Author Topic: quotes on how kobe is the best player in the nba  (Read 868 times)

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
quotes on how kobe is the best player in the nba
« on: September 26, 2005, 11:52:46 AM »

hey guys got this from CL.COM. im a big kobe fan so i hate it wehn people compare this dude with lebron james and dwayne wade....maybe this will stop some of those stupid ass threads...i think a legitimate thread on whos better is if it was againsst kg, shaq, duncan, or amare. no tmac , wade , lj, ray allen, vince carter none of that shit

"He amazes me," Nick Van Exel says. "I see him every day, and he still amazes me."

He gets into the game, and you just look at him," Eddie Jones says. "Every play, you look at him and you wonder, 'What's next?'

Tracy McGrady was just out in LA with me, stayed at my house for a couple weeks.... He was supossed to stay at a hotel. One night, he was at my house and my mother was cooking dinner. We were just hanging out, having a good time. Next thing i knew, he was at my house for the next two weeks. It was as if we were related." Says Tracy, "I look at Kobe as my older brother. I learn a lot from him because of what he's gone through."

"I just wanted to make sure Kobe didn't dominate me. It was a good battle. It was fun. He attacked," Jordan said. "The hype was me vs. him. I knew I wasn't 100 percent and he was, and he was biting at the bit. I was just glad that I was able to fight him off.... He attacked. You know, I like his attitude." – bulls vs lakers 98

As easy as God gives it to you, he can take it away from you, " he says. " What I'm doing right now is cool, but you have to touch people in a positive way. The Lord has blessed me with the ability to play basketball. It's bigger than putting a ball in a hoop. You're not just out there to show case your skills in front of millions of people. That's just the icing on the cake. That's how I see it." - Kobe Bryant

“I see a lot of myself in him. No doubt about it.”
—Michael Jordan

“He has the ability to take the game over.”
—Derek Fisher

Kobe’s a model of what a young player should aspire to be. Year by year he learned and made his game more solid, and now he’s not just a highlight-film guy but an accomplished NBA player.”
—Larry Brown, Philadelphia head coach

"Obviously, it's devastating for a situation like this to happen," said Detroit forward Tayshaun Prince after Game 2's loss. "One of the greatest winning players in the game made a shot that he does on a regular basis, so we can't hold our heads down about this one even though we should have won the basketball game. We gotta go back home and face a tough Laker steam that plays just as hard on the road as they do at home."

I told Kobe that he was my idol," O'Neal said. "I'm serious. He's playing phenomenal. I think he's the best player in the league, by far."

"I don't know man," Bryant said. "I'm just a little guard. I try to steal some of his post moves, but they don't seem to have the same powerful effect as when he does it."

Horace Grant kept referring to Bryant as "No. 23," the number Jordan wore. It wasn't a mistake.
"I knew what I was saying," Grant said.

"That's where I've been trying to get him all year," O'Neal said. "He's been getting his points, getting everybody involved, drawing and kicking, doing the right things. Somebody once said the mark of a great player is how you make the other players around you play. I now can truly say that Kobe Bryant is the best player in this league."

O'Neal: "I need Kobe and he needs me. Simple as that. Tougher for the rest of the league for them to beat both of us."

"He looked wonderful," said James, who added nine assists and eight rebounds. "You didn't see him go down the middle and dunk? He looked great. I loved having him back. You always want to compete against the very best. That's my favorite player in the game."

The Lakers (18-14) don't have the same aura they once had.
"Of course not," James said. "They can never get back to that without Shaq and Phil (Jackson). They still have a quality team. They have the best player in basketball."

"Kobe, in my opinion, is the best player in the NBA," he said. "But
whenever you play against a guy like that you have to double him, you have to get the ball out of his hands, you have to make him do the things he doesn't want to do." –marbury

"Kobe has a fire in his eyes like he wants to be the best," said Jamal
Crawford. "You can really see it."

Bryant is a better all-around player than Jordan. "Kobe has developed an identity that's his own," Jackson says. "At one time he wanted to be the gunslinger who comes into town and knocks out Wyatt Earp. Now he's pursuing goals that are much more mature."

"Being the best player in the league really doesn't matter to me, because I think it all boils down to winning," McGrady says. "So it doesn't really matter whether I'm the best or second best. I feel that if I'm in the NBA Finals and competing with a guy like kobe and win then you can compare me, But until then theres no comparison.”n a conversation about Bryant, Jordan said, “I don’t take it negatively.” And, when asked if he sees the similarities between

San Antonio’s Kerr said: “He’s the closest thing to MJ I’ve ever seen. Of course, MJ didn’t have a Shaq to play with him, which actually makes what Kobe did even more impressive. He even sounds like Michael in his interviews, doesn’t he?”

