Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 301623 times)

Now_Im_Not_Banned

Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #4950 on: July 11, 2007, 02:10:13 PM »
I think he has potential to be a 2nd round steal and someday develop into a 12-8 guy for us...

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4951 on: July 12, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »
Derek Fisher officially agrees to re-sign with the Lakers

Derek Fisher will re-join the Lakers.

Fisher and the Lakers have agreed to a three-year contract worth about $13,959,000, league sources said.

However, there will be a holding period before he can sign the contract. Fisher, who was released by the Utah Jazz last week, has to clear waivers first.

It'll take seven days before Fisher can clear waivers, and that won't start until his previous contract of $20,592,600 that he walked away from is amended to zero dollars.

;D Whoop whoop!
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4952 on: July 12, 2007, 10:57:33 AM »
Fisher and the Lakers have agreed to a three-year contract worth about $13,959,000

8)

LAKERS_FAN89

« Reply #4953 on: July 12, 2007, 05:35:53 PM »
 8)

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #4954 on: July 12, 2007, 11:29:06 PM »
weak

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4955 on: July 13, 2007, 10:55:02 AM »
weak

We signed him to a good contract, not the full MLE like he wanted...Now we still have a $1.8 mill vets min exception, which is what Grant Hill signed with Phoenix for...PeACe

Vegasmac25

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4956 on: July 13, 2007, 12:46:51 PM »
grant hill would have been a nice fit in LA.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4957 on: July 13, 2007, 06:09:38 PM »
Grant Hill won't survive in that Phoenix system. You can't make a 34 year old with bad ankles run all night.

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4958 on: July 13, 2007, 06:14:40 PM »
Grant Hill won't survive in that Phoenix system. You can't make a 34 year old with bad ankles run all night.

ALA Jalen Rose

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #4959 on: July 13, 2007, 08:06:36 PM »
Yeah Jalen Rose is another player who probably could've done well for us in the triangle.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4960 on: July 17, 2007, 12:55:04 PM »
so are the lakers pretty much done dealing this offseason??? what ever happened with tryin to obtain a superstar to help kobe win???
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #4961 on: July 17, 2007, 02:27:40 PM »
so are the lakers pretty much done dealing this offseason??? what ever happened with tryin to obtain a superstar to help kobe win???

A deal remains a possibility...We'll have to see how it plays out.

Antonio_

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4962 on: July 18, 2007, 12:38:31 AM »

Man i didn't change my mind about this situation. Kobe should shut the fuck up and start to act as a real TEAM leader. Lakers is a team with great potential. We have all the tools to do good things in the next season. I know it gets old when somebody says it, but we were 3rd in the West last season before all the injuries. If we play triangle well and we play as a team (with Kobe sharing the fucking ball! He was averaging about 8 assists per game without forcing shots), we can reach the 4th place imho. It's all up to us. The team improved dramatically in the PG spot with Fisher and with Farmar being 1 year older; we improved in the SF spot with Radmanovic that has to prove he's worth his contract (last year he wasn't a factor at all, but imho he's a good player: if he plays like he could, he'll be a nice addition); plus Brown and Odom will hopefully be injury-free. If we can sign Mihm with the vets min, i think we will have a fully loaded team to advance to the 2nd round and maybe more. Kobe wants to content? Fine. Me too. But he realized how nobody in the NBA wants to destroy his team to get him, and he realized that, even if there's a team who's willing to do it, it won't be a contending team after the trade. So he betta change his childish attitude and start to work with his teammates again. This year i think we Laker fan will enjoy our team.

Bay Area Jat

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Fremont A's
« Reply #4963 on: July 18, 2007, 12:51:35 AM »
^^^ that was a good take. Rack him
I've forgot more about music and sports than you will ever know!!!

wcsoldier

« Reply #4964 on: July 18, 2007, 01:47:38 AM »
99% of chances that nothing happened.. Walsh won't change his mind with the J.O trade , our FO is not willing to give up both Andrew and Lamar (way too much) and Wolves don't want Lamar contract which means we would have to trade Lamar for a young talent and an expiring contact so a 3 teams deal .. very unlikely .. anyways Garnett ain't going nowhere ..