Author Topic: How To Resurrect The West Coast imo.  (Read 618 times)

Woodrow

Re: How To Resurrect The West Coast imo.
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2005, 12:09:31 PM »
who I had so much respect for

nowhere in my entire post did I say I lost respect for quik.

sorry, must have misunderstood.

I'm betting people will be VERY suprised with this new album! I guess we'll see soon enough tho!

Acgrundy

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2005, 12:18:44 PM »
who I had so much respect for

nowhere in my entire post did I say I lost respect for quik.

sorry, must have misunderstood.

I'm betting people will be VERY suprised with this new album! I guess we'll see soon enough tho!

I have no question about the beats.  quik is one of the best producers ever, and imo he has never lost his touch.  in that one interview the guy was saying his beats on UTI weren't very good, but I liked them a lot.  I liked all his beats off of Suga Free's The New Testament.  I haven't heard any of his beats that he has been doing recently for people like chingy and ludicris.  and the 2pac album was so god awful horrible that I couldn't even make it to the quik song.  but I'm not doubting his beats at all, or his rapping.  I'm just worried that its gonna be full of guest rappers that I don't care for.

Elevz

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2005, 12:24:00 PM »
Change Tha Game with San Quinn and you have probably a better album. I'm not hating on Game, i'm just saying Dre created him.

Dre CAN.

Alone nobody can. No more. Look at Sly Boogy. He's damn dope, but nobody gives a fuck about him. Look at Warren G. His album was fire, but nobody cared. Look at Dj Quik. The best albums of 2002/04 didnt even go platinum while Game is 3x platinum NOW, without even the album out. You know what i mean?

WHAT THE FUCK? Are you saying Game is triple platinum already, on PRE-SALES?

lmao, if that's true, he's blowing up biiiiiiiigggggggggggggggggggggg

Anyway, fucking interesting topic, props for that.

And about your story... I definately agree with you, Antonio... We need the ones who were popular during the 90s to do some great things now and put out new artists. Best way to do it, is by putting some shining new artists on new classic albums by Dre or Pac, or anyone of that level who can build a classic. Sad detail is that it's not very likely there will be any more top-selling Pac albums like All Eyez On Me was. The material that's left over now, is only average. Not the type of raps you'd use to build a classic.

Suga Foot

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2005, 12:26:09 PM »
A lot of these rappers are doin it to themselves too.  Nowadays you gotta do it for your self.  They gotta get out there and hustle, get on mixtapes, go to radio stations ect.  Getting a deal isn't enough.  It's just a starting point.

But arent they multi-multi millionaires yet? Do they need to be selfish YET? They didnt create themselves from nothing. They should do the same with other promising rappers. It's a cycle. You created me? I'll create another rapper....

It not enough to 'create' a rapper, they gotta want it.  

Dre put hittman on.  He was on 9 songs on 2001.  But where is he now?  Hittman didn't want it.

Dre signed Game.  Game got on mixtapes, battled Yuk, Joe Budden, was featured on other albums, and remixes.  Game put himself in a position where Dre HAD to put the album out.  

If Hittman would have got on mixtapes and other peoples albums right after 2001, I bet we would have an Aftermath Hittman album.  

See what I'm sayin?

Dre, Snoop, Cube have givin plenty of people chances, but just being affiliated with someone isn't enough.  They gotta be able to stand on their own 2 feet.  

Cube put Mack 10 on, and Mack ran with it.  He's had a lot of success.  Cube put Short Khop on, short just chilled.  No success.

It's all about the hustle.

Acgrundy

« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2005, 12:27:37 PM »
A lot of these rappers are doin it to themselves too.  Nowadays you gotta do it for your self.  They gotta get out there and hustle, get on mixtapes, go to radio stations ect.  Getting a deal isn't enough.  It's just a starting point.

But arent they multi-multi millionaires yet? Do they need to be selfish YET? They didnt create themselves from nothing. They should do the same with other promising rappers. It's a cycle. You created me? I'll create another rapper....

Dre put hittman on.  He was on 9 songs on 2001.  But where is he now?  Hittman didn't want it.

Dre signed Game.  Game got on mixtapes, battled Yuk, Joe Budden, was featured on other albums, and remixes.  Game put himself in a position where Dre HAD to put the album out. 

