Author Topic: Is it wrong to think that L.A. Hip Hop>>>>>>>>>The Bay???  (Read 453 times)

biggboyy2004

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Is it wrong to think that L.A. Hip Hop>>>>>>>>>The Bay???
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2005, 04:37:09 PM »
Id like to say, as a so cal representative, that the bay area is tight.  i used to sleep on the bay myself, way back in the day.  But you gotta spend time out there to know what its about, to hear some shit you wouldnt hear in LA.  The yay area is different than LA, but its cali.  Theyll claim the bay is the mecca of cali, and mean it for real.  Niggas from LA cant even comprehend that shit.  It should be all luv so i dont know what the fuck is up with all the disses and >> bullshit.  Shit, in my opinion, bay 2004 >> la, ie, sd 2004.  If it wasnt for pac, LA would have never been what it was.  And pac came from the bay.  I got nothin but luv for the bay.  Nuthin but luv for LA.  

And if you still believe LA is the best thing since slice bread, and that they hold cali down ...honestly, if you dont wanna look at quality, just record sales and representation, niggas from LA should be fuckin embarrased cuz LA aint did shit on the nation wide scale since 96.  Thats not really holdin it down.  Thats being shit on by the industry or putting out garbage.   We let that shit happen
IE

The Last Meal garbage? Chronic 2001? Streets is a mutha ???? Dillenger and Young Gotti? Bang or Ball? Restless?? Eastsidaz 1 and 2??? L.A. been dropping nothing but heat!!! WTF is you talking about??? L.A. been holding it down!!! If anybody was dropping garbage not holding the west down it has been the bay. Only E40 was doing any type of numbers!!!
If you wanna look at numbers, the west been eatin on peanuts compared to what the south and east doin.  Its a fact.  Yall doin a poor job holdin it down.  So cal wanna take the credit for being on top, then take the credit for being shitted on my the south and east
IE
IE

Westcoast Album certs since Pac died..........

Chronic 2001 = 7x Platinum
Restless =2x platinum
Tha Last Meal= 2x Platinum
Streets is a Mutha = Gold
The Eastsidaz= Platinum
PTCTBTB= 2x Platinum
Dueces and Treyz= Gold
War and Peace= Platinum
Bang or Ball= Gold
Rythmalism= Gold
Man vs MaCHINE= Gold
BEP= 2X Platinum
WSC = Platinum
R & G= Platinum on the way to 2x Platinum
The Documentary= Shipped 2x Platinum

How are these numbers not good for a coast not in the limelight??? BTW the retirement of Jay Z has shifted the light back to the west. The east is getting played out so it's L.A.'s time to shine!!!!WESTSIIIIIDE!!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 04:40:35 PM by biggboyy2004 »

biggboyy2004

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2005, 04:39:49 PM »
BTW ..... No one from the bay has went platinum since pac died!!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2005, 04:42:43 PM »
Man... fuck the numbers. California, in it's prime had both the Bay and LA doing big numbers. The Bay had the Luniz, 'Pac, Digitial Underground, I remember Paris on BET which for a controvercal rapper like him, is HUGe, and the Bay also had E-40 and Rappin' 4 Tay, I can go on and the Bay being huge, hell MC Hammer was straight out the Bay and he was the biggest star back then. LA was huge back then too. It's not like either one can't come up again, and more than likely, I hate to say this to you guys who don't like the Bay, the Bay actually has a greater chance of being big again than LA does of gaining the top spot in rap music. Now LA will always be one of the biggest places in rap, but the Bay will comeback before LA will be number 1. The Bay even gots a dance that I can see becoming big, all they need is someone to come out like fire and promote it all, and it's all she wrote.

I can't believe people are hating on the Bay, or LA. Straight up, LA has lots going for it, the Bay I think has more at the moment. I think LA though, has it's own style, it's own flow, and the rest of the country isn't interested in it anymore, but as a So Cal kid, I love it. I love LA rap, but I love and respect the Bay too. The Bay, it's different, but the Bay can easily find it's self back on top. Bay flow, Bay tempo of rap, it's very simular to New York and even the South.

