Author Topic: I thought obie trice was supposed to drop in may?  (Read 303 times)

BIG.DADDY

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • back da fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up
I thought obie trice was supposed to drop in may?
« on: April 14, 2005, 10:57:11 AM »
I still havent heard a single or any details on the new cd. I think cheers was slept on. I just got through listening to welcome to detroit and it got me thinking about some new obie shit.

chronicad

• 'G'
Re: I thought obie trice was supposed to drop in may?
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2005, 04:09:01 PM »
cant wait till he drops though

Elevz

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 12:31:51 PM »
Do you remember when's the last time an album on Aftermath or any of their sublabels dropped, without ever being delayed? Oh, that never happened.

Don't expect Obie to drop any time soon...

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 02:06:48 PM »
funny thing about obie is he had great production on cheers and even spit some nice lines, but he couldnt carry a whole song, it'l be interesting to see if he stepped up on the mic this time around or gone totally wrong tryna appeal abit mo on a track

ecrazy

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 02:11:48 PM »
funny thing about obie is he had great production on cheers and even spit some nice lines, but he couldnt carry a whole song, it'l be interesting to see if he stepped up on the mic this time around or gone totally wrong tryna appeal abit mo on a track

What are you talkin about? Obies Flow was superb on most of the tracks, the great production helped as well, IMO obies CD is waaay better than any G-unit Release out there, its just that people are into gangstas and shit that they sleep on good music

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 02:36:47 PM »

What are you talkin about? Obies Flow was superb on most of the tracks, the great production helped as well, IMO obies CD is waaay better than any G-unit Release out there, its just that people are into gangstas and shit that they sleep on good music

bullshit, he spits nice shit but he cant hold a track down for 4 minutes, cheers was a album where the beats were sick and i was just waiting for whos next to spit...........young buck, 50's grodt, games album when he was on g-unit are all wayy better than this

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 12:36:16 AM »
didnt know he had an album comin out......if and when it comes out ima buy it.......cheers was definetly slept on....

Capo Di Tutti I Capi

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 06:42:11 AM »
His first album was tight, im hoping this will be even better

The Watcher

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2005, 07:56:44 AM »
cheers is one of the best albums to drop from the aftermath/shady/g-unit stable
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

red

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2005, 05:19:23 AM »

Real talk

notorious^q8I

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • KUWAITI........
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2005, 08:12:01 AM »
cheers is the best album that came from shady records
coulda been a classic if they changed like 3-5 songs
obie held his own on the album
i hope his album drops some time soon but i cant see it coming any time in 2005 maybe early 2006
i remember in late 2004 they said green lantren is dropping his mixtape album
and the first single was supposed to sample on of mc eight's songs and had obie and game

CLASSIC.... west is BACK

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2005, 02:09:14 PM »
cheers is one of the best albums to drop from the aftermath/shady/g-unit stable
the best till STATLANTA drops

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2005, 04:03:13 PM »
man if y'all think obie is some amazing lyricist y'all need to check out mo shit......

lets see whats been better that cheeers

2001 - 5 mics

mmlp - 4.5...4.75....kinda somewhere between that

grodt-the documentary - 4.25

slim shady lp - welcome to cashville - 8 mile cd - 4 mics

eminem show - massacre - 3.75....

cheers....3.5...mics

gotta disagree......if y'all think obies shit is better than others cuz of his lyrics.......then y'all lost.....his a nice lyricist...but nothing amazing, similar to many others in the aftermath/gunit/shady machine....

BigBDrugStores

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2005, 04:18:27 PM »
who cares bout mics?

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2005, 04:22:08 PM »
^^^thats not off the source foo.....i aint into no dickridin bullshit.......that there is just facts(imo) of albums which are better than cheers......

y'all dont know much about good music, rhythm...how to get ya head poppin if u think cheers is better than alot of those i mentioned...

theres atleast 7-8 cd's whic have easily been better....one of the best to drop....naaaaaaa

maybe on shady records alone, as all they ever drop is d12 cds....but as a whole......no......

shady records makes the worst and most rigid music outta the three camps combined......if u take out ems records
« Last Edit: April 18, 2005, 04:24:22 PM by LyRiCaL_G »