Author Topic: Internet bootlegging  (Read 866 times)

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Internet bootlegging
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2005, 03:21:05 AM »
wcrydaz is gay

wcrydaz is okay... but most people on that forum is gay
Yeah,thats why I dont post there anymore,that place fell the fuck off.

Sikotic™

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2005, 03:42:08 AM »
I don't buy them either anymore unless its a indy artist or a really good album I wanna help support. Music is one of the few things you buy blindly without knowing what the contents are. The beauty of downloading albums is you get to find out what kind of merchandise you're actually buying. Instead of blindly buying an album that may just have one song you like, you can listen ot it and if it's that good, then you'll go out and purchase it.

The artists and labels just don't want the fans to do this so they can feed more garbage bullshit and half ass albums down our throats for ridiculous prices and get away with it. I hope bootlegging gets out fo control. Maybe artists will start putting out quality shit instead of producing garbage and trying to fuck a fan out of their hard earned money.

BTW, I love both Warren and Quik and own every one of their albums. You know why? because they make amazing music that I believe should be supported. Maybe other artists should take that into consideration before producing a wack ass album.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Fonky Fresh

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2005, 07:20:08 AM »
the less ull buy shit the more ull fell happy &ur wallet too.thats what i feel.i only buy rare&dope albums i feel.The less ull listen radio,the more ull feel happy too.
first thing first,cds are way too fuckig expensive here
secondly,1/10 only is good to my view so i buy this one&fuck the others.I dont support bad music anymore bcoz i been too fucking robbed by sum white monkey azz runnin his label or his rap division of universal.
regarding Warren G 's album case,i think its legit to an artist to protect his work u know ,so no bid deal with that bcoz it's fair as the matter of fact warren g went in a indy label if im corect that makes 2x good reasons to not bootleg..But the real fact is that this album is aight..so...
&to finish on this 10000 already talked subject,internet now is like the mixtapes in the 90s..good for promotion.The real thing weird in this case is when u pay for a mp3 i mean wtf dont ever do that!thats some technical mean the big musical corporations found to rob u again.
Watch Now Old School Rap Videos here: THIS PAGE
My soundcloud !

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2005, 08:23:05 AM »
I try and buy every album I download. Having an album on a computer or whatever just doesn't compare to having a cd and credits and whatever.

Acgrundy

« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2005, 09:15:47 AM »
Now don't get me wrong, I am not trying to discourage anyone from buying cd's.  Keep supporting your favorite artists, keep adding to your cd collection.  I'm just saying that people need to stop making excuses.  I am a big warren g and quik fan, and if I met them today I would probably hand them a $5 bill and say, hey I downloaded your cd, but I"m not gonna buy it, here is $5 cuz I want to support you.  And $5 is a lot more than they would make off of any other cd sale.

and sorry Rud, but internet bootlegging is not hurting an artists sales.  First off, a majority of the people on this forum who have already downloaded the new warren g album are still going to buy it.  Do the math yourself.  Let's say warren g will sell 200,000 copies of his new album, and that is probably a high number, considering the only promotion he has is what is on dubcnn.  Now I'll go with an even higher number and say that 50,000 copies get bootlegged that are would be sales.  thats 25%.  That is extremely high, and very unrealistic.  So that would change his album sales from 250,000 to 200,000 due to internet downloading.  Is that a big difference in numbers?  No its not.  Not for Warren G.  The guy who did Regulate, went multi platinum with his first record, has nate dogg and snoop on his album, and is backed by a major record label (I dunno if he is or not).  Now 50,000 records might make a difference to some no name rapper put on the scene by WCRydaz, but it is not going to make a difference by a big name rapper who has been in the industry for 10+ years.  Instead of posting up complaints by the artists and their promoters about internet downloading and making false threats like the FBI is going to catch you (hahahahaha) you should maybe tell these artists that the reason they don't sell is because they have no promotion.  Internet downloading is a problem that the music industry has to accept, there is no way around it.  There is plenty of artists who still sell millions, or hundreds of thousands of copies of their album.

