Author Topic: MC's that used to be wack, but improved  (Read 434 times)

davida.b.

MC's that used to be wack, but improved
« on: November 07, 2004, 10:53:26 AM »
Trick Daddy fits into this category perfectly.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: MC's that used to be wack, but improved
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2004, 12:26:25 PM »
Trick leads the list. I think Fabolous is improving slowly.

Don Breezio

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2004, 12:29:35 PM »
ja rule is right in there with fab i think...slowly improving....

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2004, 01:20:30 PM »
ummmmm i cant really think of mcs that used to be wack, but common and gza are the most improved mcs from one album to another. no mc has spit like them from debut to sophmore. they became completely different mcs. 2pac would be a good example for an entire career. he came out with nursery rhymes, and then once he got to makaveli, he died a great lyricist. he killed hold ya head.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

West Coast Veteran

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2004, 04:56:58 PM »
Fat Joe has improved lately. He gettin' nicer on the mic. I think someone writing for him or he did find Pun's rhyme book.

Fab never been wack as a lyricist. He always was nice on the mic. "Slick metaphors and ill punches on the cuts" and his multis always been nice even on songs like "Into You". It's just his subject matter that hurts his catalogue.

davida.b.

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2004, 04:59:53 PM »
Fat Joe has improved lately. He gettin' nicer on the mic. I think someone writing for him or he did find Pun's rhyme book.

LMAO

DAYUM

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2004, 06:05:15 PM »
lil wayne and fabolous

Jome

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2004, 08:06:13 PM »
Magoo, Krondon, Mista Grimm, Shade Sheist.. not that Mista Grimm was that wack in the first place, but he improved a lot.
Fabolous isn't improving, he just sounds more serious without bubblegum beats..

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2004, 09:34:54 PM »

h.a.w.k- yall may not know about dude.. but he stepped his game up in a major 1nce his brother died ( r.i.p fat pat) ..he useta be the weak-link in the s.u.c he had a nice vocab....he shitted on eightball on his own shit( ah yea)..and ball aint no punk...big hawk has 2 albums that r slept on..hell the people in vibe thought  on big pokey's hardest pit in the liter was project pat rappin..instead of hawk..why i dont know.. kuz he been usin that flow 4ever..

big boi-i useta skipped like half of dudes verses on outkast albums..he had 1 good verse in his whole life imo..that was on goodie mob's sky high..thats the only time i only felt duke.. and i jus stop feelin until he started doin that rhyme schemehe did on gangsta shit off of stankonia..then his album shocked me..

k.k (second 2 none)- i never liked him ..except when he was sweet johnny ray of the sexual chocolates..and dee useta overshadow him on everything be4 classic 220..k.k showed his natural black ass on classic 220, i was hopin quik would get him by himself...and let him wreck and he did on u.t.i ..now im waitin on his solo if he ever does..

Leggy Hendrix

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2004, 01:54:40 AM »
i disagree with some of y'all...

imo Fat Joe been on the decline since Jealous Ones Envy...and Ja Rule was better when he wasnt doing ballads...

i agree with Common tho, if you listen to Can I Borrow A Dollar?, hes got a kinda strange style, but now hes one of the best around...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LllJK5DjofM</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/g7DMeTPvZCs</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/yRfQGXFRr30</a>

dude im baning you mother over here in eu. but im not a white,brown,black,yellow etc. im your nightmare

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2004, 02:37:20 AM »
I think Fabolous has always been tight...

Lil Wayne has certainly improved... but I think he was a little underrated to begin with...

smartass

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • my style is too developed to be arrested
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 12:22:33 PM »
Fab never been wack as a lyricist. He always was nice on the mic. "Slick metaphors and ill punches on the cuts" and his multis always been nice even on songs like "Into You". It's just his subject matter that hurts his catalogue.
fab has never been wack, period. only elitist idiots who think you have to put out "emotional" songs to be a good mc think that hes wack. whats wack about him? his flow is dope, he has good breath control, hes a good lyricist, and has some of the best wordplay out today. his only problem is that he puts out bad albums(i havent heard his latest one yet, only breathe which is still the best single of the year imo) and he put out a nice mixtape to make the fans happy who were disappointed by street dreams. these are the same people who would hate on 92-96 redman if he came out today, cause he rarely ever made a "serious" song.
I ain't little but vicious, guns no misses You feel me, kisses or wishes, fore I break you up like dishes Fuck your bosses, my forces, endorses To kill all your sources y'all niggas best be cautious No losses, my fortress, is Jaguars and Porsche's Ride the OTB to check my money on the horses My horrors is flawless, my block one of the broadest Off the main attraction for them whitey ass tourists That I tosses, it scorches, with out no remorses Leave they bloody body to be found in Mount Morris

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 03:28:30 PM »
i dont actually agree with whoever said common....because of the fact that i like resurrection and one day it'll all make sense better than like water for chocolate and electric circus....all of his albums are good but i like those ones better....what i will say though is that common has grown as an artist....he has developed his skill more, lyricism is better....basically he has grown alot...i just enjoy his 2nd and 3rd albums the most

··: O.G Kody™ :··

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 03:33:38 PM »
Magoo, Krondon, Mista Grimm, Shade Sheist.. not that Mista Grimm was that wack in the first place, but he improved a lot.
Fabolous isn't improving, he just sounds more serious without bubblegum beats..

LOL Magoo. The dude sounds like a cartoon character more than ever. As far as raps? LOL....yeah OK.

BL7

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 04:10:37 PM »
Goldie Loc. One of the most improved rappers, definitely.