Author Topic: Home Game Console Quarterly Reports are in! YAY! NINTENDO WINS!... AGAIN!  (Read 268 times)

Trauma-san

Hey, Microsoft reported their financial quarterly report today, and the X-box division of the company only LOST 141 Million dollars this quarter.  The quarter before that, the X-box division lost the company 179 million dollars.  So in the past 6 months, Microsoft's X-Box has lost them 320 MILLION dollars.  LOST.  NEGATIVE.  Hell, another couple generations and maybe they'll break even.

Nintendo announced their quarterly earnings report on October 7th, they earned $316 million dollars profit over the past 6 months. 

Sony announced their quarterly profits today as well... remember, this is WITH the launch of the PSP months ago, included in the profit report... Sony Computer Entertainment is the division of Sony that produces and sells their playstation line (seperate of course from Sony Pictures, Sony home video, Sony electronics that makes their t.v.'s, etc... all of that is seperate).  This quarter, with the launch of the PSP worldwide, Sony Computer Entertainment earned 71 million dollars.  That's their profit, just after the launch of their newest system.  In the 3 month quarter before this one, Sony Computer Entertainment LOST 51 Million dollars.  So, in the past 6 months, they've earned 20 million dollars profit. 

So, lesse here what we have. 
There have been 90 MILLION PS2's sold around the world.  22 million Xboxes sold since inception.  The Nintendo Gamecube has sold 16 million. 

With 90 Million PS2's sold, Sony made 20 million dollars in the past 6 months, and that's with the launch of their PSP.

With 22 Million X-Boxes sold, Microsoft's home entertainment division LOST 320 million dollars in the past 6 months.

With only 16 Million Gamecube's sold, Nintendo earned 316 MILLION dollars in the past 6 months.

Now, one more time... somebody explain to me how Nintendo is losing this race again?  I don't think the employees at Nintendo are worried about losing their jobs, I think they're laughing because they ain't selling SHIT and they're still making several times over what the competition is. 

Jome

We already knew that Sony & MS sell their consoles with a loss intentionally, it's the 3rd party licences, accessories, and game profits they make money off..
And it's a success, especially for Sony: More people buying PS2 consoles = More people buying PS2 games.
MS tried the same, but doesn't seem to have succeeded the same way..

It's the same as ink for your printer, they sell you the printer for cheap, but when you need a ink refill, they charge almost as much for the ink as the printer itself..
Just like MS is doing with the 360 now, they sell the console at a reasonable price, but they also know that a lot of people will buy harddrives, extra controllers/wheels, remotes, modem for online play, subscription for online access, memory sticks, and of course, the overpriced games that keeps the wheels spinning.. the console itself is just like a bait..

Sikotic™

The system is still ass regardless.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Hey, Microsoft reported their financial quarterly report today, and the X-box division of the company only LOST 141 Million dollars this quarter.  The quarter before that, the X-box division lost the company 179 million dollars.  So in the past 6 months, Microsoft's X-Box has lost them 320 MILLION dollars.  LOST.  NEGATIVE.  Hell, another couple generations and maybe they'll break even.

Nintendo announced their quarterly earnings report on October 7th, they earned $316 million dollars profit over the past 6 months. 

Sony announced their quarterly profits today as well... remember, this is WITH the launch of the PSP months ago, included in the profit report... Sony Computer Entertainment is the division of Sony that produces and sells their playstation line (seperate of course from Sony Pictures, Sony home video, Sony electronics that makes their t.v.'s, etc... all of that is seperate).  This quarter, with the launch of the PSP worldwide, Sony Computer Entertainment earned 71 million dollars.  That's their profit, just after the launch of their newest system.  In the 3 month quarter before this one, Sony Computer Entertainment LOST 51 Million dollars.  So, in the past 6 months, they've earned 20 million dollars profit. 

So, lesse here what we have. 
There have been 90 MILLION PS2's sold around the world.  22 million Xboxes sold since inception.  The Nintendo Gamecube has sold 16 million. 

