Author Topic: Warren G - "In The Mid-Nite Hour" News ("Get you down 2" - video ft/cube/snoop!)  (Read 608 times)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
wrote this lil news piece - encorporates hot new news!!  ;D

As we have been reporting over the past 8 weeks, Warren G is scheduled to release his fifth studio CD, "In The Mid-Nite Hour," on October 11, 2005. The album, his first solo release in five years, has the single "Get U Down," featuring B Real and Watts-based soul singers Side Effect which is currently blazing radio including Power 106 and The Beat. According to Warren G the album is a portrayal of Warren G’s musical take of what happens as the clock ticks past the big one-two: "A lot of things go on in the midnight hour, but I stayed up in the midnight hour making this record. I touch on everything and it's bundled in one big ball of funk."

With a 2005 edge to his trademark smoothed-out sound, the G child stays on the same course that led him to gold and platinum CD success, those classic hits "Regulate," "This DJ" and "I Want It All."

Along with Warren on "In The Mid-Nite Hour," are other guest collaborators including Raphael Saadiq, young rising star, Aftermath’s Bishop Lamont, G Funk Productions’ Frank Lee White (the latter two intro-ed to Warren by half-brother Dr. Dre), G Funk Productions’ Chuck Taylor, and Chevy Jones. Chop and screw rap expert Mike Jones gets down with Warren and watches his back on "In Case Some Sh$# Go Down, the album’s second single.

The aforementioned single, "Get U Down," tackles a myriad of issues, from black-onbrown violence in Los Angeles to our military entanglements in the Middle East, and a special version, "Get U Down Part 2" featuring a special dedication to Hurricane Katrina
victims as well as guest spots by Snoop Dogg and Ice Cube, reminding people to stay strong and positive. Details are currently being worked out so that proceeds from various downloads of "Part 2" will go to the Red Cross to help Katrina aid relief efforts: "A lot of people aren’t really touching on what’s going on and they gotta wake up, even though we go through hard times you still have to smile, know that God is gonna work it out. That’s for the victims of Katrina and everybody around the world that’s going through stressful times."

Kevin Hunter will direct the "Get U Down Part 2" video which will be shot next week in different Cali locales with Warren G, B Real, Snoop and Cube. Paul Hunter will then shoot, "In Case Some Sh$# Go Down" shortly after that.

www.dubcnn.com

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
Incredible news. Can't wait!!

Diggfinger

even though we go through hard times you still have to smile, know that God is gonna work it out.

wow

Dogg Ly Dogg

thanx for the info, hehe Warren's back with 2 new videos that's nice

Darksider

• Muthafuckin' Don!
dope news cant wait for the album :)

Okka

Tight shit, nice to see Warren makin some new videos  ;)

Croyd

• 'G'
Looking forward to this album...

Fonky Fresh

Looking forward to this album...
of shizzy
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

Gangstauu

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • FC Utrecht 4 Life
oh booooy

One day everything is gonna be fine
But until that day my only reply "westside till I die"  -TQ

West Up

Utreg 4 Life

PLANT

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Warren G - "In The Mid-Nite Hour" News ("Get you down 2" - video ft/cube/sno
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2005, 07:19:07 AM »
Shiiiiiit... Ice Cube & Warren? Oooooh weeeee! 8)

Dizzam, I can't wait for the album!

.:Hercy Buggz:.

• The Soul Brotha
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Time For Sumthin New
Re: Warren G - "In The Mid-Nite Hour" News ("Get you down 2" - video ft/cube/sno
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2005, 08:22:36 AM »
"even though we go through hard times you still have to smile, know that God is gonna work it out.

AMEN to that..Warren G gain more respect from me !

MOB

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2005, 08:37:35 AM »
I'm looking for the video with snoop and cube.

TNB

• 'G'
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2005, 09:40:44 AM »
Get You Down 2 Sounds Promising  :P This album should be hot :o

Tha G In Deee

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • If it don't make dollaz, it don't make sense.