If Hittman would have got on mixtapes and other peoples albums right after 2001, I bet we would have an Aftermath Hittman album. 

See what I'm sayin?

Dre, Snoop, Cube have givin plenty of people chances, but just being affiliated with someone isn't enough.  They gotta be able to stand on their own 2 feet. 

Cube put Mack 10 on, and Mack ran with it.  He's had a lot of success.  Cube put Short Khop on, short just chilled.  No success.

I agree

Elevz

« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2005, 12:35:33 PM »

Dre put hittman on.  He was on 9 songs on 2001.  But where is he now?  Hittman didn't want it.
Dre signed Game.  Game got on mixtapes, battled Yuk, Joe Budden, was featured on other albums, and remixes.  Game put himself in a position where Dre HAD to put the album out.  
See what I'm sayin?
Dre, Snoop, Cube have givin plenty of people chances, but just being affiliated with someone isn't enough.  They gotta be able to stand on their own 2 feet.  
Cube put Mack 10 on, and Mack ran with it.  He's had a lot of success.  Cube put Short Khop on, short just chilled.  No success.

Fucking true... It's sad Hittman didn't 'run with it' because after hearing 2001, damn sure I was up and ready for his shit! I think you're right, Dre's not really to blame Hittman for not getting hyped.

mauzip

« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2005, 12:40:13 PM »
The West needs music that appeals to the mainstream. It's that simple.

Elevz

« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2005, 12:47:44 PM »
Yeah, but how did they do that back in the 90s? Those records got major airplay and yet we all love them, including the hardcore hiphop heads.

acbaylove

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2005, 01:05:17 PM »

Dre put hittman on.  He was on 9 songs on 2001.  But where is he now?  Hittman didn't want it.

Dre signed Game.  Game got on mixtapes, battled Yuk, Joe Budden, was featured on other albums, and remixes.  Game put himself in a position where Dre HAD to put the album out. 

See what I'm sayin?

Dre, Snoop, Cube have givin plenty of people chances, but just being affiliated with someone isn't enough.  They gotta be able to stand on their own 2 feet. 

Cube put Mack 10 on, and Mack ran with it.  He's had a lot of success.  Cube put Short Khop on, short just chilled.  No success.

Yeah, def. It's like that. But look.. i think that if let's say Game makes an interview tomorrow, and he says there's this little dude from Italy called Antonio... and that's he's the future, that Dre is working on his album for 2006 and that he's tha bomb...... well tomorrow i can make a mixtape rapping in Italian and it will sell more than The Federation's album. And i loved their album. Then of course you have to step up and make a good album to make success. Game's album is good. 50 Cent's album is good. Eminem's album was good. Dre doesnt release wack albums.

-Euthanasia-

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2005, 01:14:03 PM »

_That_Cracka_J

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Nintendo Entertainment System
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2005, 01:18:41 PM »

Like I said in my post, Dre is capable of that!  He just needs to do MORE production and make them SINGLES!

Elevz

« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2005, 03:09:54 PM »

Like I said in my post, Dre is capable of that!  He just needs to do MORE production and make them SINGLES!

Dre's like holding a trademark - we all know it's top class if he puts something out. I don't think he's out there in LA enjoying the weather all day... He's probably busy all day producing and taking care of things. What do you expect? If you want him to put out quality, he can't drop like 5 beats a day.

The Watcher

« Reply #27 on: January 12, 2005, 05:09:02 PM »
people that live on the westcoast want to hear westcoast music.. the majority of people that live everywhere else don't want to hear it, cause it just doesn't appeal to them. Look @ how Game had to get exposure.. he raps like he's from NY. alot of westcoast artists are still rappin about the same shit they did in the 90s, and thats more than likely the reason why they don't sell or get exposure. what's the point of buyin an album when you know you won't like it, cause you know what its gonna be beat & content wise? i think the west just needs a new image, but thats me
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #28 on: January 12, 2005, 05:15:08 PM »
look at the amount of talent we have in L.A, Daygo and especially in tha Bay
talent in the bay? thats an oxymoron

Acgrundy

« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2005, 05:30:33 PM »
look at the amount of talent we have in L.A, Daygo and especially in tha Bay
talent in the bay? thats an oxymoron

name the last 5 bay area albums u have listened to.