clippers would have max cap room to play with again next year.

Richardson's contract, which stipulates that 70 percent of his first-year salary has to be paid to him on Aug. 15, also proved to be problematic. The contract also includes a 15 percent trade kicker.

The trade takes the Nets out of the salary cap threshold this year, slashing payroll to around $47 million for next season.

ESPN.com

THE CLIPPERS YET ONCE AGAIN LET ANOTHER GREAT PLAYER GO.  >:(

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Clippers decide to let Richardson go, Kerry In
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 02:09:11 PM »
Kerry Kittles is a great player, and I like that addition a lot...Hopefully they get some more players before the season starts...I'm really hoping they make the playoffs this year...PeACe

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 02:16:48 PM »
PG Shaun Livingston
SG Kerry Kittles
SF Corey Magette
PF Elton Brand
C Chris Kaman

Looks like a pretty good team to me...

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2004, 03:46:14 PM »
well this is the reason the clippers are the clippers...kittles is a big underachiever...at least he's in the last year of his contract and can dump him after this season when they see how he performs...they shouldve matched for richardson...whos young and upcoming

KING VerbalAssaulta

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 03:46:51 PM »
PG Shaun Livingston
SG Kerry Kittles
SF Corey Magette
PF Elton Brand
C Chris Kaman

yeah a good team to send you back to the lottery

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 03:58:53 PM »
The starting 5 looks better than last year...First off, Shaun Livingston is a future star, and I expect him to have a decent to good first year as starting point guard for the Clippers...That's an improvement from last year at the PG position...Then we got Kerry Kittles at shooting guard, who I prefer over Quentin Richardson, because he is quicker and has a much better shot...Corey Magette (at small forward) hasn't reached his prime yet, and is still improving every year...I expect him to have an all-star season...Elton Brand is one of the best and most underrated power forwards in the league, and is going to have a much better season than last years "injury" season...Chris Kaman was one of the top rookies last year, and anyone with common sense knows that he will come back a better and more mature player this year...Mike Dunlevy is a good coach as well, so I wouldn't be surprised if the Clippers made a playoff run this year...Hopefully they can merge their talent, and finally become good as a team...PeACe

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 04:19:26 PM »
kittles is gangsta

2paclbc

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • LBC
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 07:44:48 PM »
PG Shaun Livingston
SG Kerry Kittles
SF Corey Magette
PF Elton Brand
C Chris Kaman

THATS TRUE, BUT I HOPE THEY PROOF TO EVERYBODY THAT THEY COULD BE IN THE PLAYOFFS.

RXL

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 07:45:43 PM »
Better than before, but still not good enough.

pappy

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 08:06:34 PM »
Kerry Kittles is a great player, and I like that addition a lot...Hopefully they get some more players before the season starts...I'm really hoping they make the playoffs this year...PeACe
kittles isnt a great player get the fuck outta here.  Hes an above average baller who is an huge underacheiver.  especially for what the nets were paying.  The nets have been trying to dump for the past two years.  and this isnt some bull shit i make up.  During b-ball season him along with the knicks allan houston have always been ripped by sports radio shows an fans that call up.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 11:54:16 PM »
kittles isnt a great player get the fuck outta here.  Hes an above average baller who is an huge underacheiver.  especially for what the nets were paying.  The nets have been trying to dump for the past two years.  and this isnt some bull shit i make up.  During b-ball season him along with the knicks allan houston have always been ripped by sports radio shows an fans that call up.

Well, he's not a great player in that sort of way, but he is a good player, and I think his game really fits into the Clippers style of basketball...He just couldn't shine on the Nets with all the stars they already had...He was simply being overshadowed...Put him on the Clippers, and he could be a star himself...PeACe

Smoke

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2004, 02:41:54 AM »
Obviously Richardson is better than Kittles. I dont know the full story (salary cap space, etc..) and i'm not interested, but Clippers aint improved, that's for sure. Suns are, with Nash and Richardson. I'm sorry for the Clippers. I mean they always have some salary cap space, they play in L.A., they have young talents.. but they cant make the last step to be competitive.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2004, 02:57:58 AM »
^^Kittles is quicker, has a better shot, and plays better defense...He just didn't get his chance to shine with all the stars in New Jersey...Quentin Richardson woulda' been a bench reserve on the Nets...PeACe

ecrazy

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2004, 02:59:11 AM »
PG Shaun Livingston
SG Kerry Kittles
SF Corey Magette
PF Elton Brand
C Chris Kaman

Only Problem Is Kaman - He Still Needs a couple of years to get better, hopefully the clippers do get this trade thru

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2004, 03:01:24 AM »
PG Shaun Livingston
SG Kerry Kittles
SF Corey Magette
PF Elton Brand
C Chris Kaman

Only Problem Is Kaman - He Still Needs a couple of years to get better, hopefully the clippers do get this trade thru

I like Kaman...What trade are you talking about?