Author Topic: ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW!!!  (Read 454 times)

Trauma-san

Re: ECW! ECW! ECW! ECW!!!
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2005, 10:11:34 PM »
I liked several things about the ppv.

First, I liked how everybody thinks they were shoot promos.  Here's a clue: If they SAY it's a shoot on the show, then it's most definately not a shoot.

Second, Paul Heyman's stuff was funny, but I thought Edge was pretty funny too.  For instance.

Paul Heyman said, I got just two words for ya, "Matt, Friekin, Hardy!"

The crowd goes "OOOOOOOhhhhhh"

and Edge looks at Bischoff, and holds up 3 fingers, Matt Hardy's little hand gesture that he always did.  That was twice as funny as anything Heyman said all night.

The matches were all very well done, except for the main event which went beyond silly and all the way to rediculous on the 'lets cram a bunch of bullshit into the last match' meter. 

Chris Jericho owns wrestling, lol.

Super Crazy was awesome.

I love the Sandman, he always does the most akward, I'm a drunk and I'm gonna fuck this up but I'll do it anyways becuase I don't give a fuck moves. 

Typical Sandman style:

Enters ring, trips over his own feet, stumbles, then grabs the table they've laid there... sets it up, smashing his hand accidentally along the way, pants fall down about 6 inches as he stumbles to the corner, grabs his opponent, and meaning to throw him through the table, slips and falls headfirst into the table leg as his opponent falls through the table and accidentally under the bottom rope.

He's just hilarious to watch, because he fucks up SO MUCH, but it ends up working anyways.  Craziest shit I've ever seen, I CANNOT BELIEVE he hasn't been seriously injured as much as he botches moves and shit, he ALWAYS lands wrong, always fucks up and does stuff for real, always clumsily fucks something up.  Plus, he's usually so drunk he can't even see the ring, and drinks 4 or 5 beers between the locker room and the squared circle every match. 

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2005, 01:24:38 AM »
^that's dope lol^

peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

ecrazy

« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2005, 02:03:54 AM »

First, I liked how everybody thinks they were shoot promos. Here's a clue: If they SAY it's a shoot on the show, then it's most definately not a shoot.

Second, Paul Heyman's stuff was funny, but I thought Edge was pretty funny too. For instance.

and Edge looks at Bischoff, and holds up 3 fingers, Matt Hardy's little hand gesture that he always did. That was twice as funny as anything Heyman said all night.

The matches were all very well done, except for the main event which went beyond silly and all the way to rediculous on the 'lets cram a bunch of bullshit into the last match' meter.

Chris Jericho owns wrestling, lol.

Super Crazy was awesome.

I love the Sandman, he always does the most akward, I'm a drunk and I'm gonna fuck this up but I'll do it anyways becuase I don't give a fuck moves.

Typical Sandman style:

Enters ring, trips over his own feet, stumbles, then grabs the table they've laid there... sets it up, smashing his hand accidentally along the way, pants fall down about 6 inches as he stumbles to the corner, grabs his opponent, and meaning to throw him through the table, slips and falls headfirst into the table leg as his opponent falls through the table and accidentally under the bottom rope.

He's just hilarious to watch, because he fucks up SO MUCH, but it ends up working anyways. Craziest shit I've ever seen, I CANNOT BELIEVE he hasn't been seriously injured as much as he botches moves and shit, he ALWAYS lands wrong, always fucks up and does stuff for real, always clumsily fucks something up. Plus, he's usually so drunk he can't even see the ring, and drinks 4 or 5 beers between the locker room and the squared circle every match.

I saw the sandman in what was his supposed last wrestling match when he wrestled for XPW, and supercrazy as well, Super Crazy is off the chain, and the sandman i saw wrestling was somewhat flawless, i guess he didnt drink the night i saw him wrestle...but yea, i wanna see this ppv bad now that everyone is hypin it up

bez

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2005, 05:03:16 AM »

First, I liked how everybody thinks they were shoot promos.  Here's a clue: If they SAY it's a shoot on the show, then it's most definately not a shoot.

Second, Paul Heyman's stuff was funny, but I thought Edge was pretty funny too.  For instance.

and Edge looks at Bischoff, and holds up 3 fingers, Matt Hardy's little hand gesture that he always did.  That was twice as funny as anything Heyman said all night.

I think Edge was holding 3 fingers up because Matt Frecking Hardy is three words and not 2.  You even saw Edge say "thats 3 words" to Bischoff.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2005, 07:26:48 AM »

I think Edge was holding 3 fingers up because Matt Frecking Hardy is three words and not 2.  You even saw Edge say "thats 3 words" to Bischoff.

Yeah, it was 3 fingers for 3 words definately. He wasn't doing the Matt Hardy sign.

And Trauma; they were shoot promos in a sense, they were just allowed to shoot, instead of shooting with out permission. Everything RVD and Heyman said were mostly out of character and had nothing to do with furthering storylines.

The early estimates of the show range it anywhere from 300,000 to 800,000 buys. If it's anywhere near 800,000 then that's insane, and would make it the highest drawing non wrestlemania PPV in years, and maybe ever.

