Author Topic: 4 Years Later....Dillinger and Young Gotti...  (Read 558 times)

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
Re: 4 Years Later....Dillinger and Young Gotti...
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2005, 07:52:10 PM »
4/5

Sick album, not disappointed in the least bit. 2-3 skippables , and not cuz its wack, i just wasnt feelin the vibe of the track

overall, it goes toe to toe with Streetz iz a Mutha,
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

187Proof

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2005, 08:20:23 PM »
This is def a dope album...I can think of a good 10 tracks from the album that are complete BANGERS! I haven't heard anyone mention "Best Run" fea. Beanie Siegel & Roscoe...that track is banannas!

Acgrundy

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2005, 08:26:11 PM »
This is def a dope album...I can think of a good 10 tracks from the album that are complete BANGERS! I haven't heard anyone mention "Best Run" fea. Beanie Siegel & Roscoe...that track is banannas!

yes, I love best runs, my second fav track after the daz solo song - here we are go killem.  I really like this album, although I haven't listened to it in years, I need to give it a listen soon, although all my albums are packed up right now, so it will be awhile.  I luved this album when it came out, in no way was it a dissapointment to me.  I just listened to Treat Me Like a Lady for the first time in a long while on Kurupts greatests hits, and I gotta say that is quite a banger, I luv the beat.

Best Runs
Dipp Wit Me
Here We are Go Killem
At Night
Party at my house
My heart don't pump no fear

those are my fav's that I can remember off the top of my head.

Bojakabo

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BOJAKaBOOOO
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2005, 02:49:03 AM »
this album is a banger 4 sho...still listen to it

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2005, 08:41:37 AM »
it woulda been better if it was newly recorded material, but it was just a bunch of old death row left overs

...what the fuck are you talkin about,dogg pound 2002?

to an extent this is true... many of these tracks are the infamous masters daz stole whem he bounced from deathrow for good....
which explains why some of these songs also appear on dogg pound 2002... he had mike dean tweak the beats and kurupt and daz polished up he lyrics and they released it as dillinger and gotti, not all of  dillenger and gotti was left overs though...daz managed to spread it around a little bit, RAW was definently those amongst the masters daz bounced with as was soopafly's solo joint....
daz even reused some of them for "the last of the pound"

daggo

• 'G'
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2005, 08:58:57 AM »
dilli&yg came out in may 2001,

classic LP IMO,
better than Dogg Food.

topshotta

« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2005, 01:04:58 PM »
Yeah Big Bpg always on point. It's funny cause a couple of weeks ago, I also popped this album again for the first time since like around the time it came out and also got amazed by how dope the album really is. And how it's somewhat of a farewell of an era. The vibe Mike D. creates on Coastin and a couple of other tracks, but especially on Coastin, is just astonishing! Woof! The first minute of the track is mind blowin to me! There's a bunch of less mind blowin tracks and one really bad, but hey disregarding 3-4 whack tracks this album is the best album Daz&Kurupt has put together after the Deathrow-days!

from the yay

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2005, 06:24:42 PM »
the original dont stop ,with nas was the only track on last of the pound that had been on dogg pound 2002... a few of the songs on dillinger & young gotti were improved upon versions of shit from the final row days,but the majority is some shit they put together with mike dean.

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2005, 02:22:15 AM »
this album is a banger 4 sho...still listen to it

jory

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2005, 05:09:44 AM »
damn 4 years since that came out.man i wish k&d where still on the same wavelenth

Wballz

• Lil Geezy
  • thadogghouse.com
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2005, 06:26:44 AM »
not a bad album, but the beats were too hard for me, needed more smoother beats imo

love coastin ;)