UWA 187

• 'G'
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2005, 10:28:41 AM »
Im kinda getting worried,y'all remember www.realestniggas.com & what happened to them???

what happened?

Wicked977

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 818 VALLE Bitches!!!
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2005, 10:43:35 AM »
Im kinda getting worried,y'all remember www.realestniggas.com & what happened to them???

what happened?
:-X

btw Don't Artist Get Most Of There Money From Tours So If Someone
D/L There Album If They Like It They Will Pay 2 C Them Live

Don Seer

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2005, 10:49:21 AM »
Im kinda getting worried,y'all remember www.realestniggas.com & what happened to them???I never knew about another site calling us "thieves",& this is what I read yesterday at www.indastreets.net:"I guess Dubcnn.com forums was leaking a little bit" (they're talking about the new Warren G).I mean what the fuck did they say that for???As if other forums weren't doing the same.This isnt the only source for music ::) Why didnt they point out WCRydaz???Maybe cause Crash actually posts there.

Yea Crash, what was that about just seen that...

9/22/2005 - Warren G's New Album Leaked!!! - It's out now all over the net. I guess Dubcnn.com forums was leaking a little bit, It hits the stores in a couple of weeks so go and BUY a few copies, from what we've heard it's a nice sounding album.... 

what the fuck!  thats fuckin slander man FUCK them fools for trying to make it look like we leaked that shit.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2005, 10:52:03 AM »
im glad my comp is too slow to download, i like having to buy the cd.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2005, 11:10:27 AM »

what happened?
They took the owner of that forum & site to court or something,& they shut down the forum.But its back up now.

Acgrundy

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2005, 11:38:28 AM »
See its sad that these rappers think that internet downloading is the problem, and they try to stop it.  Sorry but the internet and downloading has introduced me to SO many new artists, which I have bought an album(s) from.  Had it not been for downloading their music I would have never bought the album in the first place because I had either never heard of it, or didn't want to take the chance of buying a crappy album.  Like I said, I own 300 westcoast rap albums.  I have bought every warren g album so far and every quik album except way 2 fonky and his greatest hits.  but I am not buying their new albums, and I am downloading them.  but I sure as hell have not hurt their sales.  buying 4 albums from warren g and 4 or 5 from quik + seeing warren in concert once, and quik twice.  not to mentioned all of the people I have introduced these artists to, who have in turn bought an album or 2.  So I have done well over my fair share of support.

Diggfinger

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2005, 12:14:17 PM »
I always make sure to support my favorite artists, no matter what. I think bootleggin is a sign saying that people really want the stuff, but suckaz need to buy the record when it comes out as well

Paul

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2005, 12:30:35 PM »
but I am not buying their new albums, and I am downloading them.  but I sure as hell have not hurt their sales.  buying 4 albums from warren g and 4 or 5 from quik + seeing warren in concert once, and quik twice.  not to mentioned all of the people I have introduced these artists to, who have in turn bought an album or 2.  So I have done well over my fair share of support.

thats fair enough but 2 me its better havin a brand new cd in my hand , playin it while readin the credits.
downloadin it jus seems fake 2 me, but whoever does it and enjoys the album buy it cause the artist will deserve it
funkyfreshintheflesh

Acgrundy

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2005, 12:42:33 PM »
but I am not buying their new albums, and I am downloading them.  but I sure as hell have not hurt their sales.  buying 4 albums from warren g and 4 or 5 from quik + seeing warren in concert once, and quik twice.  not to mentioned all of the people I have introduced these artists to, who have in turn bought an album or 2.  So I have done well over my fair share of support.

thats fair enough but 2 me its better havin a brand new cd in my hand , playin it while readin the credits.
downloadin it jus seems fake 2 me, but whoever does it and enjoys the album buy it cause the artist will deserve it

thats great.  I'm not discouraging buying albums, I am stating that internet downloading is not hurting artsits careers and sales.

DAYUM

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2005, 12:53:40 PM »
i agree wtih Grundy 100%