Author Topic: Eminem to drop a greatest hits album  (Read 600 times)

E Dub

• 'G'
  • Straight Westcoast
Eminem to drop a greatest hits album
« on: October 11, 2005, 12:28:59 AM »
damn Em's just about to get that bit richer ;)

http://www.ballerstatus.net/news/read/id/18040244/

Elevz

Re: Eminem to drop a greatest hits album
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2005, 01:29:14 AM »
Some of the tracks to grace Curtain Call include "My Name Is," "The Way I Am," "Lose Yourself" and "Stan," as well as some of Em's very own picks.

"I have some songs that a lot of people like," he said in the statement. "I have some songs that only I like. This album is obviously for the 'lot' of people."

According to MTV, Em has been working on the album since summer and is putting the final touches on it as this report surfaces.

Curtain Call is slated for release December 6.

Allright. This means it's not his "best of", it's just a compilation of all his popular singles. Wondering though, how can you be busy for months on a fuckin' compilation which only has two new tracks on it?

GATMAN

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2005, 04:45:54 AM »
WHY?  guess his about to retire!

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2005, 04:47:51 AM »
^^ Bob Dylan, Eric Clapton or Bruce Springsteen prolly got about 25 different best ofs out and haven´t retired...

Some of the tracks to grace Curtain Call include "My Name Is," "The Way I Am," "Lose Yourself" and "Stan," as well as some of Em's very own picks.

"I have some songs that a lot of people like," he said in the statement. "I have some songs that only I like. This album is obviously for the 'lot' of people."

According to MTV, Em has been working on the album since summer and is putting the final touches on it as this report surfaces.

Allright. This means it's not his "best of", it's just a compilation of all his popular singles. Wondering though, how can you be busy for months on a fuckin' compilation which only has two new tracks on it?

hgow can Dre be busy on a beat for about 20 years? Some people are just slow...and what is a "best of", other than a compilation of someone´s most popular songs??

Mac 10 †

• Hustler
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You'll never ever win the big one ya monkey fucks!
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2005, 06:42:15 AM »
i hope to jesus this isn't true....it's more pointless than anything else!
NO MORE WAR

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2005, 07:21:00 AM »
hopefully there are some tracks on it that prove his greatness... which I doubt.. sounds to me like he's puttin out all his singles pressed on 1 CD. he should put a cut from infinite there, which he won't. he should put some of his best guest appearances there, which he won't. he shouldnt put anything from encore there, which he won't. he wants me to buy this CD, which I won't.
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2005, 07:59:59 AM »
I guess interscope has to have a new rap release to sell at Christmas time. Em doesn't really have that many hit singles that he could do a "greatest hits" album yet.

Plus, it's just for the masses. Nothing to spark anybody's interest...

westkoastanostra

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2005, 02:57:35 PM »
I guess interscope has to have a new rap release to sell at Christmas time. Em doesn't really have that many hit singles that he could do a "greatest hits" album yet.

Plus, it's just for the masses. Nothing to spark anybody's interest...

1.guilty conscience
2.my name is
3.the real slim shady
4.the way i am
5.stan
6.without me
7.cleaning out my closet
8.sing for a moment
9.just lose it
10.mosh
11.mockingbird

DJ_PK

• 'G'
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2005, 04:40:32 PM »
hopefully there are some tracks on it that prove his greatness... which I doubt.. sounds to me like he's puttin out all his singles pressed on 1 CD. he should put a cut from infinite there, which he won't. he should put some of his best guest appearances there, which he won't. he shouldnt put anything from encore there, which he won't. he wants me to buy this CD, which I won't.

Co-sign

jeromechickenbone

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2005, 04:52:19 PM »

Couldn't have really said it any better myself...but of course he's gonna put together something for mass appeal.  Honestly at this point, i could give a fuck if i hear anything more from him.  He's obviously run out of shit to say, and his singles are so predictable and redundant he's no longer interesting.

ωεεźγ ғ

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2005, 04:59:23 PM »
i hope to jesus this isn't true....it's more pointless than anything else!

eS El Duque

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • SuperTight
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2005, 05:49:55 PM »

sums it up
DUBCC FANTASY BASEBALL CHAMPION 2008

Don Breezio

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2005, 07:15:41 PM »
dude you guys are a bunch of haters...1) half the songs that have been put on the radio are great songs...yeah without me and the real slim shady and just lose it suck ass...but most of the songs on the radio were great...and he said that it wasn't just gonna be the hits from the radio. he is going to have some of his favorites too. give it a chance

Elevz

« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2005, 05:32:43 AM »

hgow can Dre be busy on a beat for about 20 years? Some people are just slow...and what is a "best of", other than a compilation of someone´s most popular songs??

There's a difference between "Best of" and "Greatest hits". Greatest hits is just what made the artist popular - the stuff that appealed to the mainstream. Best of is really their finest work. In Eminem's case, a Greatest Hits would have Without Me on it, and a Best Of would have songs like 8 Mile. Makes sense, doesn't it?

But anyway, Eminem calls this his "Greatest hits" and he says it's for "the lot", so it will most likely be all poppy songs. In Eminem's case, you can be pretty sure the tracklist will look something like this..

1. New song
2. My name is
3. Guilty conscience
4. Forget about Dre
5. Rock bottom
6. The real Slim Shady
7. Stan
8. The way I am
9. Lose yourself
10.Without me
11.Cleanin' out my closet
12.White America
13.Superman
14.Sing for the moment
15.Business
16.Patiently waiting
17.Just loose it
18.Mosh
19.Mockingbird
20.New song 2
« Last Edit: October 12, 2005, 05:36:07 AM by Elevz »

Kill

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2005, 11:45:51 AM »
There's a difference between "Best of" and "Greatest hits". Greatest hits is just what made the artist popular - the stuff that appealed to the mainstream. Best of is really their finest work. In Eminem's case, a Greatest Hits would have Without Me on it, and a Best Of would have songs like 8 Mile. Makes sense, doesn't it?

it does theoretically, but in reality "best of"´s are the most popular songs too, because which songs are really the "best" is absolutely subjective and everybody has to decide for themselves....so you can´t make that type of "best of" you´re talking about for everybody...