Author Topic: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread  (Read 300870 times)

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Sticky: The Official Los Angeles Lakers thread
« Reply #6120 on: February 08, 2008, 06:45:03 PM »
6 motherfuckers in double figures!!

Now all we have to do is play good 4th Quarter Defense....
SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6121 on: February 08, 2008, 07:47:23 PM »
Damn it only took Gasol 3 games to hit the 30 point mark. It took Odom 2 seasons. Not tryna bash dude but this proves what I've been saying all along, Odom isn't a 2nd option. Now that we have The Twin Towers with Kobe, Odom is gonna kick ass on nights when the defense is trying to collapse on one of our big 3.

Oh shiet...we have a big 3! I didn't even realize it till right now when I typed that  :o
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6122 on: February 08, 2008, 07:57:01 PM »
Damn it only took Gasol 3 games to hit the 30 point mark. It took Odom 2 seasons. Not tryna bash dude but this proves what I've been saying all along, Odom isn't a 2nd option. Now that we have The Twin Towers with Kobe, Odom is gonna kick ass on nights when the defense is trying to collapse on one of our big 3.

Oh shiet...we have a big 3! I didn't even realize it till right now when I typed that  :o

Odom=pass first, shoot second

Gasol=shoot first, pass second

PS...it's a big 4 with Odom

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #6123 on: February 08, 2008, 09:02:27 PM »
as versatile as odom is, he was never consistently focused enough to be our second-option on a night-in-night-out basis. of course, everytime he does get focused like he does in the play-offs, hes ballin each game.

hes more comfortable as the 3rd option. today he just saved the lakers. shot 100%, got the final dagger shot, and owned the shit outta lewis with that slick ass block

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6124 on: February 08, 2008, 09:39:21 PM »
I Guess You don't need To Rest That hand Then Kobe.. ;D
Great Game, Orlando was shooting The lights out In That First half.

Styles1

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6125 on: February 08, 2008, 10:51:09 PM »
They know how to give their fans near heart-attacks with their poor 4th Quarter defense as of late.... we've been playing good 3rd's but we got to stop these other fools from getting back in the game in the 4ths...

SENIOR WRITER FOR WWW.ALLHIPHOP.COM

WWW.TWITTER.COM/TIM_SANCHEZ

wcsoldier

« Reply #6126 on: February 09, 2008, 02:28:35 AM »
^^^^ yep pretty poor defense in the 4th QTR . the only QTR we played good D was the third ... I can live with the fact being dominated by Howard but Nelson owning Fish and Jordan all night ? please .. we were lucky Turkoglu missed that wide open 3 when Magic was up by 1 (why the fuck you leave Hedo open  :-X) ... now we gotta finish this trip with 3 more wins . 7-2 is very good though Atlanta loss is hard to accept ..

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6127 on: February 09, 2008, 03:20:10 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PvMYQEpiS5A&amp;rel=1" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PvMYQEpiS5A&amp;rel=1</a>

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6128 on: February 10, 2008, 01:11:08 PM »
Kobe's making some nice passes from under the basket. 8) If the Lakers play some defense this is going to be blow out.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #6129 on: February 10, 2008, 02:15:28 PM »
Ya'll hear big ass Barkley?

"The 3 best teams in the West are the Spurs, the Jazz, and the Lakers"

He's joined the bandwagon! Let's celebrate...

barkley knows alot about winning rings ;)

haha he was my favorite player though.
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #6130 on: February 10, 2008, 03:45:22 PM »
Roadtrip: 5-2

DET L 89-90
TOR W 121-101
WAS W 103-91
NJN W 105-90
ATL L 95-98
ORL W 117-113
MIA W 104-94

Next up...
CHA
MIN

So had it not been for one defensive collapse (Detroit) and one questionable call in the final moments (Atlanta) we could be 7-0 on this road trip! Insane. Now we just need to finish strong, 7-2 would be damn good.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #6131 on: February 10, 2008, 04:45:54 PM »
haha he was my favorite player though.

Word, Even Tho I Hate Him as an Comedic Analyst/Color Commentator 
He Was one of my "Fav 5" Players of All-Time back in The day. (He was a Beast on the Boards @ only 6'3/6'4)

"I Am Not A Role Model!" Classic shit...
But he need's to Step His team picking skillz up...lol

Teddy Roosevelt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The Trust-Buster
« Reply #6132 on: February 10, 2008, 06:09:46 PM »
Honest, West says, it wasn't his deal
Former Grizzlies boss and Lakers legend praises Kupchak for getting Gasol.
February 9 2008

Finally, Jerry West can watch the Lakers without being swamped by the anxiety that drove him to pace the hallways or roam the freeways while the team he assembled became a behemoth that would win three consecutive NBA championships.

The Lakers still bear his imprint nearly eight years after he retired for the first time, after that first title, and they will forever have a claim on his heart. And West, back in Southern California full-time after five seasons as the Memphis Grizzlies' president of basketball operations, likes what he sees of his old team.

