18 (34%)
la
15 (28.3%)
oakland
9 (17%)
richmond
8 (15.1%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Author Topic: Hardest city in Cali?  (Read 783 times)

TeeRaySix9Teen

Re: Hardest city in Cali?
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2005, 02:17:24 AM »
lol@ people thinkin every hood in LA is that off the chain. Im in San Diego, and i been in and outta damn near every hood in LA. Long Beach, Lynnwood, Compton, Inglewood, South Central...and on...and on. I got peoples in a lotta hoods up there from Long Beach to South Central, and it aint all bad like yall say. Some hoods are real shit, but some are just hype. Long Beach, aint that bad (yes, even the parts Snoop raps about lol). Theres far worse hoods in Dago then Long Beach. Inglewood aint that bad, just looks kinds grimey in some parts. Compton aint as bad as people think, but back in the day...yeah, the shit was bad and it still aint all that good. Watts (like someone else said), is real bad. I can say this though, i aint been in a lotta the Mexican hoods so i cant speak on those. Put it like this, like Mitchy says..."No matter which city in Kali....its all tha same....". Btw, the highest murder rates outta major cities in Kali usually do come outta Oakland. And last time i checked tha shit Richmond got an even worse crime index then them.
niggas out in richmond got it bad. a 12 y/o kid was murdered outside of a liquor store from some niggas that was bored and chillen and thats an everyday occurance now.

yeah i heard tha shit is REAL triv up there. Thing is, that gang shit is much bigger down here then up there. A killing is a killing up there. But down here, muhafuckas know you shoot somebody...you gettin into somethin real major. You might be startin an all out gang feud that aint goan be good. Its not just some individual get back type shit, its muhafuckas dumpin on eachother left n right.

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2005, 02:18:59 AM »
lol @ sacramento. the scaries shit u see in that city is a cow running down the street.

lmfao...

yeah lol Sac is just up there cus C-Bo and them muhafuckas are from there. Im sure theres some ghetto shit goin on up there too...but damn, shit is country..

King Of L.A.

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2005, 03:01:08 AM »
lol@ people thinkin every hood in LA is that off the chain. Im in San Diego, and i been in and outta damn near every hood in LA. Long Beach, Lynnwood, Compton, Inglewood, South Central...and on...and on. I got peoples in a lotta hoods up there from Long Beach to South Central, and it aint all bad like yall say. Some hoods are real shit, but some are just hype. Long Beach, aint that bad (yes, even the parts Snoop raps about lol). Theres far worse hoods in Dago then Long Beach. Inglewood aint that bad, just looks kinds grimey in some parts. Compton aint as bad as people think, but back in the day...yeah, the shit was bad and it still aint all that good. Watts (like someone else said), is real bad. I can say this though, i aint been in a lotta the Mexican hoods so i cant speak on those. Put it like this, like Mitchy says..."No matter which city in Kali....its all tha same....". Btw, the highest murder rates outta major cities in Kali usually do come outta Oakland. And last time i checked tha shit Richmond got an even worse crime index then them.

quit gassing your city up. San Diego is soft.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2005, 03:04:07 AM »
hardest city in cali ?? what tha fuk is this soppose 2 be for bragging rights??
south central/compton/watts/east la/inglewood  go there at night with your 2 pac playing real loud white boys

Thuglife

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Well if kurupt gave a fuck about a bitch...
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2005, 03:16:43 AM »
rich what richmond

mauzip

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2005, 03:27:25 AM »
what does this has to do with music?[/size]

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2005, 05:21:18 AM »
what does this have to do with music?[/size]

exactly

rafsta

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2005, 05:50:37 AM »

ABN

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2005, 06:15:03 AM »
according to statistics Compton is by far the worst city out of those mentioned. Comtpon has the second highest crime rate in America and i think Akron has the highest.

acbaylove

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2005, 06:28:34 AM »
Only like 1% of the rappers we love still lives in a ghetto, so..? Most of them got millions, some got a good amount of money, none of them gangbangs. Maybe just 2 or 3..

RaDeOn

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2005, 08:04:35 AM »
the hardest city in cali is thousand oaks! dont go up there...you will be killed by old mans with their gulf bats

Soul Sanatorium

• 'G'
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2005, 10:29:40 AM »

::)

dubee

• 'G'
  • "it dont matta, as long as my pocket gets fatta"
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2005, 11:33:17 AM »
By Ryan Lillis, December 10, 2004 03:47 PM

"RICHMOND -- Richmond is the 12th most dangerous city in the country - and the most dangerous in the state - according to a report released last week.

In its annual rankings based on FBI crime statistics and population figures, the research firm Morgan Quitno ranked Richmond above cities like Compton, Calif., Miami and Cleveland. Richmond, listed as the eighth most dangerous city with a population between 100,000 and 499,999, was ranked 24th last year.

Morgan Quitno used the number of serious crimes per 100,000 residents in 2003 to rank 320 cities. Camden, N.J., was the most dangerous, while Newton, Mass., was the safest. California cities accounted for four of the 25 most dangerous spots.

Overall crime inched up in Richmond last year, but murder numbers rose by more than 30 percent and rape was up nearly 50 percent, police department statistics show. Crime is down slightly this year, statistics show.

City officials, many of whom found out about the report over the Thanksgiving weekend, said they weren't sure how they would combat the city's crime rate.

"We're going to try to do something about it," said Councilman Richard L. Griffin. "We have to do something about it. What we're going to do, I'm not so sure."

Griffin added that "when you're responsible for a city and it's high on that list, obviously it's a surprise."
In the past two years, the police department has shrunk from 203 officers to 139 thanks to budget cuts that have restricted hiring new cops to replace those who retire. With a handful of cops expected to hand in their retirement papers by the end of this year, the force will be even more depleted in the coming months, police officials said.

"This town lacks the resources to help the people who really want the help," said Police Officer Kevin Martin, an 18-year veteran of the police department who has patrolled the crime-ridden Iron Triangle neighborhood for most of his career.

Griffin said the city may have no choice but to restore positions on the police department, but said, "it takes more than just the police to fix this problem."

"It's also social ills, like poverty and unemployment," he said.

According to the latest census figures, 16.2 percent of Richmond's residents live below the poverty level, a number that is more than twice the Bay Area average. The city's median household income is $46,659, while the regional median is over $70,000.

Beyond the economic factors, Richmond falls short when it comes to community involvement in the policing effort, said Dr. Jeff Snipes, a professor of criminal justice at San Francisco State University who has studied Bay Area crime trends for nearly a decade.

"Even in areas where the poverty rate is high you can have a community that has a high level of social control, a community that sticks up for itself with groups that look out for each other," Snipes said. "In Richmond, there's not a lot of community integration. It seems like there's a lot of detachment there."

The dire budgetary situation in Richmond has led to the closure of many community centers, including a facility in the Iron Triangle where the neighborhood association met each month. Without those kinds of groups, there "isn't a lot of community cohesion," Snipes said, and that leads to criminals who practice their trade without fearing their neighbors will turn them in.

"What you see is for the most part, the people are real honest to goodness victims," Martin said"

SpawntaneusC

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I pledge aligence 2 the West
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2005, 11:57:23 AM »
South Central is the Hardest come to the 90044 zip code area and find out why or just cruise thru 53 and compton(the street not city)and see whats hood
There's a new threat on the west and its about to hit Like the Quake in 94......

Kalloge Entertainment

WestCoasta

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2005, 07:07:41 PM »
Compton is L.A. basically, so consider it that
and consider that L.A. is the gang capital of the world, so obviously there is a ton of crime in Los Angeles more than others but there are a ton of crazy ghettos throughout California