Author Topic: Internet bootlegging  (Read 868 times)

Acgrundy

Internet bootlegging
« on: September 24, 2005, 08:23:36 PM »
you know whats funny is how people so easily blame their problems on other people.  Warren G and his promoter putting that statement on dubcnn, and I saw an article on dubcnn calling them "internet thieves".  LMAO.

I've been downloading music since 1999/2000, and up until late 2003 I bought every westcoast album that I downloaded.  I had albums weeks, months, sometimes years before they dropped, but I still bought them, mostly to support the artist.  I bought albums that I had listened to so much before the album dropped that I might have never even listend to the og all the way thru.

I quit buying albums tho in late 2003 for multiple reasons:

1. FUCK the music industry and those rich corporate fucks

2. cd's are way too expensive

3. the music is not good anymore

People come on here saying shit like true fans of Warren G will buy the cd, or true fans of Quik will buy the new album, and bootlegging is killing the westcoast, blah blah blah.  Fuck that, Games album probably got bootlegged 10x more than both Quik and Warren G combined, and he still went platinum.  50 cent goes platinum, snoop goes platinum, eminem goes platinum, and I guarantee you all of their albums get bootlegged minimum of 25x more than any sad rapper complaining about internet downloading.

I don't buy cd's anymore, but I download all the albums I want to hear.  but I can guarantee I ain't hurting one guy's career.  I own just about 300 westcoast cd's and I been to plenty of concerts.  And it ain't like I'm selling bootleg copies of these albums.  98% of them I listen to 1 or 2 times and thats it.  If I couldn't download them, I woulndt buy them either.  If I wasn't able to download albums I would have stopped listening to new rap nearly 2 years ago.

So all you fans and rappers out their crying about internet downloading need to shut the hell up.  If warren G only sells 100,000 copies of his new album, how many copies do you seriously think got downloaded which would have been sales?  I say 5% max, thats 5000 copies.  c'mon folks thats nothing.  internet downloading is not the problem, its something called P-R-O-M-O-T-I-O-N.  Rappers get the same percentage of stolen goods as places like Safeway, Best buy, 7-11, Walll-lMart, etc.  Thats just something businesses have to accept and factor in., and pretty much the music industry needs to factor that in too.

makaveli11

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Internet bootlegging
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2005, 08:34:38 PM »
I agree with you completely. If an album doesn't sell well, it is because of promotion not bootlegging. Like you said snoop, game, and eminem cds been bootlegged like crazy and it is very easy to get all there songs of a p2p network like kazaa. They still go platinum because of promotion. As a matter of fact if it wasn't for bootlegging, I definitely would not have been as deep as I am in rap. I might have missed on rap artists such as warren g and quik. :o
Picture Perfection Pursuin Paper with a Passion

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2005, 08:37:40 PM »
yeah i dont buy new cd's anymore. every time i go to the record store (best buy actually), its to buy an older album that i want. but if a new cd comes out that i like ill buy it
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2005, 08:39:50 PM »
u think people in the hood with no money to buy there cd's are actually going to buy it , after they downloaded the album???
NOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Acgrundy

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2005, 08:41:15 PM »
you think people in the hood even have a computer w/ internet to download it?  I doubt many do.

WestCoasta

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2005, 09:08:30 PM »
I only buy albums of my favorite artists who I really like and wanna support, I don't buy every album either

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2005, 11:33:33 PM »
I agree to a point, but i dont agree with

People come on here saying shit like true fans of Warren G will buy the cd, or true fans of Quik will buy the new album, and bootlegging is killing the westcoast, blah blah blah.  Fuck that, Games album probably got bootlegged 10x more than both Quik and Warren G combined, and he still went platinum.  50 cent goes platinum, snoop goes platinum, eminem goes platinum, and I guarantee you all of their albums get bootlegged minimum of 25x more than any sad rapper complaining about internet downloading.

apart from when its tied in to promotion...50/snoop/game all get heavily bootlegged no doubt but the promotion machine behind them always ensures people (in their millions) will go out and buy the album, good promotion is like brainwashing, making people think they have to have it....when you have artists like quik/warren g, yes they are gonna sell less BUT the percenctage of downloads-lost sales is higher as less people will see promotion (due to lack of it) to encourage them to turn that download into a sale....the apathy bug sets in and people see there being no point in spending money on it - THATS when it hurts the artists, but again thats down to money spent on promo but without a huge label and corporate machine backing them theyre never gonna get that anyway - hence why every sale counts and all downloads cost.

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

UKnowWhatItIs: welcome to my traps....game over

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2005, 12:08:57 AM »
Im kinda getting worried,y'all remember www.realestniggas.com & what happened to them???I never knew about another site calling us "thieves",& this is what I read yesterday at www.indastreets.net:"I guess Dubcnn.com forums was leaking a little bit" (they're talking about the new Warren G).I mean what the fuck did they say that for???As if other forums weren't doing the same.This isnt the only source for music ::) Why didnt they point out WCRydaz???Maybe cause Crash actually posts there.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2005, 12:11:31 AM by UKnowWhatItIs »

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2005, 12:09:07 AM »
From now on I'll only buy CD if:
1. they are cheap ($13 or less)
2. they are from my very favourite artists (like top 5 favourite)

I listen to my mp3 player 90% so I don't really see purchasing a CD as a good investment.  Buying the actual CD is pretty much only for the sake of having a nice collection like you would with baseball cards or stuff like that.

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2005, 12:12:29 AM »
Im kinda getting worried,y'all remember www.realestniggas.com & what happened to them???I never knew about another site calling us "thieves",& this is what I read yesterday at www.indastreets.net:"I guess Dubcnn.com forums was leaking a little bit" (they're talking about the new Warren G).I mean what the fuck did they say that for???As if other forums weren't doing the same.This isnt the only source for music ::) Why didnt they point out WCRydaz???Maybe cause Crash actually posts there.

Yea Crash, what was that about just seen that...

9/22/2005 - Warren G's New Album Leaked!!! - It's out now all over the net. I guess Dubcnn.com forums was leaking a little bit, It hits the stores in a couple of weeks so go and BUY a few copies, from what we've heard it's a nice sounding album.... 

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2005, 12:17:18 AM »
As for albums I actually buy them,I only download them to see how good they are & sometimes I download albums that I havent heard in ages,but shortly after that I delete them.The only stuff I burn on CD's are mixtapes & unreleased songs,advances,OG's & so on.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2005, 01:24:21 AM »
you think people in the hood even have a computer w/ internet to download it?  I doubt many do.

lol, oh c'mon you do know that everyone on dubcc is from the hood  :D fo rilla! or steeped! as some of my Canadian hood rats would say 

WestCoasta

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2005, 01:42:19 AM »
wcrydaz is gay

Lucien

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I'm no longer a supporter of westcoast rap...
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2005, 02:24:09 AM »
wcrydaz is gay

wcrydaz is okay... but most people on that forum is gay

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2005, 02:36:24 AM »
wcrydaz is gay

wcrydaz is okay... but most people on that forum is gay
Yeah,thats why I dont post there anymore,that place fell the fuck off.