Author Topic: I'm back in LA.....Black Wall Street & Game news  (Read 526 times)

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
I'm back in LA.....Black Wall Street & Game news
« on: September 15, 2004, 12:10:44 PM »
I saw that the hurricane was comin towards Florida, and even though it isn't comin directly toward the city I am in (Tallahassee) I said fuggit, and got my dad to send me back to L.A. until Sunday.\

Yesterday, I was over at the Black Wall Street headquarters, and Game, Fase, Phat Rat, and Life were there. I am definitely gonna keep my mouth closed because I heard some things I was real suprised at. I will say that Game is definitely pissed about havin to come out within two weeks of Eminem. I donno who he was talkin to on the phone, but he definitely didn't sound happy.

Otherwise, Life came back from school and was talkin about how everybody at his school knows about the movement and everybody was on his side and supports him. He's at the same school that damn near every other Compton Blood/Affiliated rapper went to, like Quik 2nd II None etc. etc.

They said that the Dre joint "Higher" is still bein mixed right now, and they aren't filming the video this week like they had planned to because they don't even know which song they are gonna film the video for. The album is complete and Dre is just mixing it all right now.

I will probably go over there one or two more times before I leave and go back to school. Hit me up on AIM at RTistic310 if you got any other questions.

Woodrow

Re: I'm back in LA.....Black Wall Street & Game news
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 12:21:03 PM »
Thanks for the heads up...

Thats fucking WACKKKKK about the eminem thing... When I heard that eminem was coming out then, I was a bit confused. Seems like there's a conspiracy or something out there.

Don Seer

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 12:42:57 PM »
politics at aftermath... shady people pushing em to steal the aftermath/g-unit thunder? .. who knows..

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 03:34:14 PM »
I saw that the hurricane was comin towards Florida, and even though it isn't comin directly toward the city I am in (Tallahassee) I said fuggit, and got my dad to send me back to L.A. until Sunday.\

Yesterday, I was over at the Black Wall Street headquarters, and Game, Fase, Phat Rat, and Life were there. I am definitely gonna keep my mouth closed because I heard some things I was real suprised at. I will say that Game is definitely pissed about havin to come out within two weeks of Eminem. I donno who he was talkin to on the phone, but he definitely didn't sound happy.

Otherwise, Life came back from school and was talkin about how everybody at his school knows about the movement and everybody was on his side and supports him. He's at the same school that damn near every other Compton Blood/Affiliated rapper went to, like Quik 2nd II None etc. etc.

They said that the Dre joint "Higher" is still bein mixed right now, and they aren't filming the video this week like they had planned to because they don't even know which song they are gonna film the video for. The album is complete and Dre is just mixing it all right now.

I will probably go over there one or two more times before I leave and go back to school. Hit me up on AIM at RTistic310 if you got any other questions.

so yo who was game pissed at? eminem in direct or dre or 50 or someshit for the way his album is coming out?

LakersAlldaWay

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • SG Valley, CA
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 03:35:09 PM »
DRE finally is gonna release a westcoast artist's album, but puts him in such a bad position. If game had a month of separation, that would be dope, but eminem is gonna hurt sales bigtime IMO.

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 03:42:02 PM »
^^word, game should have a month space between him and eminem, em is established, game is a new cat to the game so he needs his space to sell either befo or after eminem drops, maybe game should drop november 16 and eminem just before xmas or the other way round......either way, like overseer said, it could be politics within the shady camp

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 02:11:18 AM »

so yo who was game pissed at? eminem in direct or dre or 50 or someshit for the way his album is coming out?

I don't think he was pissed at them, but more at the company and whoever made that decision. He wasn't sayin anything bad about Em Dre or anybody else, but he was just showin his frustration about it to whoever he was talkin to.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 04:39:23 AM »
I really actually hope that Em's album gets pushed back, so that Game could have a bigger time period in the spotlight. It doesn't really matter when Em drops his album, it will sell regardless of the date. But, it's label politics... The one most fucked up thing about the industry.

CRAFTY

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Sign Of The Cruz"
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 05:56:43 AM »
I really actually hope that Em's album gets pushed back, so that Game could have a bigger time period in the spotlight. It doesn't really matter when Em drops his album, it will sell regardless of the date. But, it's label politics... The one most fucked up thing about the industry.

True...I can imagine that Game's pissed about the whole situation...who wouldn't be?! You wait for over 2 years to drop your solo album, and when it's finally time to release it, you get word that your album drops 2 weeks before the highest selling rapper at the moment.
Damn...

Gotti......Xl

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thug Life
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2004, 07:45:00 AM »
I think is kool game over sell eminem if we all go and buy his album Is all about the west right know

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2004, 08:26:05 AM »
I think is kool game over sell eminem if we all go and buy his album Is all about the west right know

Game outsell Eminem? Am I getting the right message from your post? You must be smokin crack, as cool as it would be if that happened, ain't no way for that to happen, I'm sorry. There's other record buyers out there besides us DubCC folks, you know.

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2004, 03:04:49 PM »
Game got fucked in the ass with no vaseline by Eminem. But you never know, shit may blow up for him like 50.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2004, 09:33:21 PM »

Game outsell Eminem? Am I getting the right message from your post? You must be smokin crack, as cool as it would be if that happened, ain't no way for that to happen, I'm sorry. There's other record buyers out there besides us DubCC folks, you know.

scream it like u mean it.. hell them boys in montana,utah,south dakota, iowa,john cenaville idaho, can have marshall goin platinum in no time

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2004, 01:24:38 AM »
DRE finally is gonna release a westcoast artist's album, but puts him in such a bad position. If game had a month of separation, that would be dope, but eminem is gonna hurt sales bigtime IMO.

madkilla

• 'G'
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2004, 09:20:28 PM »
yeah i'd like to ask Game "IF" & "WHERE" his newest mixtape is available.  i got "UKnowWhatItIs Vol. 2", but i can't find "The Game Is Far From Over" anywhere in southern cali.  been hearing about it and heard some snippets, but i can't find it for purchase or download anywhere.  any help or info is appreciated, peace!!