Author Topic: Since we see the Game's success, and we "know" he's not the best...  (Read 815 times)

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Since we see the Game's success, and we "know" he's not the best...
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2005, 05:15:34 AM »
Most people on this board who don't like The Game do it for the following reasons:

-They like other rappers from the West more. However, those rappers don't have any success and noone opens threads about them cause noone gives a fuck.  They think that's unfair.

-They knew of Game before Dre signed him. They think dudes need a license to like Game, so they don't want noone to like Game since he's on the biggest Label ever in Rap.

-They have underground syndrom and don't like rappers who are liked by most rap-fans just for the hell of it.

Now, since his Album is undeniably good, they just don't listen to the Album - because listening to it and saying it sucks would make them look like complete morons.

I hope Game sells as much as possible, with people in the West bumping his shit like there's no tomorrow - just to piss them haters off.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Xan.G

• 'G'
  • clique
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2005, 06:19:09 AM »
-They have underground syndrom and don't like rappers who are liked by most rap-fans just for the hell of it.

^thats me  ;D

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2005, 06:25:20 AM »

^thats me  ;D

At least youre not in denial like 90% of those people  ;)
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2005, 06:41:17 AM »
In some ways, I believe that hype promotion and marketing can guarantee success, in the way that somebody mentioned the talentless pop princesses, and even the Timberlake esque type of artists. But at the same time, especially in rap, it takes more to appeal to EVERYBODY because there are many people who don't just buy the shit because it's "hot" but because it is good music. That's why I don't think you could just stick anybody into Game's spot and say they'd do as good as he did. Dre picked him for a reason to be the one to "ressurect" the west, whether it's because of his street cred and that he's from Compton, or because of the fact he soudns east coast. Compton alone makes him sell a lot more, because Compton and South Central DEFINITELY the two most influential locations in the LA area and basically on the whole west coast that people will link to west coast rap. Do you think Sly coulda been this big reppin IE? And I hope nobody from the Bay comes with that "that is stupid because the roughest places in California are in the bay" type shit, because regardless of what cities really have the most crime or drug activity, Compton and South Central are the ones that everybody in the world knows, period. You can also argue Long Beach in there because of Snoop. Sayin that, I don't think there are too many rappers who are actually from Cpt or South Central who could become this successful at this point in time.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2005, 06:52:57 AM »
Nice thread.  I love analyzing hip-hop so let me add my two cents...

1- Yeah, people can't keep hating saying that the Game is a success just cause of his associations with Aftermath/G-Unit.  It's more than that.  Because if it were that easy than Hitman, Rakim, and all those other Aftermath artists would have blown up... but Dre dropped them from the label.

2- But we know Game isn't the best, for one obvious reason, and that is, he lacks origionality.  Eazy E was an origional, DOC was an origional, Snoop was an origional, Eminem was an origional... but unfortunately, the Game is just a cross between Loydd Banks, 50 Cent, and any prototype West Coast gangsta rapper.  He just followed the same formula that's been done 100 times before.

Givin' respect to 2pac September 7th-13th The Day Hip-Hop Died

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

Bomb-A®

« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2005, 07:25:18 AM »
this is the most positive thread ive read in a wrong time....i just wanna get my word in before some fool spoils it all

i dont really like game's style but it does have a mainstream appeal...and this is a good album....and it deserves to sell well.....cant wait for quik to drop next

peace

dexter

« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2005, 07:58:39 AM »
What about G Black hes from the CPT

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2005, 08:31:31 AM »
It's time for all these other westcoast artists to step up and make some moves... but i think more importantly, if Dre and Game are truly about resurrecting the West, then they need to be open to collabos.  Now that Game has the buzz and known to be from the West, he needs to start dropping songs with Crooked I, Guerilla Black, Sly Boogy, etc.

I also think that a lot of people are not seeing how Snoop's recent success with "Drop It Like It's Hot" has really helped The Game.  When people see/hear Snoop they think Westcoast rap superstar that was discovered by Dr. Dre (I'm not talking about the hip-hop heads out there... I'm talking about average rap/pop consumers).  The Game was promoted as Dr. Dre's newest protege from Compton.  So in some way, I think that seeing Snoop still doing it big, they are giving The Game a shot.  What do you think?

I hope "Where I'm From" becomes one of the singles.  Can you imagine a video with shots of sunny So. Cal, lolos, BBQ's at the park, palm trees, with cameos of all the westcoast vets (Warren, Nate, Cube, Snoop, Dre, Quik, etc.)?  That would be straight heat!

R-Tistic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • DJ R-Tistic....L.A.'s Favorite
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2005, 09:12:01 AM »
What about G Black hes from the CPT

LOL...he moved there a year or two ago. We can argue about how many west coast rappers moved to LA and didn't grow up there, but with G Black, it is a lot different. For one, it's COMPTON, and Compton people have a different sort of pride from anybody else in LA or in the west. To claim Compton and really get away with it, you not only have to grow up there or go to high school there, but you have to have some street cred there, and people HAVE to know who you are way before you blow up. You wouldn't believe how many haters Game has in Compton, even though most people know the facts. G Black moved to Compton sometime around 2003 and that's just somethin you can't do and get away with claimin Cpt. I don't know too many people personally in Cpt who actually like him and that Cpt song, especially since he's an imitation Biggie.

So basically...that's just part of the reason he would not be as successful as Game, even though he's from Compton.

Now back on topic....

SGV

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2005, 10:34:41 AM »
Crooked I, Sly Boogy, Ras Kass, Scipio, Trensetta, Planet Asia, Balance, Locksmith, Sick Jacken, Casual, Xzibit, Tash, Defari and plenty more are MUCH better lyrically than Game.

Bottom line, when Game was with Get Low, NOBODY, I'm sure including yourself, gave one fuck about him. The moment he got the Interscope machine behind him, a 50 Cent hook (which is damn near like a Nate Dogg hook nowadays) and a Dre beat, people hopped on the bandwagon. ANYONE in Game's posistion would've blown up, period.

Ozir

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Westside!
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2005, 11:07:36 AM »
http://comptongame.com/

^ Am I the only one that didn't know of this site?  :grumpy:

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2005, 11:28:02 AM »
Well, he sold more than Joe Buddens did in one week  ;D
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Trayvone

• 'G'
  • REPPIN NORTH LONG BEACH
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2005, 12:07:57 PM »
Crooked I, Sly Boogy, Ras Kass, Scipio, Trensetta, Planet Asia, Balance, Locksmith, Sick Jacken, Casual, Xzibit, Tash, Defari and plenty more are MUCH better lyrically than Game.

Bottom line, when Game was with Get Low, NOBODY, I'm sure including yourself, gave one fuck about him. The moment he got the Interscope machine behind him, a 50 Cent hook (which is damn near like a Nate Dogg hook nowadays) and a Dre beat, people hopped on the bandwagon. ANYONE in Game's posistion would've blown up, period.

Nobody gave a fuck about Game when he was with Get Low because nobody knew who he was. How can u care about someone who u don't even know about? I didn't hear Game until R Tistic posted up all of his songs over a year ago............And not ANYONE would have blown up in Games position. I don't care how ill of a lyricist u are, u gotta have some cross over appeal.

SGV

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2005, 12:49:42 PM »
^^Interscope made him a somebody. He'd still a nobody to all of you, even if he made songs like How We Do or Higher, if he wasn't with Interscope.

P Nelson

• 40 illa
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2005, 12:53:42 PM »
Obie Trice had the machine, the video with Eminem and the Nate Dogg hook/Dre beat but still didnt blow up that much... Truth Hurt had a big single and never sold that much either