Author Topic: Something missing from Dre's Xxplosive...  (Read 680 times)

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Something missing from Dre's Xxplosive...
« on: April 06, 2014, 02:35:51 PM »
A feature from Warren G, it's been years & years but from the first time I heard it I just thought this already classic song could've been just a whole lot better with a verse from the original regulator 8) I don't really think about features & who could've been good on who's song but fuck, this was just perfect for this guy. Agree or disagree??

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: Something missing from Dre's Xxplosive...
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 02:39:08 PM »
Agreed. I find it funny there is 2 or 3 songs recorded to that very same beat

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2014, 02:42:44 PM »
If it makes you feel better, Warren G ghost produced the song.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2014, 03:02:14 PM »
Good for him, I'm talking about the guest feature.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2014, 03:02:44 PM »

I thought Chris The Glove Taylor produced that record.

bouli77

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2014, 03:18:55 PM »
dre never let warren spit on his albums, although he claims to have recorded material for both the chronic and 2001. which is credible since we can see warren in the booklet pictures of 2001. i'm guessing dre really thinks warren g is a terrible rapper lol.

Hack Wilson - real

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2014, 03:27:45 PM »
the Dre/Royce 5'9 version is best    they shoulda done that and released xplosive as a remix

Desert Lord

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 03:28:02 PM »

for real??

bouli77

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 03:29:40 PM »
the Dre/Royce 5'9 version is best    they shoulda done that and released xplosive as a remix

maybe it was supposed to go that way before royce fucked up.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2014, 07:51:27 PM »

I agree man.. I've always been disappointed that the great work Royce was doing with Dre for 2001 never came out.   "Way I Be Pimpin" was a great joint, and even better was "The Throne Is Mine".  "The Throne Is Mine" should of been a major hit, but I think maybe it didn't fit Dre's image for a video with a King and a Castle and all that, but maybe Royce could of flipped it a bit and done it on his own.  Anyway, supposedly his manager said some shit to Vibe and fucced everything up, so anyway...

...As far as the version of "XXplosive" that was released, I would of loved to see Warren in place of Six Duece there at the end of the track.  I think the fans would of loved it as well.  Hittman and Nate did their thing on the track but I thought Kurupt's verse was awful.
Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

HighEyeCue

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2014, 06:41:08 AM »
Kurupt's verse was so bad its good...fit the song perfectly IMO

Okka

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2014, 03:53:46 AM »

I thought Chris The Glove Taylor produced that record.

Did The Glove actually say that?

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 07:27:31 AM »
http://illuminati2g.com/site/2011/02/26/chris-the-glove-taylor-interview/

So basically now after that album, you transition into Dre’s sequel, Chronic 2001, which I consider the best sequel to a debut album in hip hop history. What was it like linking back up with the artists that you worked with at Death Row and then linking up with the fresh, new talent, Timebomb, Knocturnal, Hittman?

Hittman was great and he did a majority of Dre’s lyrics on that album. He was a writer in A LOT of those raps and that is why Hittman did not come out. He was supposed to be released as a solo artist but people would have said that he sounded like Dre. Dre kind of swallowed him up because he needed him for that album and after he got through with him, you hardly ever heard anything from him.

On each album, I have a signature song on there that I produced or did work on. For instance, on the Chronic, I did Stranded On Death Row, on Chronic 2000, I did XXXPlosive, on The Firm I did Phone Tap. On Snoop’s album, I produced Doggy Dogg World and all of those were pretty serious singles.

At the time I was not getting the…, I mean people always knew what I did, I would get phone calls from different celebrities or people that were in hip hop or in the business that knew. But the credits were not in print like it should have been, but I never had a problem with it. I always compare it to a college education, you learn and then you go out and do your thing.

In between that though, I produced Hello for NWA on Cube’s album. That was a comeback for them at the time. It was a big record out here on the west coast but working with all those guys, I got to say man, it’s like when people play the Lakers, they bring their best game. All these cats ALWAYS came with it, even guys like Hittman that you never heard of.

I don’t know what is taking Dre so long to come with this next album though. This is a great sequel, but if you have 9 years to create your sequel…, you got to remember the first Chronic came out in 1992, 2001 came out in 2000 and Detox is still not out and we are nearing 20 years since the first one came out.

Dre has only done 2 albums but I expect that this next one…, some kind of way his albums meet expectations.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 12:19:20 PM by D-Nice »

Sccit

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 04:39:12 PM »
Dre produced it

both versions are dope, but xxplosive fit the album better

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 05:03:37 PM »
Speaking of this song, did the King T song over this beat ever leak?