Author Topic: Chappelle Signs for 2 More Seasons  (Read 451 times)

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Chappelle Signs for 2 More Seasons
« on: August 02, 2004, 06:17:53 PM »
NEW YORK, August 2, 2004 -- COMEDY CENTRAL has reached an agreement with Dave Chappelle to extend the contract of the star of the critically-acclaimed "Chappelle's Show," it was announced today by Doug Herzog, president, COMEDY CENTRAL.

The Emmy-nominated "Chappelle's Show" will return to COMEDY CENTRAL for a third and fourth season (13 episodes each), after Dave Chappelle inked a new two-year deal with COMEDY CENTRAL, extending the show through 2006. Chappelle will continue in his current capacity as star, co-creator, writer and executive producer of the series, along with Neal Brennan returning as co-creator, writer and executive producer. The pact also includes a deal for Chappelle to develop new programming ideas for COMEDY CENTRAL.

"Re-signing Dave Chappelle was a top priority and I am just so pleased that we were able to reach an agreement," said Lauren Corrao, COMEDY CENTRAL's senior vice president of original programming & head of development. "COMEDY CENTRAL is the rightful home for 'Chappelle's Show' and Dave's unique and provocative brand of humor and we look forward to several more years of success with Dave and his talented team of producers and performers."

"The success of the show has been phenomenal and overwhelming," said Dave Chappelle. "I'm looking forward to coming back to COMEDY CENTRAL for a big finish and now I'm actually rich, bitch!"

The new season of "Chappelle's Show" is scheduled to begin first quarter 2005 with Chappelle continuing his unique comedic approach combined with a hip-hop sensibility. Chappelle's point-of-view on the world provides a hilarious, defiant and sometimes dangerous look at American culture, including music, movies, television, advertising, current events and everyday life situations.

"Chappelle's Show" won nothing but accolades and impressive ratings when it first premiered on the network, garnering high ratings from the beginning. In its just concluded second season, the hilariously provocative show experienced a huge week-to-week increase by registering a 2.2 HH rating (2.5 million viewers) and averages 3.1 million total viewers in its Wednesday main play. "Chappelle's Show" was the number one cable show in its timeslot among total viewers and adults 18-49 and was the number one show in its slot in all of television among young men, 18-34. The audience for the series was dominated by P18-49 with 75% of the total audience falling into this demographic.

"Chappelle's Show" was recently nominated for three Emmy Awards in the categories of Outstanding Variety, Music or Comedy Series, Outstanding Directing For A Variety, Music or Comedy Program and Outstanding Individual Achievement In Writing In A Variety Or Music Program.

First season "Chappelle's Show" DVD sales are closing in on 2 million units, making it the most successful television DVD release of 2004 and the third best TV DVD seller of all time.

COMEDY CENTRAL, the only all-comedy network, currently is seen in more than 85 million homes nationwide. COMEDY CENTRAL is owned by Comedy Partners, a wholly-owned division of MTV Networks. COMEDY CENTRAL is a registered trademark of Comedy Partners. COMEDY CENTRAL's Internet address is http://www.comedycentral.com.

got this off another board. this shit better be legit.  :) good news if so.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2004, 06:21:59 PM by A-Trak »

DAYUM

Re: Chappelle Signs for 2 More Seasons
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 06:19:12 PM »
 8)

davida.b.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2004, 06:25:54 PM »
Its legit alright. Ballerstatus.net just confirmed it. You have to be an idiot if you aren't happy about this.

A-Trak

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2004, 06:26:49 PM »
Its legit alright. Ballerstatus.net just confirmed it. You have to be an idiot if you aren't happy about this.

thanks for confirming. can't wait for his new material.

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2004, 08:09:38 PM »
when does season two come out on dvd?

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

Storm

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2004, 08:29:55 PM »
the show is overrated. im sorry, some of it is hilarious, but some of it really isnt that good.  his humor is gonna get old.  his standup is classic though.

peace.
If tha bitch can't swim, then shes bound to drizzound!

Machiavelli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2004, 10:04:59 PM »
the show is overrated. im sorry, some of it is hilarious, but some of it really isnt that good.  his humor is gonna get old.  his standup is classic though.

peace.

Sikotic™

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2004, 10:45:57 PM »
This is the greatest news ever. I'm not expecting him to top season too because season 2 was unfuckwidable.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

LAZY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2004, 12:22:25 AM »
this is tite.. season 1 & 2 are classic, iv watched season 1 more than 8 times all 2gether, i cant wait 4 season 2 to come out

Rain

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2004, 03:21:38 AM »
great news
"We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction"
- Faithless - Mass Destruction

"It's better to help people than garden gnomes."
- Amelie (2001)

"The only thing we have to fear is fear itself."
- Franklin Roosevelt

"Power to the people, not the governments."
- Chuck D

"The possibility of physical and mental breakdown is now very real. No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind. Buy the ticket, take the ride."
- Raoul Duke

On The Edge of Insanity

« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2004, 12:56:44 PM »
when does season two come out on dvd?

Word, I need that ish now, haven't seen any of the second series, cause the show doesn't broadcast in the UK at all.

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2004, 03:01:05 PM »
*lil john voice*  YEAH!!   ;D
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2004, 10:29:11 PM »
I'm hoping Season 2 hits DVD soon, I've seen the "main" sketches like Rick James, Lil Jon, Prince, Wayne Brady etc... but need to see the full episodes.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

.:TimeLock:.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Da Time Keepa!
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2004, 06:02:13 PM »
I'm hoping Season 2 hits DVD soon, I've seen the "main" sketches like Rick James, Lil Jon, Prince, Wayne Brady etc... but need to see the full episodes.

has it yet?

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2004, 08:50:36 AM »
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey