Author Topic: Is it wrong to think that L.A. Hip Hop>>>>>>>>>The Bay???  (Read 455 times)

biggboyy2004

• Muthafuckin' OG
Is it wrong to think that L.A. Hip Hop>>>>>>>>>The Bay???
« on: January 25, 2005, 09:26:39 AM »
Rappers                                         

Rass Kass
Crooked I
Game
Snoop
Dre
Cube
Quick
Kurupt
Daz
Eastwood
Sly Boogie

Producers

Fred wreck
Dre
Battlecat
Jellyroll
Quick
Warren G
Daz
Nu Jersey Devil
Meech wells

Who can match talent like that??? We have skilled rappers, Commercial success rappers, Dope producers and underground legends!!!

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
Re: Is it wrong to think that L.A. Hip Hop>>>>>>>>>The Bay???
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2005, 10:29:16 AM »
It's not wrong to think LA is better than the Bay. I'm from So Cal... and I like both, but like most So Cal people, not all but most, I prefer LA hip-hop. Though I respect the Bay's hustle, and I honestly think the I.E. should do what the Bay does. Now that we FINALLY got our own station in Wild 96, I think it's possible to try to model our I.E. hip-hop game after the Bay.

acbaylove

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2005, 10:33:41 AM »
The thing you dont understand is that to like and give props to L.A. is no wrong. I love L.A. rappers, the one you mentioned are legends. But you disrespected the Bay. You said 1 track by Game >>>>> than everything ever done in the Bay. You said that the Bay is only full of haters (just cause 3 of the got beef with Game.. lol the same one who said that if he doesnt have beef with someone, he'll create some, just for the fuck of it). That's totally different.

L.A. Hip-Hop is for sure >>> than Bay Area rap.

But dont hate.

BacktoWacko

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • HoodSTock!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2005, 11:42:08 AM »
Rappers                                         

Rass Kass
Crooked I
Game
Snoop
Dre
Cube
Quick
Kurupt
Daz
Eastwood
Sly Boogie

Producers

Fred wreck
Dre
Battlecat
Jellyroll
Quick
Warren G
Daz
Nu Jersey Devil
Meech wells

Who can match talent like that??? We have skilled rappers, Commercial success rappers, Dope producers and underground legends!!!
iz nu jersey devil LA?? why call them selve nu jersey links to new jersey...  is dre really west whoa... I thought he was east... ;D ;D ;D   but yeah LA is probably better maybe even the best of the best... if thats the list of LA

---Hiphop Harted taking it back to where it Started---
2004s Number 1...

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2005, 12:20:39 PM »
well 2pac is considered a bay area rapper (i know he was born in new york)

that would make bay > *

but since we are comparing rappers check this out

2pac
e40
spice 1
richie rich
yukmouth
san quinn
messy marv
andre nickatina
etc etc

yea la rappers been had sucessful but in terms of selling records, but selling records doesnt mean u are good, look at vanilla ice, nelly, etc

to me being good is not how much you sell

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2005, 12:21:56 PM »
The thing you dont understand is that to like and give props to L.A. is no wrong. I love L.A. rappers, the one you mentioned are legends. But you disrespected the Bay. You said 1 track by Game >>>>> than everything ever done in the Bay. You said that the Bay is only full of haters (just cause 3 of the got beef with Game.. lol the same one who said that if he doesnt have beef with someone, he'll create some, just for the fuck of it). That's totally different.

the truth right htere

biggboyy2004

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2005, 12:26:19 PM »
well 2pac is considered a bay area rapper (i know he was born in new york)

that would make bay > *

but since we are comparing rappers check this out

2pac
e40
spice 1
richie rich
yukmouth
san quinn
messy marv
andre nickatina
etc etc

yea la rappers been had sucessful but in terms of selling records, but selling records doesnt mean u are good, look at vanilla ice, nelly, etc

to me being good is not how much you sell

The only person on that list that's on the same level as L.A. is 2pac. Ice Cube >>>>>>Anybody else on that list!!!

