Author Topic: Nas Sparks Controversy w/ 'Coon Picnic' Song  (Read 1773 times)

Jimmy Cash2120

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Nas Sparks Controversy w/ 'Coon Picnic' Song
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2004, 02:16:04 PM »
the reason so many black men are with white woman is b/c it dont get much easier than picking up a white broad.

where the white women at?lol

Juronimo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2004, 02:42:37 PM »
Those of yall calling Nas "racist" are obviously missing the point and are completely unfamiliar with issues affecting the black community. I think Lost Angel is on point, you articulated the issue well. Trauma, have you actually heard the song? Where did he actually say that a black man and a white woman hooking up is wrong? If anything, Nas talking about Kobe's situation is bringing to light an issue that is still taboo in today's society. Personally, being a black male, I knew Kobe was in some serious shit when Kobe was accused of rape by a white woman. These are issues that are real and have to be dealt with on a daily basis. For you to dismiss his song as "racist" shows a complete lack of understanding behind the real issues here.

He's not mad at blacks for acting "white" since really there is not such thing as acting "white" or acting "black". He's talking about those that make fools out of themselves, playing stereotypes for cheddar and those that forget where they come from. That's what he's addressing and that is a ligitimate issue in the black community. After all, he gave props to articulate brothas like Tavis Smiley and Michael Eric Dyson
Being a LAKER is a privilige. Unfortunately some "Lakers" have forgotten that.

Los Angeles Lakers
Anaheim Angels

BuddenzNasir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: December 05, 2004, 02:57:00 PM »
trauma u truely are a fuckin moron and analyze to far into the track. Just think bout the people he calls out and what hes implying. your taking it way to far. dont get mad, its hip hop. not that rap shit. its got truth you just dont see it probly cuz in society some things are becoming ok to you. like Homosexuals. black men usually only wit white girlz cuz they r easy and white girls wanna eb accepted into the hip hop culture, so they think sleepin wit a black man will get them there. thats why those white girls are all whores and junkies anyways. hes not even close to being racist anyway.

davida.b.

« Reply #33 on: December 05, 2004, 04:05:45 PM »
its hip hop. not that rap shit.

Keep in mind that Trauma doesn't like hip hop or rap much. He likes :puke: Country

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #34 on: December 05, 2004, 04:07:43 PM »
lol@some of the white cats in here, nas "i can" is sick.....

nas>eminem........dont get pink y'all

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #35 on: December 05, 2004, 04:11:45 PM »
i agree, nas is back to his 'i'm gonna be a bitch' stage.

he sounds like that motherfucker 'infinite' (hip hop is dead...) on this board. thinkin he and only he knows what's right for everybody else.

he's acting like god again. can't stand that shit.

Trauma-san

« Reply #36 on: December 05, 2004, 04:20:44 PM »
He doesn't say it in the song, but I guess I'm the only one here intelligent enough to recognize nearly everyone he calls out is a black man with a white wife?  Nas:Bitch.  That ought to be the name of his new album. 

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2004, 05:18:36 PM »
lol@some of the white cats in here, nas "i can" is sick.....

nas>eminem........dont get pink y'all

I would never say Em is a better rapper than Nas. As of right now Nas is greater. Em may get better, but probably not, who knows?

As for "I Can"; it's false facts spread to create a movement. This is called propaganda. If you can't see through it then you're a moron.

Da WCC Hopar!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love to see her walk off!
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2004, 05:49:28 PM »
 :tosser:

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2004, 06:02:08 PM »

Sikotic™

« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2004, 09:10:55 AM »
NYPD Investigating Threats Against "Wicked" Star and Husband Taye Diggs

Courtesy of WABC 7

(New York- WABC, December 5, 2004 ) -- He is a movie star and she won the Tony Award for best actress in a musical. Tonight New York City police are investigating threats against this interracial couple as a possible hate crime.

Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel have gotten at least three letters in which the writer threatens to "burn" and "castrate" Diggs, and calling him a "sellout" for marryng a white woman.

The writer also threatens to burn down the Gershwin Theater, where Menzel is starring in "Wicked."

The letters all have different postmarks, from New York, Philadelphia, and Ohio.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: December 06, 2004, 09:18:01 AM »
NYPD Investigating Threats Against "Wicked" Star and Husband Taye Diggs

Courtesy of WABC 7

(New York- WABC, December 5, 2004 ) -- He is a movie star and she won the Tony Award for best actress in a musical. Tonight New York City police are investigating threats against this interracial couple as a possible hate crime.

Taye Diggs and Idina Menzel have gotten at least three letters in which the writer threatens to "burn" and "castrate" Diggs, and calling him a "sellout" for marryng a white woman.

The writer also threatens to burn down the Gershwin Theater, where Menzel is starring in "Wicked."

The letters all have different postmarks, from New York, Philadelphia, and Ohio.

I would never deny that this is an isue in the black community (and latino communities), but I don't care for Nas's stance on it. If he really is Jesus like the cover of his album, and various lines in his songs, want you to see him as, then he would be against the hatred towards interrcial couples and not antagonzing those with in interracial relationships.

50 Cent

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2004, 01:53:04 PM »
Nas spoke the truth i am glad he exposed all the coons

i love men who take pictures with their booty's out

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You know you want me.
« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2004, 02:50:48 PM »

i like the song..shit is funny...and cuba "radio: where's my pie!!!??" gooding jr is 1 of the whitest black men on earth ion care what nebody says..when ricky got shot..it scared the black out of his ass..

what eminem can speak his mind on his race...and nas cant..people need to get they heads out they ass..and jus enjoy the music..he aint doin shit but callin out all the uncle tom's jus like hood critic's do..at barbershops and shit..

u dont wanna hear how them niggas and bitches be talkin at wear i get my fades from..u'd think huey newton and nat turner was finna come thru or sumthin

nas showed his ass on this song..prop's nasir...

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2004, 04:04:23 PM »

i like the song..shit is funny...and cuba "radio: where's my pie!!!??" gooding jr is 1 of the whitest black men on earth ion care what nebody says..when ricky got shot..it scared the black out of his ass..

what eminem can speak his mind on his race...and nas cant..people need to get they heads out they ass..and jus enjoy the music..he aint doin shit but callin out all the uncle tom's jus like hood critic's do..at barbershops and shit..

u dont wanna hear how them niggas and bitches be talkin at wear i get my fades from..u'd think huey newton and nat turner was finna come thru or sumthin

nas showed his ass on this song..prop's nasir...

What did Eminem say that was ever condoned? If Nas wants to be an ignorant racist than that's fine, but tell him he can't be an ignorant racist and Jesus at the same time. Ignorant racist Jesus is an oxymoron.