Author Topic: Priority Records Be Fucking Up, Nephew  (Read 419 times)

Jome

Priority Records Be Fucking Up, Nephew
« on: April 09, 2002, 03:57:35 PM »
Ras Kass: But Priority Records be fucking up nephew
(Van Gogh)
Ice Cube: Even though I'm on a fucked up label, yall bitches now what I can bring to the table
(Right here right now)
Snoop: Slang a couple of million records, with no FUCKING promo
(So hard)
Snoop: Snoop grew bigger than Priority

Damn yall, I mean, Priority been fucking a lot of artists through the years.
Bad Azz: Poor promoting, good album: Poor sales.
Ice Cube: Could have been a BIG-seller, but Priority fucked all his albums.
Snoop Dogg: Could sell 5 millions each time, with the right promotion.
Ras Kass: Now what the fuck are they thinking about? They got a lyricist better than Nas, he got hot tracks, but they keep delaying it time and TIME again. If this doesn't drop before 2003, I'm gonna be difficult to be around.

So for the 2K2: Fuck Priority nephew.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
Re: Priority Records Be Fucking Up, Nephew
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2002, 04:27:46 PM »
completly agree,

mostly with the snoop part tho , 5 millions each time, some of my dogg didn't even know when the album was comming out , they knew  about 1 week before the release date, so i ain't jokin
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2002, 04:30:13 PM »
snoop would not go 5x platnium,  wit good promotion,  he would maybe go 3 x plat,  but no way 5x.  Ja rule is pop an he dont even go 5x.  U snoop fans act like 2x platnium is bad,  that is excellent,  u know how many rappers would kill to push those many units,  now a days goin 1x platnium is very good for a rappers,  its not like tha early an mid 90's anymore where every rapper seemed to atleast gold

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2002, 01:57:43 AM »
The sad thing is it's not only priority who fucks over it's hip-hop artists...

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

AxleF

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2002, 02:27:28 AM »
You guys are trippin.  Maybe Priority has had its issues.. but they where the main label behind establishing many G-Rap artists from the West to down South.  

And about them fuckin up Ice Cubes sales on every album???  Thats utter bullshit.  For a while, Cube used to list his credits:
"Ice Cube Records Exclusively For And Appears Curtosy Of, Priority Records."

So that right there shows you how tight Priority and Cube were.  This statement he made is very recent and it doesnt represent Cubes feelings during the good ole days.  I agree.. they are fuckin up some awesome artists now.. but it hasn't always been like this.  This could simple be the sign of the times.  Hip Hop is blowin up in the East and Priority is struggling to keep up.  Its all about money yall!

Ax
Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure..
~Theodore Roosevelt

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2002, 02:35:40 AM »
You guys are trippin.  Maybe Priority has had its issues.. but they where the main label behind establishing many G-Rap artists from the West to down South.  

And about them fuckin up Ice Cubes sales on every album???  Thats utter bullshit.  For a while, Cube used to list his credits:
"Ice Cube Records Exclusively For And Appears Curtosy Of, Priority Records."

So that right there shows you how tight Priority and Cube were.  This statement he made is very recent and it doesnt represent Cubes feelings during the good ole days.  I agree.. they are fuckin up some awesome artists now.. but it hasn't always been like this.  This could simple be the sign of the times.  Hip Hop is blowin up in the East and Priority is struggling to keep up.  Its all about money yall!

Ax

I agree with what you have to say about the 'priority records' nowadays compared to back in the day (which we should all be thankful for), but surely if they promoted/marketed their artists better & more accurately they wouldn't be struggling to keep up. The West is still producing dope hip-hop music but alot of the times people are not hearing enough about it because the labels are not giving their artists enough attention.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Tito

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2002, 03:03:12 AM »
What about the promotion of BONES SOUNDTRACK?

Don Seer

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2002, 03:06:05 AM »
They're a lot betta then Elektra, nate's album hasn't been released over here as far as I can tell.

Universal are better, they got Warren's out here quick.. but he complained about promotion too.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2002, 03:29:14 AM »
They're a lot betta then Elektra, nate's album hasn't been released over here as far as I can tell.

Yeah I agree about them being alot better than Elektra, Nate's album did drop here....I copped it at HMV about a month after the official US drop date....but there was absolutely NO promotion for it here...as you can tell as you still had no idea it was released here!

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
:'(Re: Priority Records Be Fucking Up, Nephew
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2002, 04:07:59 AM »

Yeah homie I agree on the Ras Kass Piece.
Mannn!!! It's madd hard to even find a Ras cd out there.
Go to any store and look for a Ras Kass joint and you'll probably come up empty handed.
For at least over a 2 year period I was searching for an alternate copy of "Soul on Ice" (I lost my O.G. :'(  )
And up until as recently as last week I recovered my lyrical masterpiece. (I had to special order)
How the fuck do they expect an artist to sell if you can't get your hands on their shitt.

^^^Holla...If ya feel me on this^^^

I could go on and on about artists cd's which are hard as fuck to come by....like "Word on the streetz"
"Low Profile....dannm!!! this is a classic lp of all time, but can I pick that shitt up, hell naahh!!
I hate the early 90's (I was only into tapes and I kill myself everyday for not coppin' cd's...)

Overall the home of Gangsta rap in the late 80's & Early 90's has been slippin' into darkness.
IMO..
And to quote the homie....and Ras Kass

"Priority records be fuckin' up nephew"
Hatesrats 2oo2

Funkadelic

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2002, 04:47:33 AM »
Priority has released many tight releases during the years, but I agree when you say that Bad Azz has a fucked up promotion.

Nosak

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Half Dogg,Half Monkey..Bitch! Donkey Kong
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2002, 05:21:18 AM »
snoop would not go 5x platnium,  wit good promotion,  he would maybe go 3 x plat,  but no way 5x.  Ja rule is pop an he dont even go 5x.  U snoop fans act like 2x platnium is bad,  that is excellent,  u know how many rappers would kill to push those many units,  now a days goin 1x platnium is very good for a rappers,  its not like tha early an mid 90's anymore where every rapper seemed to atleast gold

hey homeboy, ja rule AIN'T NO  WHERE NEAR of snoop status, so stop hatin  aight
snoop dogg - "i don't fuck with the pocus everybody
knows this , i fuck with the chronic cause the chronic
gives me dopeness"                                   

- Look here bitch you're fine and i dig your style...-

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2002, 05:34:10 AM »
It seems the only lables that actually promote Hip-Hop records are Interscope and Def Jam. Everyone else seems luke warm about it, or released the ablum and let them sit on the shelfs.

The reasons is that Interscope was saved by hip-hop with Death Row and 2Pac, as they always had 2Pac before and during the Death Row days. And Def Jam is a Hip-Hop lable. Priority seems to be struggling, as they were the main lable on the west, and now they are getting smaller and less promotion.

Tito

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2002, 05:34:46 AM »
I can kill for a copy of Low Profile album.....C-L-A-S-S-I-C-

caTASHtrophe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2002, 06:28:51 AM »
Ras Kass is the best  ;)