TheDeli

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2005, 09:23:34 AM »

Yeah, it was 3 fingers for 3 words definately. He wasn't doing the Matt Hardy sign.

And Trauma; they were shoot promos in a sense, they were just allowed to shoot, instead of shooting with out permission. Everything RVD and Heyman said were mostly out of character and had nothing to do with furthering storylines.

The early estimates of the show range it anywhere from 300,000 to 800,000 buys. If it's anywhere near 800,000 then that's insane, and would make it the highest drawing non wrestlemania PPV in years, and maybe ever.

Thats a good buy rate, imo anything over 500,000 may make Vince consider doing something with ECW if he hasn't already

They were 'shoot' promo's as in they were allowed to speak but not a scripted speech, RVD was showing the WWE that he can actually deliver on the mic, and that they could have faith in him and give him a push.

Paul E gave yet another speech, he is imo one of the best performers on the mic in the whole sport, Edge was showing the 3 fingers at heyman saying 3 words and not the Matt Hardy sign, and the Triple H comment to JBL was so true

Some quality matches on the card, was a little disapointed with the Benoit/Guerrero match & the Rey/Psicosis match they never seemed to go at full pelt in either match, though the Rey match started well & he was meant to have had a slight knock.  The Jericho/Storm match was very good, the 3 way dance was good if a little short, Tanaka and Awesome match was quality, Awesome imo showed the people in the WWE that they were wrong to say that 'he couldn't work', Sandman was on form with his entrance, Dreamer & the Bubba Ray Dudley were on superb form & had a great old school ECW match.  Good to see Sabu & Rhino have a short match, Sabu seemed a little more nervy than normal but still hit all his main spots very well.  The BWO, Francine/Belluah catfight were good oldschool ECW snippets, pity that Dawn Marie is pregnant & she wasn't able to get involved in the catfight

IMO there was a little too much emphisis on the WWE people there but overall a great PPV one of the best in the past 5 years, pity that JBL thought that he would try to extract some sort of revenge on the Blue Meanie and having cheap shots at him in the big brawl at the end.

Austin should have had a go at Bischoff like he did when he was in ECW that would have been cool, and not enough of Taz choking out Kurt Angle

And TNA should have allowed Raven to get involved

Perfection

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "When you come to a fork in the road...Take it"
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2005, 10:53:10 AM »
Eddie and Benoit sucked. how is that possible?

Source: PWTorch Newsletter

-- The often grumpy Eddie Guerrero was very unhappy with the finish for his match against Chris Benoit at the ECW PPV. He’s said to have never really gotten into the event as a whole.

After the match, there were some very heated words exchanged between Guerrero and Chris Benoit as a result of how the match went, and how unhappy Guerrero was with the finish.

Guerrero was also upset with the crowd chanting at Edge during the opening minutes of his match against Benoit

Trauma-san

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2005, 11:08:26 AM »

Yes, but it's also Matt Hardy's "Matt Hardy Version 2.0" handsign.  That's the funny part.  It's three words, plus he was using Hardy's hand gesture.  Nevermind. 

Trauma-san

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »
Watch the PPV back, and look at Edge.  They show Heymann say "Matt Friekin' Hardy!" then they show edge look at Bischoff, put out three fingers, they go back to the ring, then back to Edge who's giving the three finger Matt Hardy sign to the camera.  Am I the only one who sees the hilarity in Heyman propping Hardy, then fucking up, so Edge uses Hardy's sign to show off with the three fingers in Hardy's sign that he said three words?  Surely I'm not more intelligent than EVERYBODY, I know some of you had to have got it.  Two jokes at a time is too much for you, eh? 
« Last Edit: June 16, 2005, 11:11:36 AM by Trauma »

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 11:29:21 AM »
Watch the PPV back, and look at Edge.  They show Heymann say "Matt Friekin' Hardy!" then they show edge look at Bischoff, put out three fingers, they go back to the ring, then back to Edge who's giving the three finger Matt Hardy sign to the camera.  Am I the only one who sees the hilarity in Heyman propping Hardy, then fucking up, so Edge uses Hardy's sign to show off with the three fingers in Hardy's sign that he said three words?  Surely I'm not more intelligent than EVERYBODY, I know some of you had to have got it.  Two jokes at a time is too much for you, eh? 

No, but it wasn't the sign. He even said "That's 3 words", and was he even using the same 3 fingers. I'll have to check again, but I think it was the index, middle and ring, and not the index middle and pinky like Matt does it. If he was indeed using the pinky then I'll admit it was ashot at Hardy, but that's till doesn't make Heyman's line any worse and it didn't back fire on him at all. Back fire means people turned on Heyman because of something Edge did. Backfire does not mean one MJ enthusiast from the Carolinas though Edge was funnier.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 07:11:23 PM »
I just rewatched the segment and we were both right. At first he says 3 words using the 3 fingers you'd normally use to show 3, then afterwards he used the Matt symbol. I didn't steal any of Paul's thunder what so ever and no one in the arena seemed to notice it.

Personally I find it a tad tasteless. He already took the guy's girl and cost him his job because of it, no need to rub it in. Of course this is secondary to the fact that Edge sucks as a solo heel. He was good in E&C and was good as a baby on SD but now he can't even get home town Toronto to cheer him.