Author Topic: From a while back, Rolling Stone's Top 50 Artists of All Time  (Read 379 times)

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
Re: From a while back, Rolling Stone's Top 50 Artists of All Time
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2004, 07:16:56 PM »
where the fuck is Santana and i dont think i saw Jimmy Hendrix >:(
or Red Hot Chilli Peppers or Pink Floyd >:(

i hate these fucking lists...

hate to breka it to you but...there are better bands than Red Hot CHilli Peppers  :P

anyone read the rollings Stones top 500 albuyms of all time?..beatles #1 ;D

i hate to break it to u but i think ur a fucking moron

Well, that's nice, at least you're thinking!
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

-CaliKid-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ^dime^
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2004, 12:56:47 AM »
Michael Jackson @ #35  >:(
thats BS

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2004, 01:41:17 AM »
Rolling Stones list is an example of racial prejudice.  Notice there is no 2pac, Fugee's, Rakim, Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Nas, or rap artist at the top of this list.  They threw in a few token R@B artists, but let's be real, everyone knows African American's make better music than white people, African's brought the music with them over from the slave ships.  There are very few select white artists that can compete at their level, Rolling Stone's list should reflect this fact.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2004, 07:21:59 AM »
Rolling Stones list is an example of racial prejudice.  Notice there is no 2pac, Fugee's, Rakim, Dr. Dre, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Nas, or rap artist at the top of this list.  They threw in a few token R@B artists, but let's be real, everyone knows African American's make better music than white people, African's brought the music with them over from the slave ships.  There are very few select white artists that can compete at their level, Rolling Stone's list should reflect this fact.

ok you're just stupid.

really fucking stupid. 40% of that list is of black musicians, MUSICIANS. this list is not comprised of rappers. rappers are not necessarily musicians. and, you gotta remember that in this country, 13% of the population is black. tell me one good reason that the fugees or nas or any rap artist should be at the top of that list.

*Jamal*

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: November 21, 2004, 07:36:00 AM »
Michael Jackson at #35? This is bullshit. He should've been ranked way higher.

I disagree with that, I wouldn't have put him that high. No way would I have put him above David Bowie, John Lennon, The Doors, Van Morrison, Sly And The Family Stone, Public Enemy, Janis Joplin, Elton John or the Beastie Boys.

You deserve AIDS

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2004, 09:48:44 AM »
Michael Jackson at #35? This is bullshit. He should've been ranked way higher.

I disagree with that, I wouldn't have put him that high. No way would I have put him above David Bowie, John Lennon, The Doors, Van Morrison, Sly And The Family Stone, Public Enemy, Janis Joplin, Elton John or the Beastie Boys.

You deserve AIDS

Why? All of those artists have better albums and staying power than MJ.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2004, 10:58:36 AM »

ok you're just stupid.

really fucking stupid. 40% of that list is of black musicians, MUSICIANS. this list is not comprised of rappers. rappers are not necessarily musicians. and, you gotta remember that in this country, 13% of the population is black. tell me one good reason that the fugees or nas or any rap artist should be at the top of that list.

Rappers aren't musicians?  Just that statement makes you a racist.  Rappers create lyrics far superior to any other musician, and the beats that accompany the rhymes are more creative as well.  That's why you see Rock Artists since the 90's have had to go to hip-hop to get a hit album, because their music is trash, but white people are prejudice so they would rather listen to a white guy make bad rock/rap music than an African American making a solid hip-hop record. 

And I know what the statistics are, that's exactly my point, white people chose their inferior white artists for their list, because they are prejudice and give special preference to their race.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2004, 11:00:23 AM »
^^^ are you an alias?
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2004, 11:12:13 AM »

ok you're just stupid.

Rappers aren't musicians? Just that statement makes you a racist. Rappers create lyrics far superior to any other musician, and the beats that accompany the rhymes are more creative as well. That's why you see Rock Artists since the 90's have had to go to hip-hop to get a hit album, because their music is trash, but white people are prejudice so they would rather listen to a white guy make bad rock/rap music than an African American making a solid hip-hop record.

And I know what the statistics are, that's exactly my point, white people chose their inferior white artists for their list, because they are prejudice and give special preference to their race.
is you would have said rappers are poets.. you could have had a small point.. their lyrics are not far superior.. and their beats are not creative.. they are loops usually sampling a classic song that is 10x better then the song its recycled on...white people are not prejudice agaisnt blacks.. you want a  rapper at the top of a list that is held by musicians who, 40 years ago, broke through with music, completely original, and its still 100x superior to most rappers

I Am The Anton

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2004, 12:42:43 PM »

ok you're just stupid.

Rappers aren't musicians?  Just that statement makes you a racist.  Rappers create lyrics far superior to any other musician, and the beats that accompany the rhymes are more creative as well.  That's why you see Rock Artists since the 90's have had to go to hip-hop to get a hit album, because their music is trash, but white people are prejudice so they would rather listen to a white guy make bad rock/rap music than an African American making a solid hip-hop record. 

wow, you are a fuckin moron that deserve snothing less than fucking death. how does him saying rappers arent musicians make him racist? and he wasnt even really saying that in the first place. the rest of what you said is nothing but your own opinion, so stfu and stop trying to push it on everyone else.

I need some meaning I can memorize
The kind I have always seems to slip my mind

davida.b.

« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2004, 01:28:49 PM »
^^^ are you an alias?

He has to be. There is no way anyone can be that fucking stupid.

Edit: and by the way:

Ray Charles > Wyclef

David Bowie > Nas

And there's not a goddman thing you can do about it.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2004, 01:31:35 PM by david "Dirt Dog" a.b. »

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2004, 02:46:26 PM »

ok you're just stupid.

this guy must be hajj.....

wtf are you talking about. yeah. i'm racist. dumbshit. what the fuck do you know about me? i could be asian for all you know. i could be white. i could be black. you know, it is possible that there are black people in this world that don't like rap music.....as for your little opinion, i'm done with this topic. you're so goddam ignorant it's impossible to get anywhere with this conversation.