Author Topic: Xzibit is the Official Representative of the WEST  (Read 724 times)

infinite59

Xzibit is the Official Representative of the WEST
« on: April 04, 2002, 05:15:42 PM »
(Dre's out cause he's a producer)

West Coast Representative- Xzibit

Midwest- Eminem

East Coast- Nas

South- Outkast
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 04:00:00 PM by 1034398800 »

Tha_Chozen_1

Re: Xzibit is the Official Representative of the W
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2002, 05:17:59 PM »
South of the Border - Me 8)

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2002, 05:18:27 PM »
I would agree with you sayin Xzibit's one of the better lyricist of the West...

But Snoop's held the Official Representative Of The West for years now In my mind.. and he'll probably keep that title for a couple more years to come.

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Tha_Chozen_1

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2002, 05:21:20 PM »
Bout time.  Since Pac died (Rest In Peace) we needed a new Rep.

infinite59

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2002, 05:29:02 PM »
I would agree with you sayin Xzibit's one of the better lyricist of the West...

But Snoop's held the Official Representative Of The West for years now In my mind.. and he'll probably keep that title for a couple more years to come.

I think Xzibit is holding more heat than Snoop right now... and Snoop went down South to fuck with No Limit for a couple years, Xzibit's been holding down the West consistently since 96.

Cliftone_Santiago_909

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2002, 05:42:41 PM »
No.. Xzibit's hasn't been holding shit down... I agree he's tight and all.. but most peeps were barely finding out who he was in 99 When "Bitch Please" was blowing up.. and that was a Snoop song to top it off...

People recognize Snoop right away, They know what he's about, LBC 213 West Coast California Baby... He was down south doing workin with No Limit... but that doesn't take nothin away from him.. Listen to his shit on No Limit.. he was still representing Long Beach... Listen to him on World War III from tha Ruff Ryders Comp.... that's what makes him a "representative"... no matter where he goes, no matter where he is.. he's gonna take the West Coast with him.

Beside's Tupac... No one gets more recognition than Snoop dogg from the West Coast... and I'm from out here my self.. Inland Empire 909 Area.. and I'ma let you know Snoop gets more love out here than anyone else..

"These Bustas! Betta Recognize What's Commin'/ Dancin' On D's With Tha Alpine Bumpin'/ Ever Since A Child I Knew How To Live Foul/ Now I Bust Rhymes Like A Cool CRIMINAL" - King Tee

Sikotic™

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2002, 06:01:36 PM »
Well when someone thinks West Coast rap, Snoop Dogg is gonna come to most peoples minds before Xzibit ever does.

So Snoop represents the West Coast more than Mr. X to tha Z in my opinion.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

IKON

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Pharoahe - God's Gift to Vocabulary BIOTCH!!!!
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2002, 06:42:26 PM »
It will was Pac when he was alive but since his death its definitely Snoop. Xzibit represents the west and all that but Snoop is definitely the most recognizable and popular westcoast artist there is.

infinite59

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2002, 06:59:34 PM »
No.. Xzibit's hasn't been holding shit down... I agree he's tight and all.. but most peeps were barely finding out who he was in 99 When "Bitch Please" was blowing up.. and that was a Snoop song to top it off...

People recognize Snoop right away, They know what he's about, LBC 213 West Coast California Baby... He was down south doing workin with No Limit... but that doesn't take nothin away from him.. Listen to his shit on No Limit.. he was still representing Long Beach... Listen to him on World War III from tha Ruff Ryders Comp.... that's what makes him a "representative"... no matter where he goes, no matter where he is.. he's gonna take the West Coast with him.

