Author Topic: My feelings about Snoop  (Read 413 times)

Spicemuthafuc*in1

My feelings about Snoop
« on: February 03, 2005, 07:48:05 PM »
Snoop is horrible, he is plain horrible! I am sorry but it's the truth I dont know how any hardcore snoop fan can say anything positive about his music these days.  I know he is a legend and back in the day he was godlike on the mic but he hasnt put out a good album since 93 (last meal was much better than his last 2 but still not that good) and since 2000 i dont even think i have liked 1 verse that he has laid down in any song that he was featured on.

his rhymes now are so basic and simple its funny, and dont even get me started on the lets get blown video or song, snoop has shown he will do anything for the dolla and thats fine but usually i dont expect westcoast rap fans to support that shit if it effects your music and no one can argue that snoop going pop has tremendousley crushed his quiality in music.

Alot of you guys are so quick to shit on a guy like kurupt when he releases something new but snoop continues to get worse and worse and you guys continue to praise him and praise him.

kurupt comes out with that new song stalkin and everyone dogs it but yet those same people think drop it like its hot or lets get blown is tight?? give me a fucken break, i dont understand why snoop doesnt get dogged more for his music these days.

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
Re: My feelings about Snoop
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 07:49:12 PM »
i dont wana read what you write.. but .. about snoop.. how much money can a person want.. like isnt respect more important to him, than money that he already has a shitload of.. like he knows hes dropping corny shit..

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2005, 07:50:43 PM »
why dont you want to read what i wrote?
and why reply if you aint even going to read it

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 08:02:54 PM »
hey ur subject to your opinion but back in the day when it was about MAKING money he was making good music...now that he has the cash its more about maintaining fans with music. I mean he was tight at a point to most but u think different and it doesnt bother me that you do.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 08:07:13 PM »
Yeah I understand that but the thing is I used to love snoop and thats why i just get pissed when i hear his music nowadays.

we all know doggystle was a classic, all his dpg shit was great but for the last 4,5 years he has been horrible in my opinion. i meen if i want to hear that kind of music i could listen to nelly or justin timberlake and it just sucks as a hardcore rap fan that snoop is on that level.

topdogg187

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2005, 08:30:12 PM »
Snoop has been my favorite rapper for a long time and he still is. He still drops hot ass tracks and jsut because R&G wasn't westcoast doesnt mean it wasn't a good cd. It is gettin very good ratings and i bet it will be nominated for a lot of awards. Snoop has changed over the years and so has his music, but IMO Snoop still drops hits like nothing and is still one of the greatest rappers of all time!

DAYUM

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2005, 08:32:45 PM »
snoop is at his prime so quit bitchin

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2005, 10:10:39 PM »
what the fuck are you talking about?? how is snoop at his prime you have to be kidding me. he is still making money and selling tons of records but i dont listen to rap because of that i judge rappers on SKILLS and therefore to me snoop is far from his prime.

its ok to say you love snoop and always will but if you are telling me that right now hes in his prime then you are a idiot or your in deinial. give me fuckin break homie

I am curios, how many snoop fans think he is in his prime right now and why??

Suga Foot

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2005, 10:19:56 PM »
I've come to realize that he will never make another Doggystyle, I think a lot of people still have to really realize that.  Once you do, you'll be able to enjoy his music for what it is, not what it could be. 

I admire him for changing with the times, he's been on top for over 10 years, he gains new fans with every album.  I definitly don't think he's one of the best rappers out right now, but I'll continue checkin for him as long as he keeps making music.

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2005, 10:24:54 PM »
yeah thats true he is never going to make another doggystyle and its tough for him because alot of people expect him to.

i just think he could have done better with his last 2 albums, but fuck if his goal was to sell records then he achieved that.

i meen i aint hating i have felt a ton of the shit snoop has done and  i still get goosebumps listening to his verse on downtown assassins but i just think he should do a better job of bringing up underground westcoast artists and i think he could do a better job rapping

Makaveli R.I.P.

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Exit Tupac......enter Makaveli
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 03:14:20 AM »
He only wants 2 make more $$$!!

"I'm watching how he walked through the door. The way he sounded, the delivery.......all of it turned me on." - Dr. Dre about The Game
"50 ain't gangsta, Lloyd Banks ain't gansta, Yayo ain't gangsta, Young Buck u know u ain't gangsta...."

madsamoan

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 09:06:30 AM »
"Doggystyle" is a classic and it's hard to top something like that, period. As for Snoop, personally he's not been that good as far as putting out music like he used to when her first came out.But you always have a choice, you can buy his albums or not.Me? I prefer not to anymore.The last Snoop albums  i bought was "Paid Tha Cost..." and "Tha Last Meal".

You have the freedom to choose.

::Mr. Hahn::

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2005, 09:20:08 AM »
Its true, Snoop is a shadow of what he once was.

However.

So he's not as hardcore as he was.

So he's not with Dre like before.

So he's changed his style....

But its about changing with the times, and maybe its time he did what he did.

I mean, commercially, his latest album is a great success. He's reaching out to fans he never had before.

E.g. My little cousin, whose in year 8, her friends all love Snoops latest album. So what if its poppy? Hes too old to be gangsta. Hes not gangbangin n e more...

Currently Training at:
www.VT1GYM.com

Gang Starr

"But they can't take the respect, that I've earned in my lifetime
And you know they'll never stop the furious force of my rhymes
So like they say, every dog has it's day
And like they say, God works in a mysterious way
So I pray, remembering the days of my youth
As I prepare to meet my moment of truth"

SHOTGUN

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • If it ain't Compton, it ain't nuttin'
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2005, 09:58:52 AM »
I aint got shit against Snoop. I got luv for dat nigga. Bacc in the day when he was wit Dre he was truly on top. I cant say da same for today. alot of niggas say he a phony. i know he aint gangsta. he's never been. but he's givin niggas alot of love and i respect dat. givin real Crip homies jobs and shit. if i was rappin i'd love to have Snoop on it.
and we aint tellin u to be a Crip or dat otha thang..whateva dat is..u know

DPG4Life

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2005, 11:26:10 AM »
i dont wana read what you write.. but .. about snoop.. how much money can a person want.. like isnt respect more important to him, than money that he already has a shitload of.. like he knows hes dropping corny shit..

posting without reading a very few lines?
kinda ignorant to me... :-\