Author Topic: Who is the greatest singer of all time?  (Read 341 times)

DAYUM

Re: Who is the greatest singer of all time?
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2005, 07:12:03 PM »
Salena lol

music is like magic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2005, 10:20:15 PM »
^ thats why we call u an idiot,
and this is why i call you a bitch you faggot this thread sucked when you posted hate you faggot ass mother fucker. whiteboy if you got  a problem with me let do it but quit hating on posts all your doing is getting more posts and nothing accomplished you bitch. :-*

Christoffer_

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2005, 05:37:43 AM »
Linkin park, Whitney Houston? LOL
Nobody could fuck with Freddie Mercury on the vocals. Nobody has the range, emotion and control that he had. He could sing anything, he could scream, whisper, sing falsetto perfectly, sing in a unbelievable high pitch.. as I said, just about anything. Listen to tracks like love of my life, bohemian rhapsody, barcelona, hammer to fall, time, don`t stop me now, good old fashioned lover boy, teo torriate

Trauma-san

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2005, 05:54:00 AM »
Whitney Houston is twice the singer Freddie Mercury was, and Freddie was great.  What's that make Whitney?

Don Seer

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2005, 05:55:43 AM »
black?

(therefore infinite will agree for once...)

Christoffer_

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2005, 06:09:59 AM »
she has a good voice, but I think you need to study music some more. Twice the singer as Freddie? You abviously don`t know what youre talking about. Ignorance is bliss

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2005, 07:57:18 AM »
Whitney Houston is twice the singer Freddie Mercury was, and Freddie was great.  What's that make Whitney?

She's still not better than Elvis. Whitney was a great technical sound, but she lacked the raw emotion behind that voice. There was no note she coul not hit, but it was like her voice was programmed by a computer. People like Elvis and Aretha felt the song and let those emotions sing it. People like Whitney, Mariah, and Michael Bolton learned how to sing and then try and sing those emotions. Big difference. For example, Jimi Hendrix was not as technically sound as Yngwie Malmsteen. There are things on the guitar that Yngwie can do that Jimi would probably trip up even attempting. However Jimi played with emotion and let that emotion guide his playing. Yngwie could never duplicate what Jimi did because he doesn't have it inside him.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2005, 10:51:13 AM »
Frank Sinatra
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

'EclipZe

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2005, 12:01:59 PM »
Freddie Mercury.

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2005, 03:17:57 PM »

Overrated. Like a lot of bands you like. If not, all.

I'd go with Mike Patton. He had style, a great technical sound, creativity. The dude could even scream like a grindcore pro, rap with more energy than most rappers and could do so much with his voice.

There are other singers I like quite a lot, though. Lou Reed (Velvet Underground) , Ian Curtis (Joy Division) Thom York(Radiohead), Jello Biafra (Dead Kennedys), Maynard James Keenan (Tool/A Perfect Circle), Dez Cadena (Black Flag/DC3), Thurston Moore (Sonic Youth). But not because of their technical ability, but their sound. I'm not someone who cares much for technical ability or talent, if it sounds good, it's good. Talent just helps, if needed.

Oh yeah. Another great singer would be Rob Halford from Judas Priest.