General Manager Mitch Kupchak's acquisition of 7-footer Pau Gasol from the Grizzlies for Kwame Brown, Javaris Crittenton and two first-round draft picks -- a trade West said he was not involved in, contradicting the rumors and conspiracy theories that have buzzed around the Internet -- was a good one, he believes.

And who's going to argue with Jerry West?

"I think they have the best team in the West and I said that before they got him," West said Friday in a rare interview.

"He's a terrific kid, a very skilled offensive player," West said of Gasol. "He's got size and some versatility. He's a very good player. It's a terrific deal for the Lakers.

"He's a wonderful person. Very team-orientated. If you're around him you'll find he's not aloof. I have nothing critical to say about him. This is a steal for the present."

West still follows the Lakers, but from a distance. That's purely by his choice.

The man who brought Kobe Bryant and Shaquille O'Neal to Los Angeles and made the Lakers the hottest ticket in town again, who mentored Kupchak and brought passion and dignity and pride to everything he did, would be welcomed at Staples Center any time he showed up.

Actually, the Lakers should commission a statue in his honor and plant it outside the building, so much do they owe him -- and so important is it that no one forget what he did for this franchise.

West visited Staples Center briefly on Dec. 30, the night the Lakers played the Boston Celtics and wore their throwback uniforms with the short-shorts. He participated in the ceremonial tipoff and then vanished, not lingering for interviews or self-indulgent plunges into pools of nostalgic memories.

"I don't go out that much," he said. "I've seen a lot of basketball. A lot of general managers and agents call me, but I'm trying to be out of the limelight. I really don't like being in the limelight."

He's not involved with any team now.

"And I'm not going to be," he said.

It takes some patience to discover why this retirement might stick.

West, who will be 70 in May, is still recovering from a dislocated shoulder he suffered in a golf-cart accident five months ago. For West, who wastes neither time nor words and speaks in emphatic, staccato bursts, it was a frustrating time.

"I'm just now getting to the point where I can do some things, like work out and lift weights," said West, who continues to follow a regimen of physical therapy.

"I am a very solitary person. I have to be active. I love to hit golf balls just to have something physical to do."

That was as much time as he was willing to spend on talking about himself.

"Let's get back to basketball," he said with a firmness that would allow no challenge.

"I think people are very excited about this trade, and obviously I'm very happy for Mitch. I've seen some of the criticism he's gotten here and it's not justified.

"The Lakers have always had a lot of great players, and there's a lot of good fortune involved in being in the right position to sign free agents. But when you can get a player who's 27 years of age and has that size and ability to score, that's good work."

Gasol had his most productive game as a Laker on Friday, scoring 30 points in a 117-113 victory over the Magic at Orlando. His defensive flaws are no secret, but West chose to leave any disparaging remarks to others.

That's fine. It's not his team and it's not his place and he looks better remaining on the high road.

"Pau has a good basketball IQ," West said. "This is a very positive thing for the Lakers and I think fans will appreciate him."

The Gasol trade was the first of three major moves by Western Conference contenders. In quick succession the San Antonio Spurs signed Damon Stoudamire to replace the injured Tony Parker and the Phoenix Suns acquired O'Neal from Miami.

West praised San Antonio Coach Gregg Popovich, saying the Spurs "play so well together. They have such camaraderie." The Suns, he speculated, "probably said, 'We want to win this year and we're probably not going to win if we don't do this.' " Adding O'Neal "changes the dynamics of it, for sure," West said.

But in his mind, there's still one clear favorite.

It's not the Suns.

Said West: "I still don't think they're as good as the Lakers."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-elliott9feb09,1,5124613,full.column?ctrack=3&cset=true

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #6133 on: February 10, 2008, 06:32:00 PM »
Good news on Bynum's return...

Andrew Bynum: (Knee) Rehab On Schedule

RotoWire.com Staff - RotoWire.com
Saturday, February 9, 2008

Update: Bynum (knee) appears to be on schedule with his knee rehab process, despite reports of him suffering a set back, the LA Times reports.

Recommendation: The Lakers are hoping for a return sometime during the second week of March, which goes accordingly with the initial eight weeks diagnosis. "As far as the swelling goes, it looks more normal. He's definitely not running, but he's continuing treatment," Lakers spokesman John Black said. Bynum was averaging 13.1 points with 10.2 boards before he injured his left knee on Jan. 13.

Halu Sination

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Halu Sination
« Reply #6134 on: February 10, 2008, 07:36:26 PM »
great game today. kobe got his usual 30+ points, and shut wade the fuck down. wade broke down offensively on so many plays in the clutch.

odom with 15/18/6, the mans been tearin shit up now that theres no pressure on him being the main post-scorer. altho those stats arent that great wen u consider the excess amount of times odom has made marion his bitch in the past years.