“There’s no question he borrowed some of Michael’s moves,” said Turner Sports analyst Kenny Smith, who played with Jordan at North Carolina. “A lot of guys try to borrow moves, but it doesn’t mean they can actually do them under pressure. Kobe knows when to do them and, lately, when not to.”

"Kobe was incredible," said Tim Duncan. "It seemed like he made every shot out there."

Steve Kerr said. "That's what Michael always used to do. A team starts to come back and make a run, especially in their home building, the fans get behind them, then all of a sudden 'bam,' he just sucks the life out of the place. That's what Kobe is doing."

In a conversation about Bryant, Jordan said, “I don’t take it negatively.” And, when asked if he sees the similarities between himself and Kobe, Jordan said: “Oh, yeah. Yes. I’m looking at his post-up game and the way when his jump shot isn’t falling he goes to the hole, or does what he needs to do to get himself to the foul line. And I like that he takes the game very, very seriously. Now obviously I didn’t play with that dominant inside player like he has in Shaq. And it’s different for him in that he has to be more patient, playing with Shaq. But you know what I’ve noticed, in terms of the difference between him this year and last year, or even earlier this year? He’s not chasing the game as much. With that much talent, you don’t need to chase it. But obviously, there will be comparisons from here on out between Kobe and me, just as there were between me and Dr. J when I first came into the league.”

“Compromise,” Jordan says. “And maturity. The kid is 22 years old, right? He’s going to make mistakes. I did. He’s willing to learn. I don’t think anybody questions that."

Oh, you mean Kobe Jordan?" Laker forward Horace Grant said. "I'm on the bench," said Grant, "I'm 35 years old. I'm a big fan. He's moving the ball, making the shots, not being intimidated by 7-footers. And he's only 22. That's frightening."

Kobe the best in game -Amare Stoudamire

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2BEZ2Z07ZL2ZH1F7739RY3XG

"That was perhaps the greatest streak shooting I have ever seen in my life," said Lakers coach Phil Jackson, who has coached nine NBA championship teams — six in Chicago and three with the Lakers. –After kobes 3-point record setting night

“He has already done legendary things on the court,” Tomjanovich said of Bryant at his first news conference as Lakers coach Saturday. “I truly believe he has a chance to become the greatest player ever to play the game.”

Larry Bird, who choreographed a few such dreamscapes of his own, called it something else. "Awesome," said Larry Legend. "We were there, but we really weren't there," added Bird, whose Pacers now

face an irretrievable 3-1 deficit entering Friday's Game 5. "Every shot was, you know, all net. I mean, it wasn't even close."

David Robinson (SAS): “At the end of (of the game) they have Kobe Bryant, that’s kind of a nice luxury.”

I thought Kobe had Ruben by a step, so I stepped up to close off the lane," Pippen said. "Kobe's a great player and great players make great plays.

He was shooting over people, he was shooting around people, and they were going in," Carter said. "It's hard to guard somebody when he's feeling it. For 10 straight, he was feeling it." It’s

Always a big challenge battling the against the best.

Who is the best offensive player that you have had to guard so far in the NBA?
Corey Maggette: I'd say Kobe Bryant. He is one of the most athletic, and he has so many moves that he can score whenever he wants.

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: quotes on how kobe is the best player in the nba
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2005, 02:06:37 PM »
yea, and when people talk about lebron, they just jump on the bandwagon, overrate him, follow the hype, bla, when he's just putting his laces in shape, I heard it all now. double standards. for all I remember ron harper implied (while kobe was sitting right next to him) that LeBron is the better all-around player. Kobe might be better 1on1, but all in all, that's a different story.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

Stone Cold is Bout It, Bout It

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2005, 02:17:51 PM »
^^shut the fuck up

-VZA-

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2005, 02:46:07 PM »
you wanted to stop stupid threads by making another one?  DEE-DEE-DEE!! :loco:
Ninja Babes - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NinjaBabes
like women who have abortions... i'm not havin' it.  ~canibus~
bust a nut inside your eye just to show you where i come from.  ~phife dawg~
like a man without no arms... you can't hang.  ~method man~
<--my future wifey

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005, 04:29:07 PM »
how is this stupid a stupid thread when its evidence that proves what im saying?

Addicted To Cake

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Dwight Howard, Steve Nash, Whos Next?
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2005, 04:59:03 PM »
what can u say? Kobe is the GOAT.

btw who is this bitch? hook me up with some pix.