The biggest thing holding down the Bay in the mainstream, which honesty I think is the best part of the Bay, it's independent hustle. Since most artist are independent, they get all their money, as oppose to being raped by a record lable. They have more creative freedom, LA is dominated by labels. Even our underground acts are on huge labels. You can't be heard in LA without a major deal, and getting raped. Ask Ras Kass. The Bay people are smarter, their hustle game is the best in the United States. They say Hammer get raped, spend all his money he had left, and the Bay was like, fuck this, we are doing this shit streets. The Bay is just one of those labels blowing up away from themselves blowing up. LA on the other hand is all big labels, and it's very hard to get started without a major label.

As I said before, the IE needs to follow the Bay model, because like LA is experiencing now, New York did in the early 90's and the South will find out soon, once your sound is out of touch with the rest of the country, the only people that will still buy your music is the local people, and if you are on a major label, they will rape you of any little sales you can pull off. Well everyone sleeps on the Bay now, their artist are doing just fine. I think the rest of the country should follow the Bay, and the IE should the most because here, our artist are not heard and we are all waiting to be picked up by a big label. If we get the Bay hustle game going, we wouldn't be heard on the radio in Texas or New York, but our artist will get paid for their music.

biggboyy2004

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2005, 04:49:25 PM »
Chronic 2001 sold more thna all bay albums released that year and the next!!!!

Like I said the bay makes decent music but......When it comes to appeal nationwide, The standard of the Westcoast,  and moving units...... L.A. will always be >>>>>>>>>>The bay.

In california the bay matters.

In California the bay drops classics locally.

Nationwide L.A. Is the only city to make hip hop classics and commercial success on the west!!! Period.

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2005, 05:09:38 PM »
It ain't never wrongs or rights when it's about tastes.

agreed
to me
bay rap>>>>>>>>la rap

acbaylove

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2005, 05:41:32 PM »
So your only argument is that L.A. is better cause Dr.Dre and The Game are selling millions and Bay rappers aint? ::)

allfromtheIE

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2005, 05:51:41 PM »
Id like to say, as a so cal representative, that the bay area is tight.  i used to sleep on the bay myself, way back in the day.  But you gotta spend time out there to know what its about, to hear some shit you wouldnt hear in LA.  The yay area is different than LA, but its cali.  Theyll claim the bay is the mecca of cali, and mean it for real.  Niggas from LA cant even comprehend that shit.  It should be all luv so i dont know what the fuck is up with all the disses and >> bullshit.  Shit, in my opinion, bay 2004 >> la, ie, sd 2004.  If it wasnt for pac, LA would have never been what it was.  And pac came from the bay.  I got nothin but luv for the bay.  Nuthin but luv for LA.  

And if you still believe LA is the best thing since slice bread, and that they hold cali down ...honestly, if you dont wanna look at quality, just record sales and representation, niggas from LA should be fuckin embarrased cuz LA aint did shit on the nation wide scale since 96.  Thats not really holdin it down.  Thats being shit on by the industry or putting out garbage.   We let that shit happen
IE

The Last Meal garbage? Chronic 2001? Streets is a mutha ???? Dillenger and Young Gotti? Bang or Ball? Restless?? Eastsidaz 1 and 2??? L.A. been dropping nothing but heat!!! WTF is you talking about??? L.A. been holding it down!!! If anybody was dropping garbage not holding the west down it has been the bay. Only E40 was doing any type of numbers!!!
If you wanna look at numbers, the west been eatin on peanuts compared to what the south and east doin.  Its a fact.  Yall doin a poor job holdin it down.  So cal wanna take the credit for being on top, then take the credit for being shitted on my the south and east
IE
IE

Westcoast Album certs since Pac died..........

Chronic 2001 = 7x Platinum
Restless =2x platinum
Tha Last Meal= 2x Platinum
Streets is a Mutha = Gold
The Eastsidaz= Platinum
PTCTBTB= 2x Platinum
Dueces and Treyz= Gold
War and Peace= Platinum
Bang or Ball= Gold
Rythmalism= Gold
Man vs MaCHINE= Gold
BEP= 2X Platinum
WSC = Platinum
R & G= Platinum on the way to 2x Platinum
The Documentary= Shipped 2x Platinum

