Author Topic: Sly Boogy  (Read 361 times)

acbaylove

Sly Boogy
« on: July 10, 2005, 03:17:28 AM »
Fuck all the overrated fake-rappers and 40 years old rappers: SLY BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOGY y'all!!!!! Damn, he's fantastic. None can touch him on the mic, imo. His mixtape is fiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiree.. it's time to recognize his talent.

8)

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Five poppin' Six droppin'
Re: Sly Boogy
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 03:20:35 AM »
Wack. He ain't going nowhere. He'll be working at Home Depot in a few years.
are you people that dumb and slow...lol...
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

acbaylove

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2005, 03:27:18 AM »
Wack. He ain't going nowhere. He'll be working at Home Depot in a few years.

Probably. But that's sad. The real reason why the West sucks. :-\

Cause rappers who fell the fuck off (like the two ones in your sig) still have a lot of chances to come back in the game, while Sly Boogy and Crooked I never had one. It's sad cause Snoop will continue to make albums till he'll be 50, cause Dre will not give Sly a hot beat (but he wasted dozen of great beats with untalented rappers), cause people cant recognize the real talent. In 5 years we will still be here chatting about Snoop's last album and Detox snippets.

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2005, 03:36:27 AM »
Those guys in my sig made West Coast Classics. I'm probably biased because Dogg Food album was the shit my Junior year in HS (Memories). Now, I'm from the West Coast, I give a shit about so called lyrics, and who spits fire . Freestyle shit is East Coast, and in 2005 ,Wigger shit. Cali always been about top notch production, crisp snares, and pounding drum patterns. So fuck all that spit fire shit. Production first. So that's why Rass Kass and them wack fools suck. .
Tuff one...but quik is up there...put it on me is classic imo and on some detox shit...dj lethal>>dj quik....rza>>premo.....dre>>>quik....rza=dre....dre, rza, quik, dj lethal>>>>>timberland, rockwielder, EIMINEM, mannie fresh

acbaylove

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2005, 03:39:36 AM »
Man Daz used to be one of the best producers in the game ('Ambitionz Az A Ridah' is still there as one of the best tracks ever), and Kurupt used to be probably the best lyricist outta the West when he was on fire, 10 years ago. But we're talking about 10 years ago!! It's time to move on. West is productions first? Then it's sad that DPGC are using more East beats than West ones.. :-\

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2005, 03:40:38 AM »
Those guys in my sig made West Coast Classics. I'm probably biased because Dogg Food album was the shit my Junior year in HS (Memories). Now, I'm from the West Coast, I give a shit about so called lyrics, and who spits fire . Freestyle shit is East Coast, and in 2005 ,Wigger shit. Cali always been about top notch production, crisp snares, and pounding drum patterns. So fuck all that spit fire shit. Production first. So that's why Rass Kass and them wack fools suck. .

What's wrong with sick beats AND lyrics?

Spicemuthafuc*in1

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2005, 03:40:52 AM »
man lets stop all the talk about getting rid of the "old rappers" that is obsurd.  but newayz sly is definetly dope.  he has mad lyrics with a good flow as well, i think we are all waiting for a sly boogy solo

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2005, 03:44:53 AM »
sly boogy is great

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

Sofa_King_Awesome

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: July 10, 2005, 03:51:12 AM »
Music , Music, Music. Fuck  these new wack fools. I didn't spend $3500 in car audio to hear a sick metaphor. Especially from some young  street punk. Don't get me wrong, you need to be on beat, not super simple and off beat like a chicano rapper, but I gotta digg ya sound, most importantly.

Low Key

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: July 10, 2005, 03:58:19 AM »
Music , Music, Music. Fuck  these new wack fools. I didn't spend $3500 in car audio to hear a sick metaphor. Especially from some young  street punk. Don't get me wrong, you need to be on beat, not super simple and off beat like a chicano rapper, but I gotta digg ya sound, most importantly.

You seem like you listen to a lot of down south rappers like Three 6 Mafia. I don't know what to tell you. You probably should just keep a large amount of old school west coast records in your car then because the artists are only going to get more and more lyrical. Rappers can't sell just off contraversy alone anymore like back in the day when they didn't really have a whole lot of wordplay but the beats were hard and they said crazy shit.

madkilla

• 'G'
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2005, 05:04:03 AM »
Str8 up...Sly Boogy is one of the dopest coming outta the westcoast right now, his mixtape is fiyah, peace!!!!   8)

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2005, 05:12:55 AM »
Sly Boogy definately got heat... I been kinda missing out on him lately though, with the army and all that shit... He dropped a mixtape recently, I read. How is it? And what's up with the album? I thought some shit was about to happen when dude had a track on the Need For Speed Underground 2 soundtrack a while back, but I'm still waiting for his album to drop. What's the latest news on that?

Eddie G.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2005, 09:35:43 AM »
I agree.  But Sly Boogy is tite as hell, and he gets good production most of the time too, so I don't know what your problem with him is.

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2005, 09:41:36 AM »
yeah sly boogy's got what it takes, the west coast knows him now he's already got a scott storch track
but i think he needs to take that extra step and get out there and get his name known around the country not just in the western conferance : )

a smart move would be to take that its nothin track, which is a certified banger and show it to whoo kid, clue, greenlantern, the down south dj's too so they can start playing his shit out there on mix tapes but u know what i aint the nigga manager so lol

:)

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2005, 09:59:12 AM »
top notch rappers that need to blow up
crooked i, sly boogy, yukmouth, tech n9ne