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2005, 06:43:50 PM »
lmao
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2005, 07:33:55 PM »
lmao

@ who? brett favre?.yeah he fucking sucks ;D

PLANT

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2005, 07:36:50 PM »
someone should come up with quotes from DubCC Laker fans and how they all ride Kobe's jock^^^^^^^^like this guy who threw out his Holy Bible and started reading the Holy Kobe......
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005, 07:39:05 PM by PLANT »

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Javier

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2005, 07:42:06 PM »
"Being the best player in the league really doesn't matter to me, because I think it all boils down to winning," McGrady says.

krazykokonutz

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2005, 07:58:38 PM »
someone should come up with quotes from DubCC Laker fans and how they all ride Kobe's jock^^^^^^^^like this guy who threw out his Holy Bible and started reading the Holy Kobe......
how am i riding kobes jock when all im posting is what u mothafuckaz are contradicting.....u just mad cause i disproved everything u fuckin thought u dumbfuck

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2005, 08:03:33 PM »
well you no longer could be a fan of anyone b/c then you are labled a "dickryder" ::)   ignorent faggots

kobe=Best player  in the NBA    and untill these young guys start doing there "kobe,Jordan" thang in the Playoffs, they are 2nd to kobe

now,please,shut the fuck up

• Muthafuckin' Don!

TeeRaySix9Teen

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2005, 09:51:15 PM »

hey guys got this from CL.COM. im a big kobe fan so i hate it wehn people compare this dude with lebron james and dwayne wade....maybe this will stop some of those stupid ass threads...i think a legitimate thread on whos better is if it was againsst kg, shaq, duncan, or amare. no tmac , wade , lj, ray allen, vince carter none of that shit

"He amazes me," Nick Van Exel says. "I see him every day, and he still amazes me."

He gets into the game, and you just look at him," Eddie Jones says. "Every play, you look at him and you wonder, 'What's next?'

Tracy McGrady was just out in LA with me, stayed at my house for a couple weeks.... He was supossed to stay at a hotel. One night, he was at my house and my mother was cooking dinner. We were just hanging out, having a good time. Next thing i knew, he was at my house for the next two weeks. It was as if we were related." Says Tracy, "I look at Kobe as my older brother. I learn a lot from him because of what he's gone through."

"I just wanted to make sure Kobe didn't dominate me. It was a good battle. It was fun. He attacked," Jordan said. "The hype was me vs. him. I knew I wasn't 100 percent and he was, and he was biting at the bit. I was just glad that I was able to fight him off.... He attacked. You know, I like his attitude." – bulls vs lakers 98

As easy as God gives it to you, he can take it away from you, " he says. " What I'm doing right now is cool, but you have to touch people in a positive way. The Lord has blessed me with the ability to play basketball. It's bigger than putting a ball in a hoop. You're not just out there to show case your skills in front of millions of people. That's just the icing on the cake. That's how I see it." - Kobe Bryant

“I see a lot of myself in him. No doubt about it.”
—Michael Jordan

“He has the ability to take the game over.”
—Derek Fisher

Kobe’s a model of what a young player should aspire to be. Year by year he learned and made his game more solid, and now he’s not just a highlight-film guy but an accomplished NBA player.”
—Larry Brown, Philadelphia head coach

"Obviously, it's devastating for a situation like this to happen," said Detroit forward Tayshaun Prince after Game 2's loss. "One of the greatest winning players in the game made a shot that he does on a regular basis, so we can't hold our heads down about this one even though we should have won the basketball game. We gotta go back home and face a tough Laker steam that plays just as hard on the road as they do at home."

I told Kobe that he was my idol," O'Neal said. "I'm serious. He's playing phenomenal. I think he's the best player in the league, by far."

"I don't know man," Bryant said. "I'm just a little guard. I try to steal some of his post moves, but they don't seem to have the same powerful effect as when he does it."

Horace Grant kept referring to Bryant as "No. 23," the number Jordan wore. It wasn't a mistake.
"I knew what I was saying," Grant said.

"That's where I've been trying to get him all year," O'Neal said. "He's been getting his points, getting everybody involved, drawing and kicking, doing the right things. Somebody once said the mark of a great player is how you make the other players around you play. I now can truly say that Kobe Bryant is the best player in this league."

O'Neal: "I need Kobe and he needs me. Simple as that. Tougher for the rest of the league for them to beat both of us."

"He looked wonderful," said James, who added nine assists and eight rebounds. "You didn't see him go down the middle and dunk? He looked great. I loved having him back. You always want to compete against the very best. That's my favorite player in the game."