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2005, 01:11:37 PM »
It ain't never wrongs or rights when it's about tastes.

acbaylove

« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2005, 01:15:28 PM »
It ain't never wrongs or rights when it's about tastes.

allfromtheIE

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2005, 01:23:34 PM »
Id like to say, as a so cal representative, that the bay area is tight.  i used to sleep on the bay myself, way back in the day.  But you gotta spend time out there to know what its about, to hear some shit you wouldnt hear in LA.  The yay area is different than LA, but its cali.  Theyll claim the bay is the mecca of cali, and mean it for real.  Niggas from LA cant even comprehend that shit.  It should be all luv so i dont know what the fuck is up with all the disses and >> bullshit.  Shit, in my opinion, bay 2004 >> la, ie, sd 2004.  If it wasnt for pac, LA would have never been what it was.  And pac came from the bay.  I got nothin but luv for the bay.  Nuthin but luv for LA.  

And if you still believe LA is the best thing since slice bread, and that they hold cali down ...honestly, if you dont wanna look at quality, just record sales and representation, niggas from LA should be fuckin embarrased cuz LA aint did shit on the nation wide scale since 96.  Thats not really holdin it down.  Thats being shit on by the industry or putting out garbage.   We let that shit happen
IE

biggboyy2004

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2005, 01:45:18 PM »
Id like to say, as a so cal representative, that the bay area is tight.  i used to sleep on the bay myself, way back in the day.  But you gotta spend time out there to know what its about, to hear some shit you wouldnt hear in LA.  The yay area is different than LA, but its cali.  Theyll claim the bay is the mecca of cali, and mean it for real.  Niggas from LA cant even comprehend that shit.  It should be all luv so i dont know what the fuck is up with all the disses and >> bullshit.  Shit, in my opinion, bay 2004 >> la, ie, sd 2004.  If it wasnt for pac, LA would have never been what it was.  And pac came from the bay.  I got nothin but luv for the bay.  Nuthin but luv for LA.  

And if you still believe LA is the best thing since slice bread, and that they hold cali down ...honestly, if you dont wanna look at quality, just record sales and representation, niggas from LA should be fuckin embarrased cuz LA aint did shit on the nation wide scale since 96.  Thats not really holdin it down.  Thats being shit on by the industry or putting out garbage.   We let that shit happen
IE

The Last Meal garbage? Chronic 2001? Streets is a mutha ???? Dillenger and Young Gotti? Bang or Ball? Restless?? Eastsidaz 1 and 2??? L.A. been dropping nothing but heat!!! WTF is you talking about??? L.A. been holding it down!!! If anybody was dropping garbage not holding the west down it has been the bay. Only E40 was doing any type of numbers!!!

acbaylove

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2005, 01:57:22 PM »
Man fuck the numbers!

BacktoWacko

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • HoodSTock!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2005, 02:03:11 PM »
hell yeah fuck numbers we want quality and real shit..

---Hiphop Harted taking it back to where it Started---
2004s Number 1...

young ozwald

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2005, 04:02:48 PM »
Balance
Skyballa
Mistah F.A.B.
Nuttso
Sean T
Studio Tone
Mike Mosley
DJ Darly
Messy Marv
Rick Rocc
Federation
The Team
Saffir
Shock G
Khyaree
Hieroglyphics
A plus
Yukmouth
The Regime
Luniz
E-40
JT Bigga Figga
Loot Pack
Rasco
EA SKI
2pac
Rasco
San Quinn - I can go on forever,  dont  Fuccin hate the bay.  Balance, Skyballa, The Team, Frontline, Mistah FAB, Keek da sneek is all getting looks from Majors
« Last Edit: January 25, 2005, 04:12:02 PM by young ozwald »

allfromtheIE

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2005, 04:24:47 PM »

IE

The Last Meal garbage? Chronic 2001? Streets is a mutha ???? Dillenger and Young Gotti? Bang or Ball? Restless?? Eastsidaz 1 and 2??? L.A. been dropping nothing but heat!!! WTF is you talking about??? L.A. been holding it down!!! If anybody was dropping garbage not holding the west down it has been the bay. Only E40 was doing any type of numbers!!!
If you wanna look at numbers, the west been eatin on peanuts compared to what the south and east doin.  Its a fact.  Yall doin a poor job holdin it down.  So cal wanna take the credit for being on top, then take the credit for being shitted on my the south and east
IE
IE