Beside's Tupac... No one gets more recognition than Snoop dogg from the West Coast... and I'm from out here my self.. Inland Empire 909 Area.. and I'ma let you know Snoop gets more love out here than anyone else..

word... I'll agree with you on that, it was more of an opinion, I understand that in general Snoop is regarded as the representative of the West Coast.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2002, 07:15:43 PM »

..:West coast:..
Big Snoop Dogg

..:East coast:..
Rakim

..:Midwest:..
Bone Thugs n' Harmony

..:South:..
Scarface

The last 2 pic's of mine really deserve their spots cause they literaly put their area on the map.

What yall' think?

The top 2 were my opinion's.

Peace
Hatesrats 2oo2

HBKid_Jr

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2002, 07:20:47 PM »
ive would of figured dre or eazy would be tha biggest in cali b/c they paved tha way for west coast rap,  but i can see why snoop is tha biggest in cali b/c he is always representing california 2 tha fullest no matter what

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2002, 08:08:45 PM »
It basically goes like this. Past is basically the first person to hold it down, I guess you can say first true king of their place. Present is who's there now, the current king. Future is who I think will take over in time, or should take over. All time is the greatest king their place.

Westcoast
Past - Ice Cube (the writer of Boyz N Tha Hood, and all of Eazy-E's N.W.A. lyrics on Straight Outta Compton. Well Eazy was the Godfather, Cube was the representive of N.W.A and westcoast. From 1988 to 1993, Ice Cube was on top of the westcoast.)
Present - Snoop Dogg (It was a long road, but Snoop is the most respected rapper on the left coast, and the most popular westcoast rapper today)
Future - Xzibit (The throne is his to take when he is ready. Just needs another hit album and more MTV time)
All-time - 2Pac (2 was the greatest rapper the west ever brought out, and he was the one that unified the Bay and L.A. as one. Not much else needed to say)

Eastcoast
Past - Rakim (Paid in Full drop, Rakim was on top of the eastcoast. Big Daddy Kane and Rakim were the top of the eastcoast, with KRS-One and LL Cool J as the heads. But Ra had that something else to push him above all.)
Present - Jay-Z/Nas (The two wage war on each other for the crown. Nas is starting to take a lead, but no one is a undisputed winner yet. And that's what it takes to rule a coast.)
Future - Mos Def (Or someone not Roc-A-Fella)
All-time - Notorious B.I.G. (What else can I say, N.Y. loves him, on of the greats. No more needs to be said)

South
Past - Scarface (Scarface and The Ghetto Boys put the south on the map. Scarface and The Ghetto Boys were rival with 2 Live Crew for the top spot, but the Ghetto Boys dropped real rap. And the Diary was just a fuckin' classic.)
Present - Outkast (Outkast have been in the game a long time, and they are the biggest sellers the south has seen. Outkast, who else, JD.)
Future - Ludicris (Like it or not, this man has IT, to make it big and stay there. It's hard to get known, but this man is known, and making hit after hit.)
All-time - Scarface (Who else, Luke...LOL)

Midwest
Past - Bone Thugs (When they dropped, the world stopped in amazment on what they heard. Coast dominance would never bee they same again when Bizzy, Krazy, Lazy and Wish dropped, with help from Flesh. Bone Thugs from 1995 to 1998 ruled the Midwest like no one else can.)
Present - Eminem (What else can I say. The man is gifted, and he happens to be white. But so is most of the Midwest, so it don't matter, just that this guy is the best thing to happen to Midwest rap since Common.)
Future - Tech9 (I really don't know, but my friend knows him, so I gotta go with him. Plus his CD is FUCKIN' BLAZING.)
All-time - Common (Come, admit, Common is possibly better than Em. Either way, Common still set standards other Midwest artist have to stand to.)

Don Jacob

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • don status, bitch
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2002, 08:17:50 PM »
i gott agree with that ^

R.I.P.  To my Queen and Princess 07-05-09

rayza

• 'G'
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2002, 09:00:23 PM »
i gott agree with that ^

word

Jome

« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2002, 01:07:28 AM »
West: XZIBIT
East: Jay Z/Method Man
South: Outkast (Ludacris on the come-up)