Author Topic: Internet bootlegging  (Read 867 times)

Paul

Re: Internet bootlegging
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2005, 01:01:12 PM »
but I am not buying their new albums, and I am downloading them.  but I sure as hell have not hurt their sales.  buying 4 albums from warren g and 4 or 5 from quik + seeing warren in concert once, and quik twice.  not to mentioned all of the people I have introduced these artists to, who have in turn bought an album or 2.  So I have done well over my fair share of support.

thats fair enough but 2 me its better havin a brand new cd in my hand , playin it while readin the credits.
downloadin it jus seems fake 2 me, but whoever does it and enjoys the album buy it cause the artist will deserve it

thats great.  I'm not discouraging buying albums, I am stating that internet downloading is not hurting artsits careers and sales.

thinkin how many ppl download, of there was no way 2 download these ppl if interested enough would go out and buy the cd which WOULD improve sales
funkyfreshintheflesh

Acgrundy

« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2005, 02:13:40 PM »
but I am not buying their new albums, and I am downloading them.  but I sure as hell have not hurt their sales.  buying 4 albums from warren g and 4 or 5 from quik + seeing warren in concert once, and quik twice.  not to mentioned all of the people I have introduced these artists to, who have in turn bought an album or 2.  So I have done well over my fair share of support.

thats fair enough but 2 me its better havin a brand new cd in my hand , playin it while readin the credits.
downloadin it jus seems fake 2 me, but whoever does it and enjoys the album buy it cause the artist will deserve it

thats great.  I'm not discouraging buying albums, I am stating that internet downloading is not hurting artsits careers and sales.

thinkin how many ppl download, of there was no way 2 download these ppl if interested enough would go out and buy the cd which WOULD improve sales

not that many.  I wouldn't buy the album.  as I stated earlier I would have stopped listening to new rap 2 years ago.

We Fly High

« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2005, 02:29:47 PM »
i agree with ac, .. i would have stopped listening and buying rap albums along time ago if i couldnt download. i barely even pay attention to new shit anyways cos its so crap filled on every album. the only way to see if u like it is to download it. if i download an album and i dont like it, i'll delete it off my computer right away. if i like it, i'll go out and buy it. so it doesnt really hurt. the artists should realize if they want to sell more shit they need to up the quality of their music. cos by them telling us to not download it, they are basically asking us to blindly follow and support them, and fuck that. i aint exchanging my good money for crap music, if they want my good money, they better give me good music.

anyways that statement that wron g put up does not reflect my feelings at all. we are not aligned with the FBI at all, and are not looking to bust anyone. i dont know what the hell theyre going to do about it, but dubcnn aint givin up no ones information, we're not snitching.

bjax

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • Next Up on the List
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2005, 04:16:55 PM »
if I didn't download, I wouldn't own half the CDs I do now because I would never get to hear what those albums sounded like.

Sikotic™

« Reply #34 on: September 25, 2005, 04:37:16 PM »
Seriously, thats such a good point. Downloading has opend me up to so many underground artists that don't get any promotion. Without downloading or the net, I wouldnt even know Quik or Warren G were droppin albums.

I think it's 100% fair that we at least get to sample what we're buying. Anything else you purchase, if you're not satisfyed with it, you get an exchange or refund. If you go out and blindly pick up an album and it turns out you hate it, you're stuck with it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 25, 2005, 04:50:08 PM »
I mainly use the net for previewing purposes, because all albums come out weeks before they do down under. I'd buy the cd if what I hear is great.

And like AC, it has opened my ears to a whole lot of new artists I prolly wouldn't have heard about elsewhere, and I'd definately wouldn't see their cds at any store down under!

crash

« Reply #36 on: September 25, 2005, 05:42:46 PM »
Im kinda getting worried,y'all remember www.realestniggas.com & what happened to them???I never knew about another site calling us "thieves",& this is what I read yesterday at www.indastreets.net:"I guess Dubcnn.com forums was leaking a little bit" (they're talking about the new Warren G).I mean what the fuck did they say that for???As if other forums weren't doing the same.This isnt the only source for music ::) Why didnt they point out WCRydaz???Maybe cause Crash actually posts there.

Yea Crash, what was that about just seen that...

9/22/2005 - Warren G's New Album Leaked!!! - It's out now all over the net. I guess Dubcnn.com forums was leaking a little bit, It hits the stores in a couple of weeks so go and BUY a few copies, from what we've heard it's a nice sounding album.... 

what the fuck!  thats fuckin slander man FUCK them fools for trying to make it look like we leaked that shit.