The Lakers (18-14) don't have the same aura they once had.
"Of course not," James said. "They can never get back to that without Shaq and Phil (Jackson). They still have a quality team. They have the best player in basketball."

"Kobe, in my opinion, is the best player in the NBA," he said. "But
whenever you play against a guy like that you have to double him, you have to get the ball out of his hands, you have to make him do the things he doesn't want to do." –marbury

"Kobe has a fire in his eyes like he wants to be the best," said Jamal
Crawford. "You can really see it."

Bryant is a better all-around player than Jordan. "Kobe has developed an identity that's his own," Jackson says. "At one time he wanted to be the gunslinger who comes into town and knocks out Wyatt Earp. Now he's pursuing goals that are much more mature."

"Being the best player in the league really doesn't matter to me, because I think it all boils down to winning," McGrady says. "So it doesn't really matter whether I'm the best or second best. I feel that if I'm in the NBA Finals and competing with a guy like kobe and win then you can compare me, But until then theres no comparison.”n a conversation about Bryant, Jordan said, “I don’t take it negatively.” And, when asked if he sees the similarities between

San Antonio’s Kerr said: “He’s the closest thing to MJ I’ve ever seen. Of course, MJ didn’t have a Shaq to play with him, which actually makes what Kobe did even more impressive. He even sounds like Michael in his interviews, doesn’t he?”

“There’s no question he borrowed some of Michael’s moves,” said Turner Sports analyst Kenny Smith, who played with Jordan at North Carolina. “A lot of guys try to borrow moves, but it doesn’t mean they can actually do them under pressure. Kobe knows when to do them and, lately, when not to.”

"Kobe was incredible," said Tim Duncan. "It seemed like he made every shot out there."

Steve Kerr said. "That's what Michael always used to do. A team starts to come back and make a run, especially in their home building, the fans get behind them, then all of a sudden 'bam,' he just sucks the life out of the place. That's what Kobe is doing."

In a conversation about Bryant, Jordan said, “I don’t take it negatively.” And, when asked if he sees the similarities between himself and Kobe, Jordan said: “Oh, yeah. Yes. I’m looking at his post-up game and the way when his jump shot isn’t falling he goes to the hole, or does what he needs to do to get himself to the foul line. And I like that he takes the game very, very seriously. Now obviously I didn’t play with that dominant inside player like he has in Shaq. And it’s different for him in that he has to be more patient, playing with Shaq. But you know what I’ve noticed, in terms of the difference between him this year and last year, or even earlier this year? He’s not chasing the game as much. With that much talent, you don’t need to chase it. But obviously, there will be comparisons from here on out between Kobe and me, just as there were between me and Dr. J when I first came into the league.”

“Compromise,” Jordan says. “And maturity. The kid is 22 years old, right? He’s going to make mistakes. I did. He’s willing to learn. I don’t think anybody questions that."

Oh, you mean Kobe Jordan?" Laker forward Horace Grant said. "I'm on the bench," said Grant, "I'm 35 years old. I'm a big fan. He's moving the ball, making the shots, not being intimidated by 7-footers. And he's only 22. That's frightening."

Kobe the best in game -Amare Stoudamire

http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2BEZ2Z07ZL2ZH1F7739RY3XG

"That was perhaps the greatest streak shooting I have ever seen in my life," said Lakers coach Phil Jackson, who has coached nine NBA championship teams — six in Chicago and three with the Lakers. –After kobes 3-point record setting night

“He has already done legendary things on the court,” Tomjanovich said of Bryant at his first news conference as Lakers coach Saturday. “I truly believe he has a chance to become the greatest player ever to play the game.”

Larry Bird, who choreographed a few such dreamscapes of his own, called it something else. "Awesome," said Larry Legend. "We were there, but we really weren't there," added Bird, whose Pacers now

face an irretrievable 3-1 deficit entering Friday's Game 5. "Every shot was, you know, all net. I mean, it wasn't even close."

David Robinson (SAS): “At the end of (of the game) they have Kobe Bryant, that’s kind of a nice luxury.”

I thought Kobe had Ruben by a step, so I stepped up to close off the lane," Pippen said. "Kobe's a great player and great players make great plays.

He was shooting over people, he was shooting around people, and they were going in," Carter said. "It's hard to guard somebody when he's feeling it. For 10 straight, he was feeling it." It’s

Always a big challenge battling the against the best.

Who is the best offensive player that you have had to guard so far in the NBA?
Corey Maggette: I'd say Kobe Bryant. He is one of the most athletic, and he has so many moves that he can score whenever he wants.

post the dates of these comments and let us know how many of them came post Shaq...better yet, post the links to the quotes