Author Topic: eminem show news  (Read 192 times)

antt213

• 'G'
eminem show news
« on: April 16, 2002, 10:05:56 AM »
EMINEM'S UNDER THE INFLUENCE!

Click here to shop for Eminem
Click here to search eBay for Eminem
Click here to search for Eminem ringtones

EMINEM has said that his new album 'THE EMINEM SHOW' has been influenced by '70s rock.
The album, the rapper's third solo effort, is due for release on June 3, with a single 'Without Me' to precede it on May 20. Speaking in the current issue of The Face, the controversial rapper claimed that the likes of "Led Zeppelin or Aerosmith" have been an influence on how the record sounds.

He said: "I don't know if I succeeded or not but I was trying to capture like a '70s rock vibe for most of it. We treated this record like it was a rock record in so far as how it's produced. It's, like, loud.

"There's a lot of guitars in it. There's a lot of hiphop shit, too. Like, strictly hiphop shit. I tried to get the best of both worlds. But I listened to a lot of '70s rock growing up, when I was real little. When I go back and listen to them songs, like Led Zeppelin or Aerosmith or Jimi Hendrix...'70s rock had this incredible feel to it."

Eminem has co-produced the record with long-time collaborator Dr Dre. Tracks that feature on the album are set to include 'Without Me', 'Business', 'Dream On', 'Collapse' and 'Hailie's Song'.

Eminem confessed that the drama in his life has been an inspiration. He commented: "It's like I need drama in my life to inspire me a lot, instead of just trying to reach for something. Last year was a really rough year for me. You know, divorce and trying to raise my little girl. Obstacles are thrown at me - you've just got to fall or you don't fall. And I can't fall."

http://nme.com/news/101437.htm

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
all hail the underground how that sound-xzibit

LyRiCaL_G

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
Re: eminem show news
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2002, 11:37:45 AM »
rock..............hmmmmmmmmmmm errrrrrrrrrrr welllllllllllllllllllllllllll ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Young Dan Iza

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2002, 06:48:03 PM »
damn tha cd got pushed bacc 2 the 4th

King-Suge

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • 1000 plus posts under my belt..Its GOOD to be King
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2002, 07:38:56 PM »
rock..............hmmmmmmmmmmm errrrrrrrrrrr welllllllllllllllllllllllllll ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Rap is stale (not all..but most).  Thank God for Eminem spicin it up again.
I only gave you the crown, so I could shoot it off your fucking head-Suge

Refer to me as your highness or dont refer at all

The King is Eddie Winslow/Youre a modern day Urkel/Ill throw you in the pool and hide your pink snorkel.