Author Topic: Hip Hop community speaks out against new sampling laws  (Read 859 times)

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: Hip Hop community speaks out against new sampling laws
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2004, 01:57:34 PM »
^ not me... peep the playlist :)

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't mean to say that it takes no skill what so ever, but I still think it takes the least skill. Put it this way, I think the best artists in all the other sections of rock n roll, are more creative and musical than the best in hip hop.

That's your opinion... :D

Of course that's my opinion. The fact that I used "I think" to start off all my claims shows that I am stating it as being just my opinion. For the record I'm sure there are a lot of people that share my opinion. Do you disagree? Do you think that a guy like Primo is more talented and creative than a guy like Hendrix? Just wondering.

i don't think it is fair to take the best guitar player ever and talk about 'guys like him', cuz the only 'guy like Hendrix' was Hendrix. If u think Primo > average guitar player or even Primo > good guitar player it don't mean Primo > Hendrix.....

I meant Jimi artstically. I could also bring up Jimmy Page, Brian Wilson, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Roger Waters, Elton John, Billy Joel, Rick James, Curtis Mayfeild, Frank Zappa, Michael Jackson, etc, etc, etc, etc. and still put them way over Primo on my list. I'm not comparing DJ skills, to the skills of these guys with regards to the instruments. I'm comparing artisic merit.

ok yeah. i do agree with u then, from all i can tell, but then u cannot judge unless u know exactly what it requires to do the stuff primo does and to do the stuff hendrix did

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2004, 07:13:19 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I don't mean to say that it takes no skill what so ever, but I still think it takes the least skill. Put it this way, I think the best artists in all the other sections of rock n roll, are more creative and musical than the best in hip hop.

That's your opinion... :D

Of course that's my opinion. The fact that I used "I think" to start off all my claims shows that I am stating it as being just my opinion. For the record I'm sure there are a lot of people that share my opinion. Do you disagree? Do you think that a guy like Primo is more talented and creative than a guy like Hendrix? Just wondering.

i don't think it is fair to take the best guitar player ever and talk about 'guys like him', cuz the only 'guy like Hendrix' was Hendrix. If u think Primo > average guitar player or even Primo > good guitar player it don't mean Primo > Hendrix.....

I meant Jimi artstically. I could also bring up Jimmy Page, Brian Wilson, Paul McCartney, Bruce Springsteen, Roger Waters, Elton John, Billy Joel, Rick James, Curtis Mayfeild, Frank Zappa, Michael Jackson, etc, etc, etc, etc. and still put them way over Primo on my list. I'm not comparing DJ skills, to the skills of these guys with regards to the instruments. I'm comparing artisic merit.

ok yeah. i do agree with u then, from all i can tell, but then u cannot judge unless u know exactly what it requires to do the stuff primo does and to do the stuff hendrix did

I try my best to never give definate judgement, and rely on opinion. We can never say one thing is harder than another, because we don't know how hard or easy it is for the artists to create what he does. What I do know for sure, is that I could do a better job trying to re create a Primo produced instrumental than I would trying to re create a Hendix, or Page guitar solo, or a seven peice interlude in some of the old Springsteen tracks. I'm not saying I'd do a good job re creating a Primo beat, because I'd most likely do a terrible job, but I'd do a more terrible job trying to do the other stuff I mentioned.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2004, 09:04:03 PM »
Of course I don't consider Premo more talented than Hendrix...I would have to be music-retarded to say that...I would say that Premo is more talented than many Rock artists nowadays though...But the comparison is not even there... Premo is a DJ, while Hendrix is a guitarist...PeACe
« Last Edit: October 02, 2004, 09:05:57 PM by Now_I_Know »

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #34 on: October 02, 2004, 09:24:37 PM »
jimi uses the guitar like a magic wand