Fuck them fools huh, who the fuck r u? check the files 1 time b4 u speak, it's seems like yall can't comprehend SIMPLE ENGLISH, it said the forums was leaking a lil bit. thats a fact. somebody leaked it on your forums! nobody said dubcnn leaked that shit!!! But thanks for having our name in your mouth. This is Chess not Checkers, keep that bullshit outta here,  don't talk down on my shit anymore OVERSEER

Brazemac

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2005, 05:53:29 PM »
Seer:
 crash is folks im sure he didn't post it someone on his staff did. I already spoken to him and they will remove it they didn't mean that dubcnn leaked it just someone on the forum did have a link to a song etc no need to say fuck etc.
lets talk n resolve this.

peace

The Game & Raekwon The Chef All Into Da DUBCNN MAGAZINE!

Wild_Elmo

« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2005, 06:04:28 PM »
lmao @ him saying "this is chess not checkers" hahaha

Quadruple OG

« Reply #39 on: September 25, 2005, 06:35:44 PM »
can hate on Wc rydaz all you want, but they make a point as to not allowing anyone to post full albums in their sound forum (unless the album is out of print).  It's hypocritical for dubcc to not allow the warren G album to be posted, yet allow every other album to be posted in full

The Watcher

« Reply #40 on: September 25, 2005, 06:55:02 PM »
lmao @ him saying "this is chess not checkers" hahaha
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

BOX5 the best poster on this site yell

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 25, 2005, 07:42:56 PM »
MAN bottom line warren is losing money,thats like a equal out on the streets selling weed, you think he ain't gonna mind if someone is stealing some of his saccs from him? come on now homie,yall forget warren and company got to pay for sample clearence,got to give up 100% of publishing on some of them joints,guest apperances ain't cheap,plus outside known producer who yall jocc are not cheap,then yall say get this big promotion,cuzz who you think is gonna pay for the video and all that,shit come outta a equals poccets,now the going to see an artist perform live is legit tho,but in todays time even that is shady,sheisty as promotors and sponsors, cd prices need to be lowered i agree,but don't use the greedy labels as reason why you dl and bootlegg,shit you do it cause you don't wanna pay simple as that,if it's not good don't fucc with it,i mean why download a yayo album knowing damn well you don't like him,come on now,fess up,and stop acting like it's deathrow vs badboy, with this wcrydaz vs dubcnn,both are sites that support the coast the most,so show love to both yell
got a good woman at home,& this broad i smashed be-foe
but in my dome i'm think'n will it be good as be-foe
ring finger says, to don't pursue it,the "k-9" in me says
"ain't-nothing-to-it, but-to-do-it"/
but if we bang and i get caught OH-BOY-YA!/
i pray to god the wife don't get kelis or elin's lawyer
www.myspace.com/panhandoelrcorp

Westcoastin'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Revenge is the sweetest joy next to gettin pussy
« Reply #42 on: September 25, 2005, 07:48:06 PM »
i download to check to see what i like, if its good enough, ill buy it...

if its good enough ill shell out the little money i have and go to an hour long concert and sit in the nosebleeds for 70 bucks, or get my ass shoved around as ppl try to rush the stage in a club...

thats dedication to good music.

but fuck em for makin me pay 80 bucks to see a concert
fuck em for chargin 20 bucks for a cd with only 2 or 3 good songs

cd's are pretty much obsolete now anyway

support the ones that deserve it, fuck the rest.
been rockin' longer than niggas twice my age
back in the days before Bob Marley was rockin' a fade
before Honest Abe signed the paper that freed slaves
before Neanderthals was drawing on walls in caves
I existed, in the garden of Eden gettin' lifted
stickin' dick to Eve before she was Adam's mistress
before Christ created Christmas, I been in lyrical fitness
the Canibus is spittin' til' he's spitless - Canibus

Jome

« Reply #43 on: September 25, 2005, 08:34:53 PM »
it's seems like yall can't comprehend SIMPLE ENGLISH, it said the forums was leaking a lil bit. thats a fact. somebody leaked it on your forums! nobody said dubcnn leaked that shit!!!

Wrong.
Somebody POSTED A LINK to it, they didn't leak it, big difference.
A link can be posted on ALL internet forums where posting is possible, for those who don't know.
The album was already all over big sites like Boxden, PRIOR to it being posted on WCC, so there is no such thing as "leaking a lil bit", that's BS.

The rip-group "JCE" ripped a copy of the CD to mp3, and thereafter spread/leaked it to the internet, and posters on internet forums like SOHH, Boxden, WCC, WcRydaz, AllHiphop, Aftermathmusic, etc. etc. spread links to it, (and later removed on some of these sites) or made their own links to it, something Warren G's people seems to have problems to understand.

If they want to put a stop to albums being leaked, they have to stop rip-groups like RNS, C4, CR, WHOA, JCE, etc. etc. but they have virtually no chance of doing so, because not even police/RIAA/FBI can catch them, so they go after the next best thing; the downloaders. (Which btw isn't doing anything illegal in many countries)

Ðøšïå

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: September 25, 2005, 10:29:18 PM »