How are these numbers not good for a coast not in the limelight??? BTW the retirement of Jay Z has shifted the light back to the west. The east is getting played out so it's L.A.'s time to shine!!!!WESTSIIIIIDE!!!!
Do you really want me to post numbers from the south and east coast dip shit?  Yall are really holdin it down, the last number 1 album from the west was a pac album.  And the one before that i think was a pac album.  (maybe 2001, but i think it was num 2)Now the documentary may be the sign of a new era.  But from 96-2005, westcoast cats aint been eatin.  Asks mack 10, wc,comrads,kurupt, tray dee, goldee.  They def aint eatin like thier counterparts down south or east coast.  Its peanuts.  And dont get me wrong, so cal gangsta shit is my favorite.  But they aint been holdin it down on a nationwide scale or even international.  Its an obvious fact, so i guess your just fuckin oblivious.
IE

biggboyy2004

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2005, 07:28:30 PM »
Not to Mention doe doe.....Up in smoke tour = #1 rap tour of all times!!!! Mack 10 Hoobangin Comp = <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=Gold&v=56">Gold</a>, Thicker than <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=water&v=56">water</a> sountrack = <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=Gold&v=56">Gold</a>, Bang or Ball = <a href="http://www.ntsearch.com/search.php?q=Gold&v=56">Gold</a>, and Terrorist Threats Platinum with one video!!! How is that not eating? Tyrese = Platinum many times!!!! L.A. Holding the west down!!! Who gives a fck about the south or the east? This about the Bay vs L.A.!!!

Oh yeah forgot!!! Warren G I want it all = Platinum!!!
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 07:30:33 PM by biggboyy2004 »

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2005, 09:00:37 PM »
So your only argument is that L.A. is better cause Dr.Dre and The Game are selling millions and Bay rappers aint? ::)

haha i was bout to say that

Albert619

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2005, 09:37:04 PM »
man im from San Diego and I tell you what I listen to alot of bay artists, I never lived there but I know more bay artist then san diego artist and as many as LA artist, but over all its california luv, biggboyy2004 just sounds like a fag, game came from the bay make sure u give JT and sean t there props for discovering the kid, I remember listening to game back in 99, these dickryderz need to give it up seriously shit gets old.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 09:38:48 PM by Albert619 »

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2005, 10:14:18 PM »
lol i think he made the same post on wcrydaz
http://forum.westcoastrydaz.com/showthread.php?t=44443

he got owned on the poll, most people voted for the bay

acbaylove

« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2005, 04:12:34 AM »
Ok, Overseer said there's "freedom of speech", lol. So let me say he's just a certified dickryder and a fucking clown. From now on i'll reply with a

:tosser:

to all of his messages. Do the same. ;D 8)

S.J

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2005, 07:18:48 AM »
Why cant people like both The BAY and L.A rap, i listen to both, i like both The Game and Yukmouth, you dont have to pick sides, there are loads of good bay rappers just as good as any from L.A

San Quinn
Equipto
Sky Balla
Ray Luv
Mac Mall
Paris
Jay Tee
Rappin 4-Tay
Rappin Ron
Seagram
T-Luni
Messy Marv
Nuttso
Guce
Andre Nickatina
Rondo
Cougnut
C-Fresh
Dru Down
Paris
Richie Rich
Celly Cel
Askari X
Hugh E MC
Cellski
Dubee AKA Sugawolf
Young Dru
Woodie
Dush Tray
Assassin
Young Lay
Brotha M.O.E
A-Wax
AP.9
The Jacka
C-Funk
But I'm a do it like this so your crew will know
Tie your leg to a car, tie the other to a pole
Talk shit and laugh cause I got the gift of gab
Hop in the car, hit the gas, watch your ass split in half
-Rappin Ron

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2005, 07:44:18 AM »
It's all Cali...

thatt's why the West has fallen off
fuck seperation, let's do the Ridney King thing, u know

let's get this SOCal/Norte thing back & poppin...
Unity

I'm from southern Cali....born & raised
loved all the great's from both L.A./Tha Bay
Too $hort
N.W.A.
Ice-T ect....(Inovator's)

I still remember when it was all Cali just tryin to make it in this business.
all the beef has killed our side....ImO

Just bump what like homie...
It's all about your taste.

Hatesrats 2oo0V

SGV

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2005, 09:03:16 AM »
Cube > Pac
Snoop < E-40
Dre > Ant Banks
Likwit = Hiero
Dogg Pound = Luniz
Ice-T = Too Short
Strong Arm Steady = New Bay

etc. etc. I can go on for days. It's virtually even. And I'm from L.A.