Author Topic: Radiohead  (Read 181 times)

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
Radiohead
« on: March 09, 2005, 03:42:38 PM »
As you might have noticed by my signature, I like Radiohead (they're probably my favorite, second favorite or third favorite band). But, I have trouble deciding which one of their albums is better. To me, it's either OK Computer or Kid A. Closely followed by Amnesiac.

Since I got into them, my favorite song of theirs is Let Down (the countless layers of accoustic guitars are awesome). My second favorite probably being Idioteque. Knives Out, There There, Kid A and Paranoid Android, all being close.

Anyway, do you like Radiohead? What your favorite song/album of theirs? Discuss Radiohead and how much they rock.

And yes, I do realize they're a pretentious band, I don't care, they're awesome.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
Re: Radiohead
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 04:51:27 PM »
Good stuff. I love readiohead, they're one of my favorite bands. I think their most accessible album is OK computer, but the coolest one has to be Amnesiac. I think all 5 of their latest albums has somethin special about htem and they're all amazing
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 05:38:28 PM »
They got good shit. I've only heard Kid A so far and it's very good.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 06:27:34 PM »
Their best album is The Bends. I don't know how you can say that it's between Kid A and OK Computer. Although their best song is on OK Computer (Paranoid Android).

Of course you did say Sonic Youth is better than the Beatles, so calling any radiohead album better than the Bends isn't that bad after saying that.

ecrazy

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 06:49:04 PM »
I Just got Kid A and that album is awesome....didnt really follow much into them, just heard/watched some kinda Radiohead Kid A mix a thon on this show called Are-Oh-Vee (Orange county people know bout this)......Went and picked up the album after that....My favorite Radiohead track is Idioteque.....havent heard any other radioheads other than that...seen videos, but havent really followed them, their a good band just off hearing Kid A though

Murrow

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 07:09:46 PM »
My dream is to see Radiohead live.  Everyone says Ok Comp is the best, but Hail got me really into them.

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2005, 01:00:12 AM »
does anyone want me to hook up a zip file with my fav. Radiohead tracks? It will probably be about 120mb, 20 tracks or so
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)

Mindless Minority

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • England on Tour
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2005, 04:14:22 AM »
Talkshow Host is a classic song but they always come across as been dreary and suicidal.
Well she moved in ways
That kept her there in our minds for days
Weeks and months it was
I was that amazed and there she stays
Surrounded by the what-ifs and the maybes

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2005, 06:14:19 AM »
my first album was Pablo Honey, and i don´t really have them all. The Bends is indeed great, and IMO so is OK Computer. Those are prolly my favs, Hail, Amnesiac and Kid A are all very good, at times astonishing, too

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 01:51:36 PM »
does anyone want me to hook up a zip file with my fav. Radiohead tracks? It will probably be about 120mb, 20 tracks or so
ye that would be dope
i like them ,but they get a lil boring sometimes, maybe im not lisening to the good tracks, my fav track by them is karma police

The New Pollution

• Lil Geezy
  • > You
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 02:25:21 PM »
Of course you did say Sonic Youth is better than the Beatles, so calling any radiohead album better than the Bends isn't that bad after saying that.

The Bends was great, but it paved the way for better things to come. The Bends is still great, though. And yeah, Sonic Youth fucking rule.

I think their most accessible album is OK computer

What? I'm guessing you a haven't heard Pablo Honey, right? Because that's easily their most accesible album. Followed by the Bends. Pablo Honey's ok, though. Nothing spectacular. The songs on that album work best when they're performed with acoustisc guitars - "You (Live, acoustic)" is great, the album verson, however, is rather weak.

The Bends is kind of a pre-OK Computer album.

Kid A isn't very accesible if you're into nothing but rock music, but electronica fans would like it. And considering I like Seefeel, Autechre, Boards Of Canada and Aphex Twin, I like Kid A.

And if anyone's planning to get into Radiohead, their best songs are;

Let Down
No Suprises
Black Star
My Iron Lung
You (live and acoustic)
Subterranean Homesick Alien
Idioteque
Kid A
Paranoid Android
There There
Knives Out
Packt Like Sardines Crushed A Tin Box
The National Anthem
Everything In Its Right Place
Lucky
Airbag
The Gloaming

Scribe

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 07:19:49 AM »
Hard to pick a favoruite album, as there all so unique and good in there own way, but overall my favourite is O.K. Computer. Talk Show Host and Exit Music (For A Film) are probably joint best for me. Saw them live a few years ago and they blew me away, (14,000 fans singing Karma Police was just immense).
"Without The Elements It's All Irrelevent" Jurassic 5

"This world better acknowledge me I'm over ambitious
Do almost anything to rob a genie for his wishes." 57th Dynasty

"We didn't give a toss about money, fame or stardom
Just about the culture, the music, slang and jargon." Blak Twang

"Freedom Is A Road Seldom Travelled By The Multitude" Public Enemy

"If Ignorance Is Bliss Then Knock The Smile Of My Face" Zach De La Rocha

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 08:56:11 AM »
Radiohead  :puke:

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 08:58:55 AM »

please explain (based on actual arguments)

doubletrouble™

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • .. ChErch! ..
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 09:01:01 AM »

please explain (based on actual arguments)

I'm just messing around man i don't even know who Radiohead is i just learned about this group when i saw this thread i'm just messing around....... :)