Author Topic: Kanye throws hissy fit back stage at the grammys/denouncing george michael.  (Read 303 times)

Drudge

• Muthafuckin' OG
Kanye West wonders if anyone saw George Michael's video
Updated at 14:38 on February 14, 2005, EST.

(CP) - Fresh off his three Grammy wins and a riveting performance, rapper Kanye West stirred up some controversy backstage wondering why he wasn't nominated in the producer of the year category.

"I didn't understand that," exclaimed West, whose credits include Alicia Keys and Jay-Z.

"But being that I got the most nominations it would just seem out of place to say 'Well, what about producer of the year?' But that really was at the back of my mind."

Best producer went to John Shanks. His credits this year included Alanis Morissette's So-Called Chaos and Ashlee Simpson's Autobiography.

West often gets into trouble making comments backstage at awards shows. He lashed out against Dick Clark and the American Music Awards saying they should have never invited him to perform if they weren't going to give him a trophy.

West said his team entered as many Grammy categories as possible to ensure at least one win.

"They put me down for everything ... album packaging, video of the year, everything!" he said.

"The nominations for video of the year are crazy. It's no videos you've ever seen before, like George Michael. Did ya'll know he had a video?"

U2's Vertigo took the category.

When asked about having won three of a possible 10, he quipped: "I would have preferred 10." 

West is a good producer but damn, why give a flying fuck at a rolling donut if you don't win an award. On the other hand, he is telling the truth about George Michael. Who the hell knew he had a video? ???

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
fuck kanye

chronic01

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • StR8 Westcoast
people talk about 50 being cocky
i gotta say kayne throws the biggest bitch tantrums in the hip hop game

Don Seer

kanye always been over confident..

Minkaveli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Scott Storch is gonna be best 2005 hip hop producer.  Look at the Busta song.  Hope he is not a bitch like Kanye
"Now you're facing me, I'm your ultimate challenger.  It's the avenger, your fate is on my calendar"-Guru from "So What's Up"

Sikotic™

I knew it went to his head when he gave his Best Rap Album speech. His cockiness will backfire on him in the long run.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mr. Humonculous

Hes a bitch

GangstaBoogy

lol the album aint even that hot. besides the singles, only songs i really got into were "Never Let You Down" and "Get Em High"
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

E. J. Rizo

thats a straight bitch move.....fuck kanye he has always been cocky and over confident and shit....these mutha fuckas think they are god and shit and no one out there is better....

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
If Kanye won producer of the year I'd lose even more respect for the Grammys, and I already have next to none. This guy's a fucking waste. All he does is loop old soul songs and give them a chipmunk affect. He damn near ruined Alicia Keys' entire album with that joke of an instrumental for the first single. Then he goes and rags on George Michael, a guy that has 100000000000x the musical talent, in his right pinky's finger nail, that Kanye could ever dream of having. He wants to know why no one saw the George Michael video? Because the big shots at Sony don't pay for air time for Michael's video like the big shots at Universal did for Kanye's. He actually thinks his videos were good. Kanye's videos were only good by comparison because 99% of rap videos today are the exact same so when one guy releases one that isn't like the others people automatically think it's good. Well, it's not. The fact he got one nomination was a joke to begin with. Oh well, come 2008 no one will remember who Kanye is anyway.

Sikotic™

Re: Kanye throws hissy fit back stage at the grammys/denouncing george michael.
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2005, 06:03:22 PM »
The George Michael video was dope. Kanye only watches MTV and BET so he doesn't know what the fuck else is out.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

authentic

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »
interesting, ya well thats kanyes personality. Well thats basically every rappers personality, except they dont express as openly as kanye seems to do it

RZARECTA

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Witty Unpredictable-Talent And Natural Game
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2005, 06:30:54 PM »
kanye needs to get that estrogen outta him

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2005, 10:13:55 PM »
he reminds me of a spoiled brat.
his whole line about "people want to know what i'd do if i didn't win .....i guess we'll never know" thing was GAY

anyways Dr. Dre will win producer of the year next year

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

js83

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2005, 10:31:50 PM »
kanye needs to get that estrogen outta him