Author Topic: Nintendo DS sold out already at some major retailers  (Read 213 times)

Trauma-san

Nintendo DS sold out already at some major retailers
« on: November 04, 2004, 04:37:59 PM »
Gamestop has stopped taking preorders for the Nintendo DS, because it has already sold all of it's preshippment allotment of systems, weeks before the release date.  EB Games says they will stop selling them soon, as well. 

Also, 5 of the Nintendo DS games will be available for purchase the week before the system, to help meet the demand.  This thing is going to be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Nintendo DS sold out already at some major retailers
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2004, 04:59:01 PM »
I don't doubt that, and never did. I just don't think it'll last.

MANBEARPIG.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2004, 01:06:41 AM »
did u reserve your's Trauma?

I did ;D

-KIDRENEGADE-

Trauma-san

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2004, 07:31:00 AM »
No, I didn't yet... I'm not sure if I'm going to get one when they first launch..... I JUST bought my SP. 

Thirteen

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2004, 10:20:12 AM »
Gamestop has stopped taking preorders for the Nintendo DS, because it has already sold all of it's preshippment allotment of systems, weeks before the release date.  EB Games says they will stop selling them soon, as well. 

Also, 5 of the Nintendo DS games will be available for purchase the week before the system, to help meet the demand.  This thing is going to be HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE. 

do you have fucillo car commercials around you trauma?

cause HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE is that fat guys slogan and it's the first thing i thought of when you wrote that

daWappla

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Wean! ... oda wos is?
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2004, 11:47:50 AM »
I´m so glad about those news because I  favor Nintendo over any other company they are competing with today 100%... I owned the NES , the SNES, the GameBoy, the N64, and now the GameCube.... because of quality games like Metroid and Zelda... I could shit on Animal Crossing or Pikmin or that crap but to me Ninteno = THE original home console manufacturer.. as far as I know they started in that "home entertainment" section and are still here today... while companies like Sony and Microsoft just put in a ridicolous amount of money and then think they have conquered that ground when they outsell Nintendo in some markets.. lol   .. same thing with Sony´s PSP... fuck that..  all of a sudden they decide to compete with Nintendo in that market... I really hope they fail miserably and never try to do that shit again... man if i was a bit more fanatic I´d buy a dvd burner and burn every single PS2 game and give it away for free just to harm the company.. lol... nah.. thats too much... but you get the point...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2004, 10:13:10 PM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What about Atari, Intellivision or Colecovision? They were all before Nintendo, and Nintendo put them out of business. Actually Atari beat the other two, and Nintendo beat Atari. Either way it's business. It doesn't matter who did it first.

Trauma-san

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2004, 10:18:09 PM »
^ That is true.  If Nintendo truly is the "King" of the consoles, it'll stay competitive, which I believe it will, and which I believe this DS system is an example of their creativity and knowledge of the gaming industry.  Nintendo has helped Deep Six Atari, Colecovision, Sega, SNK, Philips, 3D0, TurboGraffix, Commodore, etc. so we'll see what happens.  I doubt Microsoft or Sony will pull out, they'll still be making a fortune, but I imagine Nintendo will be much more competitive in the next console races. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2004, 08:42:30 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sony was more the reason for Sega's departure. If Sony and Microsoft never entered the market, I garauntee Sega would still be here, and it'd the system war that we'd all want again. Sega wouldn't beat Nintendo, but it'd still be around.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2004, 08:45:15 AM »
damn i got an sp.. i hardly play it.. its so hard for me to devote time to video games.. i have played gta in a week...

Thirteen

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2004, 10:33:25 AM »
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sony was more the reason for Sega's departure. If Sony and Microsoft never entered the market, I garauntee Sega would still be here, and it'd the system war that we'd all want again. Sega wouldn't beat Nintendo, but it'd still be around.

yeah if it was anything that killed sega it was the fact that sony had it's ps2 and microsoft, being a giant of a company, coming into the game