With 90 Million PS2's sold, Sony made 20 million dollars in the past 6 months, and that's with the launch of their PSP.

With 22 Million X-Boxes sold, Microsoft's home entertainment division LOST 320 million dollars in the past 6 months.

With only 16 Million Gamecube's sold, Nintendo earned 316 MILLION dollars in the past 6 months.

Now, one more time... somebody explain to me how Nintendo is losing this race again?  I don't think the employees at Nintendo are worried about losing their jobs, I think they're laughing because they ain't selling SHIT and they're still making several times over what the competition is. 

Why don't you show the revenues and profits between PS2 and Game Cube? And then ask why Nintendo is losing.

Trauma-san

I just did.  Playstation made 20 million in the past 6 months, Nintendo made 320 million.  Seems pretty cut and dry to me. 

J Bananas

DIPSET!

^^^damn look at la la's titties!

Rampant

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Dipset bitch.

Kain got me listening to them.

Oh yeah on topic. Nintendo can make all the money they want, but the fact remains. The gamecube and the ds suck ass.

props to all in the thread.

Sikotic™

Wow, LaLa does have some nice titties.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
I just did.  Playstation made 20 million in the past 6 months, Nintendo made 320 million.  Seems pretty cut and dry to me. 

Nintendo made 320 million. Meaning Gameboy Adavance, SP, DS, etc. I said home consoles. No one is arguing that Nintendo has the handheld genre locked down. PS2 absolutely slaughtered Game Cube. Don't pretend otherwise.

Danté Williams

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Diggie Dee aka Tha Preacher
Thing is Sony sells millions of PS2, but does not make much money off that. Surely, more PS2 sold -> more PS2 games sold. But most PS2 games are not developed by Sony, so that money does not come to them.

Nintendo sells a lot less. But like 60% of the software (or whatever) sold is made by Nintendo. I mean, shit, if you got a GameCube you buy Mario, Zelda, Mario Kart, Smash Bros and the likes. And that money, does go to Nintendo.

So yeah, they sell a lot less, but win a lot more. Money's on software actually.

About the GC sucking ass, it's a matter of tastes. I don't think it sucks harder than PS2 or Xbox. Nintendo's own games are top notch, but the 3rd parties never put their trust in Nintendo. So you just go where the games you like are gonna be released, the hardware itself does not mean shit.

Denial! Is Actively Joinin The Revolution

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Home Game Console Quarterly Reports are in! YAY! NINTENDO WINS!... AGAIN!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2005, 05:07:02 AM »
game cube doesnt have the games ps2 does i have both consoles and only play resident evil on my game cube! oh and the metal gear solid remake
Hittman is not a real person. He was a computer program generated by Dr. Dre and Mel Man back in the mid 90's. When Dre started treating Mel-Man like shit, Mel infiltrated the computer and put a virus in the hittman program

7even

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2005, 05:11:05 AM »
some dude who wants to keep his name secret told me Nintendo doesnt make that much profit with the Cube, the major money got in with the gameboy advance. and now that the PSP is out, this will change. holla
Cause I don't care where I belong no more
What we share or not I will ignore
And I won't waste my time fitting in
Cause I don't think contrast is a sin
No, it's not a sin

$do11a biLL$

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2005, 06:15:58 PM »
only reason i got a gamecube is because i ripped some stupid kid off and traded him a 1/2 oz of weed for his gamecube and 3 games  :laugh: and resident evil zero was one of em and thats the only reason i really got it because i collect resident evil games

Trauma-san

« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2005, 07:04:41 PM »
some dude who wants to keep his name secret told me Nintendo doesnt make that much profit with the Cube, the major money got in with the gameboy advance. and now that the PSP is out, this will change. holla

When will this change?  The PSP has been out for what, 6 months, which are the 6 months reflected in this profit report, and Sony only made 20 million.  Nintendo made 16 times that.  Nintendo made SIXTEEN TIMES the profit Sony did in the past 6 months.