Author Topic: Who got paid vacation ?  (Read 256 times)

PLANT

Re: Who got paid vacation ?
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2005, 05:57:46 AM »
ya its something like that

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2005, 07:57:45 AM »
I was thinking about giveing mr."REPRESENT"a paid vacation.but if that bitch dont start acting wright,the fag aint getting shit.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Trauma-san

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2005, 08:17:00 AM »
the benefits at my job are

Company Truck
Company paid gas

so I never drive my personal car, I just drive the company truck and use their gas.  I haven't bought any gas out of my own pocket for a year and a half. 

I get paid lunches

1 week paid vacation the first year, 2 weeks every year after that

Then it's something like 10 sick days a year or something, then

You get all the holiday's off.  Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July, Labor Day, etc. 

It's also a job where you set your own schedule, so I usually don't work Fridays. 

Also, for Christmas, you get a Christmas bonus which is an extra week's pay, and I get a base salary plus 1.5 percent commission of everything I 'collect' for the company. 

hempside

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2005, 08:23:41 AM »
Pimpen the system huh.I dont blam you cuzz.
heyheyhey smoke weed everyday.

Don Seer

« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2005, 08:27:24 AM »
if we gonna mention those.. i also get more benefits...

sick days? man if i'm sick fuck how long it is. lol.. if i'm off sick for 6 months its tough luck.. after a certain time tho over here they're only obliged to pay SSP (statutory sick pay) which is a percentage of your normal wage.

so i got 25 days holiday/vacation plus what we call "bank holidays" which is easter, christmas and some other shit.. so thats kinda like 4th july... plus i get a PRP payment every 6 months, with one timed just before xmas. which is a profit related payout fromthe company... and i work flexitime i have to work 40 hours a week. and i have to be at work 10am -> 12am and 2pm -> 4pm.. but outside that i can come and go as i please (but its easier to work 9am -> 5.30pm) and i have internet access all day (duh!) ;)
also i can take days off at short notice.. i mean a week i might have to book.. but say i decided right now (its 4.30pm here) i want tomorrow off i can do it..
« Last Edit: November 29, 2005, 08:48:42 AM by Overseer »

Trauma-san

« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2005, 08:39:42 AM »
^ Yeah, that sounds pretty cool.

With my job, I have a set amount of things I have to accomplish every week.  I could do them all in two days if I can get it done, but it makes it hard to take long vacations.  I could work 3 day weeks for the rest of the year, no problem... or I could skip a week and just come back and take care of it... but I wouldn't ever be able to take 4 weeks in a row off or anything, which kind of sucks. 

I honestly don't end up working 40 a week.  Plus, most of my job is driving... so I probably spend 10 hours a week on the road, driving, and only about 20 actually working (if that much!). 

I do a good job though and take care of everything that I'm supposed to do, and even do above and beyond, so I don't feel bad about the company gas or anything. 

Today's a good example.  It's noon on tuesday and I'm still home.  I'm going to go work from about 1 till 6, then be home.  Yesterday, I worked from 11 until 7, but most of that was driving. 

Tommorow, i'll work about 10 until 6, and

Thursday, I'll work about 10 until 3. 

Friday I'll work probably 9 until 6 or 7, but most of that will be driving too.

What's that, lesse  about 35 hours.  That's a typical week. 

Don Seer

« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2005, 08:51:19 AM »

yeah i'm physically here 40 hours..  and i'm sat on my ass all day.. mostly working, sometimes surfing here or other sites.. or getting a coffee/tea/water or chatting with the other guys or some shit.. plus i can play music all day... if it werent for being able to bump tunes _and_ use the net all day this forum wouldnt exist... i've effectively got 40 hours 'overseeing' of this site covered on weekdays without it impacting my personal life in anyway :)

K A I N

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2005, 10:13:54 AM »
Only guys?  ???

Suga Foot

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2005, 10:59:50 AM »
I'm self employed.  I've been living off a government grant for the last year while developing my business.  I take days off here and there, but I also work late nights and weekends sometimes too.  It's a good trade off tho.  I'm gonna take a week off for Christmas.

There was a repot that came out in the summer and it said that most Canadians don't use their full vacation time every year.  Like my brother could have taken 2 weeks off this summer but he didn't.  Now he's really busy over the next month, and he can't get time off for xmas.

Lincoln

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The best in the game today....Black Jack Johnson
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2005, 11:41:58 AM »
There was a repot that came out in the summer and it said that most Canadians don't use their full vacation time every year. 

Yeah that's really true. My uncle got told he had to take a week off every month from July until this December with his remaining holiday weeks because the company was tired of paying him off for not taking it.

Most hip-hop is now keyboard driven, because the majority of hip-hop workstations have loops and patches that enable somebody with marginal skills to put tracks together,...

Unfortunately, most hip-hop artists gravitated towards the path of least resistance by relying on these pre-set patches. As a result, electric guitar and real musicians became devalued, and a lot of hip-hop now sounds the same.

Paris

DreSnoop00

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2005, 11:43:08 AM »
it depends where you work and how their policy is...
for me I work at AOL part time
making $10 an hour ....
and on thanksgiving for example...I didnt have to work but still got paid at least my $10 an hour for the hours I was supposed to work...
and the next day friday I had to work and they still considered it holiday season...so I got paid holiday there...where I made 2.5 times as much..so at that time I was making $25 an hour that day

white Boy

• The totally random poster
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • http://bigbowlofsoup.tumblr.com/
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2005, 12:21:01 PM »
paid vacation, yea riiight, but all i do is sit and surf the net the whole time im working so its no biggie

The Watcher

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2005, 04:56:09 PM »
i work as a network & security admin for a multi national "professional services" company .. i get 6 weeks holiday a year + 15 sick days (all at full salary), since there's 5 of us in the team, we have a system for sick days where we just don't notify any of the accounts people, and just pickup the slack when we need to

my day consists of; listening to music, surfing the net and fixing problems when/if they happen .. oh yeah, i have mad addiction to diet coke also
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Suga Foot

« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2005, 07:09:42 PM »
I have a freind who works on movies, it's kind of on and off work.  But he worked on Thanksgiving and made like 75 bucks an hour to hang green screens lol.

The Watcher

« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2005, 08:11:28 PM »
^ yeah, i've got a friend who works on animation for movies (lord of the rings, king kong, eye scream man, bugs life) and he works for like 4-5 months of the year, then spends the rest of the year snowboarding in europe
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden