Author Topic: Batman Begins  (Read 904 times)

Trauma-san

Re: Batman Begins
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2005, 10:07:44 PM »
Great movie, I just got back from seeing it.  They changed a lot of things for the better, which I was happy to see.  The batmobile which I was at first skeptical about, was pretty cool.

SPOILER:

I like the subtle changes they made, to make it more true to the comic.  For instance, Batman doesn't whisper all the time now, he yells and screams in people's faces, that's the Dark Knight from the comic books, less mysterious, but more aggressive.  The touch at the end with Gordon was of course what I was waiting for the whole movie (particularly during the Arkaham escape), so that was nice.  Ultimately I think it was brave to use Ras al Ghul as your lead villian, I can't believe they pulled that off so well, because he's so un-comic... you'd think they'd stick with guys like the Scarecrow and such, but they pulled it off very well.  Michael Caine is perfect as Alfred.  Morgan Freeman was a delight to watch, like always.  Bale pulled it off, too.  The only real qualm I have with the movie is I'm not crazy about the design of the new mask, but eh. 

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 01:05:14 AM »
The new mask does make his face look fat, but whatever, great fuckin movie. I actually like it better than the first Batman. The new joker won't be able to top Jack Nicholson, but it will be a great movie. Best movie of the summer so far. We gotta see how War of the Worlds plays out.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Kal EL

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 07:37:46 AM »
i think that this new joker will be written like the REAL joker from the comics and not some over the top cat. this next joker like the new batman is one for the books if they cast whose been mentioned.

Trauma-san

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 07:59:09 AM »
I dunno, I think the Joker from the comic books is much more over the top than Jack Nicholson was. 

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 08:02:39 AM »

i read in the paper that mark hamill is down to play the joker in the follow up.. he already does the voices for the cartoon

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2005, 08:07:54 AM »
Thank god, finally more work for him.  That would be great!

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 08:10:09 AM »
he's always worked.. just a lot of TV and voice stuff especially cartoons.. he's done some quite big toon roles... . :(

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000434/

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 08:34:28 AM »
i think that this new joker will be written like the REAL joker from the comics and not some over the top cat. this next joker like the new batman is one for the books if they cast whose been mentioned.

Who's the "real" Joker? Over the past 65 years between Batman issue 1 where Joker debuted and Batman issue 615 where Joker supposively kills Batsy's childhood friend, where Bats almost kills Joker, the Joker character has changed so many times. There is no continuity over the past 60+ years. They could make the Joker anything from a soft spoken pure evil maniac to an laughing clown that is more or less harmless and still claim to be true to the comic. As long as it works in the next movie, I'll be fine with it.

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 08:39:16 AM »
^ all the old comics are irrelevant because it's pre-crisis.

Anyways, Mark Hamill would be good for it, but O all he's done is a bunch of Cartoons! I'm talking real video acting, not voice acting.  It'll be cool to SEE him again. 

Don Seer

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 09:04:51 AM »
oh he did that game.. Wing Commander.. it was weird seeing him in that!..

poor guy's typecast as luke skywalker...

even worse.. he opted to be paid for star wars instead of getting a percentage as he thought the film would flop!... doh!!!

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 09:41:45 AM »
so is there going to be another one, am i gettting that right, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Trauma-san

« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 09:42:31 AM »
^ The percentage thing is the way to go! I didn't know they did that back then.

Tom Cruise made a fortune off of Mission Impossible by doing it that way, then Will Smith did it the same with with Ali. 

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2005, 07:57:37 PM »
think this one will be better then the `1st?

ToOoOoN!!!

« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2005, 08:23:41 PM »
the 2 first batman movie was pretty dope,they where directed by Tim Burton and when they change director...it fell off

Garth Brooks

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • We Shall Be Free
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005, 08:53:26 PM »
its ight but they need a superman remake